PDA

View Full Version : What do you like best about DHS?

ltam16
02-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Only been here a couple of times and once was Star Wars weekend. Aside from the major attractions...what should I not miss and what extras/hidden things should I be looking for!

Disney Doll
02-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Don't miss Fantasmic. I know it's more of a major attraction, but somehow we totally missed it on our first trip to DHS. As far as hidden gems I would recommend One Man's Dream. It's basically a little Walt Disney museum right there in the park. It's pretty cool to see some of the old stuff.

WriteDisney
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Catalina Eddie's has great milkshakes! Don't miss those. Or the street performers who come out in the afternoons...

#1donaldfan
02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
The Toluca Turkey legs.....and we too missed Fantasmic our very first trip....what a show!!! One man's dreams is very informative...very interesting too......Great Movie Ride.......??? I'm sure there's more.......

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
At the end The Magic of Disney Animation there is a drawing class. I think it's a must do. I go a couple of times every visit.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Pulled pork sandwiches across from beauty and the beast.Wish I had one now.

Kairi_7378
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Gotta love Fantasmic! I really enjoy walking around DHS enjoying the classic architecture.

DisneyDudet
02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I REFUSE to call it DHS... anywho...

I like the Streets of America, you know, NYC and San Fran. Its fun to take pictures there. I also like the Animation Academy. Bring rubberbands to wrap up your pictures!

MGM is where we usually get our Mickey Ice Cream Bars, so thats a must do for us!

FirsttimeJan.07
02-26-2008, 03:25 PM
The shop next to the villians store has the best chocolate!!! The chocolate covered pretzels with toffee and butterfinger cookies are WONDERFUL!!! Go in the afternoon, grab some snacks and watch the street performers!

playdead88
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
getting a chocolate milkshake from mil and bils and then sitting on one of the park benches under the hat - there is a breeze that comes through there and its just so nice to sit for a couple minutes and enjoy being at disney - then its time to ride RnR again! :mickey:

jpH/keD
02-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage is a must! We loved the characters out and around! They were great! I could spend weeks in that park! I prefer MGM to DHS too! It's more nostalgic!

I plan on skipping the Star Tours ride! I had motion sickness for 2 weeks after that ride!!:sick: I liked the ride but it didn't like me!

Also they have the best Christmas shop in FLA! Something like its a wonderful...shop! Have fun!:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
02-26-2008, 09:03 PM
This is one of those little Disney touches that you can easily miss but we love to watch when sitting and having an ice cream from Gertie's Ice Cream of Extinction. If you watch Gertie carefully, every few minutes she blows smoke from her nose. Its one of those bits of magic you have to look for in order to see it because it lasts just a moment but love that Disney magic.:thumbsup:

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 07:44 AM
I like walking around the park and enjoy just the way things look, the whole "glamorized Hollywood" theming. I also do enjoy the street performers who come out and the people dressed to look like stars of that Hollywood period.

poohbearlover15
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=DisneyDudet;1559462]I REFUSE to call it DHS... anywho...QUOTE]

Haha I always call it MGM and I dont get why people call it DHS. Does anyone know why they changed it?

WriteDisney
02-27-2008, 05:35 PM
getting a chocolate milkshake from mil and bils and then sitting on one of the park benches under the hat - there is a breeze that comes through there and its just so nice to sit for a couple minutes and enjoy being at disney - then its time to ride RnR again! :mickey:

Thats actually what I meant when I wrote my post, Min and Bills not Catalina Eddys (where is that from?)... they have great milkshakes!

Aurora's Spindle
02-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Fantasmic is my absolute favorite Disney show (though it's not as good in DL as it is in WDW, what with the limited space issues).

I'm also a huge fan of the Indiana Jones stunt show and perusing the Villian Shop (can't remember the real name). The Chronicles of Narnia walkthrough was pretty cool, too.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
I love Muppet Vision 3D. Especially the part with the bubbles. Gotta love Bean Bunny too.

I also like The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Going to that show on a hot summer afternoon and being misted on in the cool grotto-like atmosphere is very refreshing.

DisneyDD2
02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Like some others, I would definitely recommend Fantasmic! What a show!

We also make 50's Prime Time Cafe a must-do. :thumbsup: The food is pretty good and the interaction that the wait staff have with the customers can be hilarious!

dizknee531
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
:mickey:ask a cast member to show you some of the hidden mickeys on the mural at the queque of The Great Movie Ride!! :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
well for some reason DHS has always been my favorite park, i just liked it from our very first trip, me and dw have done the Stars Wars Weekends twice now and on our upcoming trip will make it our third, but i wouldn't miss Fantasmic this is the best show that WDW has , also the The Great Movie Ride is a must do and although i can't do them due to motion sickness:ack: RNR and Tower of Terror according to dw are musts especially if your there during the evening extra magic hours.

Victor

2Epcot
02-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Fantasmic and the Great Movie Ride are my favorite parts of The Studios. :smickey: