PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours

Disney Yankee
02-24-2008, 09:35 PM
I have never been on Star Tours. I need to know if it is fun.:darth:

Speedy1998
02-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Depends on what kind of rides you can handle. I think it is a blast, DW gets:sick:.

It is a motion simulator ride, and causes alot of people to get motion sickness.

tjstrike
02-25-2008, 04:57 AM
It's o.k, not nothing scary, just real jerky.

Kairi_7378
02-25-2008, 07:38 AM
It is a little dated but still cute and fun. We have to ride at least once per trip.

Walt Lucas
02-25-2008, 08:00 AM
it's a modern classic. sort of like Star Wars itself. It's much more family friendly than M:s, but still a thrill to ride. Definatly do if you're a Star Wars fan

DDuck66
02-25-2008, 09:05 AM
it's a modern classic. sort of like Star Wars itself. It's much more family friendly than M:s, but still a thrill to ride. Definatly do if you're a Star Wars fan

Ditto!!! If you are a fan of Star Wars (like me), then it is a must. It is a little dated (think Original Star Wars Episode IV), but still well worth doing.

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes, i agree its fun, slightly dated, but actually the complex is vry well done, better than the ride actually- an At-At right outside- plus the sounds etc-
if you are lucky a stormtrooper will be walking around too-
Totaly worth going to-

it is slightly jerky in motion, but my kids have been going since they were 5 and tall enough. they love it.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Its good fun its my 4yr olds favorite ride.

GrmGrninGost
02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
It's a very fun ride, unless you are prone to motion sickness. Over the last few years, I have gotten to the point I can no longer ride it. :( My DKs still enjoy it very much and always ride it once or twice each trip.

Seasonscraps
02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I think it's fun. It's a ride simulator so you get jostled around quite a bit but I think it's pretty cool!

Gooftroop5
02-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I think its fun buts its more a nostalgia thing for me. It's a little out dated but it brings back memories. I remember going to see the original Star Wars at the drive in and it was also one of the rides I rode at DLR before I rode it at WDW.

Its a simulator so my dh doesn't ride it. They make him come off a little green. It has to do with his eyes not adjusting right. Taking off his glasses made it worse.

Well worth riding once. If you don't like it you'll know and never have to waste another minute thinking about it. If you like it its another ride to add to your favs.

linedropper
02-25-2008, 07:50 PM
I am a big Star Wars fan and I was let down big time! Wish they would have integrated some more Star wars characters into the ride! The dude driving us reminded me of the short circuit robot! But a good ride overall, just a Star Wars let down!

Steve:mickey:

Dakota Rose
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of short, so in the back row my feet don't touch the ground so it makes it more fun. :)

snerd475
02-26-2008, 05:12 PM
It made me queasy. :sick: My 9 yr old dd loved it, but I couldn't wait for it to be over. I don't mind real rides, but the simulators are too much for me.

If those things don't bother you, it's worth a try, but be forewarned! :sick::sick::sick:

Walt Lucas
02-26-2008, 05:37 PM
i would suggest riding in the center of the Starspeeder the first time. it's a smoother ride than sitting in the front or the back (back being more bouncy)

Darin M
02-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Star Tours is one great attraction. I loved it as a kid, and I still enjoy yelling at R2D2 and C3PO as we zip straight to the front of the ride, as there is never a line whenever I go.
Now one thing you must know before entering is that this ride is old and based off of the original 3 films. All of the videos they use for this attraction are outdated, however just becoming a part of the Star Wars Universe is enough to make this ride exciting, enjoyable, and re-ridable.
I'm a huge fan of everything Star Wars and this ride really brings out the little kid in me, everytime I visit.
I would love to see another version of this ride based off of the new trilogy. I think that would be interesting. In my eyes, Disney should expand their Star Wars attraction at MGM, and maybe create more land for it, sort of like how the other parks are creating a Harry Potter park addition. Star Wars is bankable.

Walt Lucas
02-27-2008, 09:11 PM
In my eyes, Disney should expand their Star Wars attraction at MGM, and maybe create more land for it, sort of like how the other parks are creating a Harry Potter park addition. Star Wars is bankable.

Oh, how i would love to see that! especially since the animated film will be out soon