PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you pick?

julyjewel
02-24-2008, 05:44 PM
If you could choose between CRT or Askerhaus, which one would it be? My kids said they would like to do breakfast at Askerhaus. How is character interaction? Food? I've heard more +'s about Askerhaus than CRT. I Snow White is at both. Is Cinderella and Belle there too? Any input would be great! Thanks.

comicguy
02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
We had dinner at Akershus last Aug. The meal was great and the character interaction was terrific. We saw Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle. All of them came to the table at least once and posed for as many pictures as we wanted.

Young@Heart
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
When are you planning on going? We're going in Aug. and just made ADR's for Akershus. I know in April, the character meals are changing and will include a photo package similar to the one at CRT.

We did CRT, and enjoyed it, but wanted to try something different this time. We got lucky w/ the new change, since we're on the dining plan, and will now get a package similar to CRT, but will only have to use one TS credit/person instead of 2!

From what I've read, the character interaction at Akershus is great. I know the characters are subject to change on any given day, but since my DD loves all the princesses, I don't think that'll be a big deal.:thumbsup:

Natazu
02-24-2008, 06:46 PM
I think it really comes down to whether or not you want to dine at The Castle, oh, and be guaranteed to see Cindy. There certainly isn't a spectacular enough difference in service or food to account for the huge difference in price (or credits). It's mostly atmosphere.

julyjewel
02-24-2008, 07:10 PM
We are planning on going in mid June. I wonder who will be in the photo package since Cindy is at the at CRT?

tink179
02-24-2008, 07:54 PM
My family and I did CRT for breakfast this past January. It was soooo good! Especially the cheese danish! We have decided that this will be a must do for every trip now. my 2ds's and dd really enjoyed it! Being able to eat inside the castle was a nice treat as well. I have never eaten at at the other one. Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

fairies*n*fireflies
02-24-2008, 11:30 PM
We have done the Princess Breakfast at Akerhaus and loved it. The food was family style (eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits, fruit etc.) and the princess interaction was great. The main photo taken was with Aurora in the alcove, but we probably saw at least 5 princesses. They are subject to change so you never know who you will get. We had Mary Poppins in her white dress as one and she was so in character it was hilarious. She got my oldest sons into the act as well and was bossing them around too! They were sooo embarrassed, hehehe.

julyjewel
02-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Please keep adding your comments!

GrmGrninGost
02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
There is no doubt in my mind everyone who is a WDW fan should go to CRT at least once! The atmosphere is tremendous! The price has gotten a bit out of hand the last few years, but hey, it is Cinderella's Castle! :princess:

tjstrike
02-26-2008, 03:35 AM
If your going to do Akerhaus, do breakfast because the food for dinner is anything but desireable.

Disneyatic
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
We have done both and DD8 prefers Akershaus. Eating in the castle was a really cool experience and I agree that everyone should try it at least once. You definitely pay for that atmosphere though!
Besides the castle atmosphere, the characters and food are very similar.
Our last trip to Akershaus we saw Belle (in the foyer, that is the picture pkg) and during our meal we saw Mary Poppins, Aurora, Snow White and Mulan. DD was very excited to see Mulan! We have always had great interaction with the characters here, they take time to talk to the kids, take pics and sign autographs.