PDA

View Full Version : How Do You "Save the Magic"?

DreamFinder2
02-24-2008, 06:04 PM
So, we all love making our reservations, carefully planning out our ADRs, and coming up with those fool-proof park visiting plans for every day of our trip.

Then, the trip finally arrives and we're in heaven for a week (or more if you're lucky). Attractions are visited, meals are eaten and pools are splashed in.

But, finally, you have to go home. How do you Save the Magic? Pictures are good and souvenirs are fun to look at...but, what else do you do? Any ideas?

How do you keep those fond memories of WDW close once you return home???

DisneyorBust
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
This poll wasn't as easy as it first looked! I finally went with "talking/reminiscing". We, as a family love to return to the "World" while looking at the pictures, but we seem to talk about past trips more.

Young@Heart
02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
We do all of those! :mickey:
But I think my favorite by far is scrapbooking. When we first return home, I'm so happy to be back (1 1/2 days of driving!). Then I get very sad that it's all over, and pretty much stay away from our WDW stuff for a week or so. :(

After coming back down to "earth", I get all our photos together and start planning our new scrapbook. I usually buy stickers and paper and things throughout the year, and always pick up a few items at Wonderful World of Memories in DTD. It's so much fun to organize all the pictures and create something beautiful to hold all those memories. :cloud9:

poohbearlover15
02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I love displaying all my souvenirs! Everyday I can look at them and think about disney!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I picked pictures, because the pictures lead to us talking about the past trips. :)

Funforall
02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Pictures seem to get stuck somewhere in my computer (before the computer they stayed in little canisters).

I love to get something WDW to put in my office.

biodtl
02-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I look at my photos a lot, but I am not much of a scrapbooker/organizer.

So for me, it's talking about it. And talking and talking and talking until everyone around me is sick to death of WDWspeak. Thank goodness for intercot!

GrmGrninGost
02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
We do all the above plus anything else we can think of to remind us of Disney! We listen to Disney music, watch Disney movies and visit websites that show rides, old and new! :mickey:

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
My kids and i discuss numerous parts of the park etc- we always have alot of fun bringing back memories- or else we quiz each other on stuff-

Mickey91
02-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Well, I voted photographs. But, it was really all of the above. We talk about Disney on a regular basis. We have an entire bookshelf dedicated to Disney items and there usually isn't a day that goes by that one of us isn't wearing a Disney themed t-shirt. We also have scrapbooks from almost every year we have gone to WDW. So, I guess we keep the magic alive in a plethora of ways until we get to go back!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-25-2008, 12:50 PM
I voted for most of 'em, but I'll bet anyone in our family will tell you it's me CONSTANTLY talking about Disney......!!

dolphinmickey9170
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
We talk and look at pictures.

Tink#64
02-25-2008, 11:22 PM
I voted for pictures because we take a ton of pix while at WDW & they are displayed in almost every room of our house! But I wish there had been an option of "All of the above", because that would have fit us perfectly! :mickey:

I wonder - do I think about Disney too much! :confused: