PDA

View Full Version : pictures at theme parks

Disneymom65
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
It will just be my DS and I going this year for the first time. Everyother year, when we saw a good spot for a picture, someone else in our group would take it. But with it only being the two of us, I guess we would have to ask someone. Has anyone ever done this and are people usually nice about taking your picture for you?

Altair
02-24-2008, 03:26 PM
The Disney photographers will be happy to take your photo using your camera. I've also taken photos for others. I don't think most people mind.:mickey:
Someone with a camera already is your best bet.

McGoofy
02-24-2008, 04:18 PM
As already said, Photopass photographers never seem to mind to take a photo on your personal camera as long as you don't mind standing there for the 5 or 6 poses they may want you to do for their professional camera. :mickey: We usally ask them, "Do you mind taking one on our camera as well?" I have only had one out of many, many CM's tell me "no." And to be honest, that really surprised me when he said no. On the flip side, I had another CM tell me, "Of course I'll take one on your camera. We're not that cheap!":D If a CM is not around or you do not want to take the time to pose for Photopass photos, another approach you can use is this: Go up to a family, couple, group, etc...that looks like they may want a photo taken then say, "I'll trade favors with you!" and offer to take thier picture for taking yours. Most Disney guests are very friendly and willing to help. My DH and I have both just offered to take somebody's picture when we've been walking by and it looks like somebody is being left out. I am usually the one taking our photos, so I often get left out. I've gotten to where I am not shy to ask strangers to take photos because I was tired of our family looking like the mom never went to WDW when we looked at all of our photos! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I always ask people if they want me to take the picture for them so they can all be in it and not just at WDW either.

jkj1224
02-24-2008, 09:25 PM
most of the time people are great about taking your photo for you...and don't forget you can always ask a CM :D

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm sure any CM would be happy to take your pic, and if one is not readily available, I don't see why someone of "us" could help you out !!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
You don't have to ask a CM. Most people, really all we've encountered, are very pleasant about it. Just use common sense and ask someone who looks like they might be receptive (i.e. not rattled by the kids, not in a hurry, not looking harried). Interestingly, my DW gets asked a dozen times a day for some reason and always does it gladly.:mickey:

Funforall
02-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Most times it's just me and my boys and I've actually had several people volunteer to take pictures for us. I think you would have to look pretty hard to find someone that wouldn't help.

Von-Drake
02-25-2008, 08:45 AM
We have asked other park guests to take our picture with no problem. Most seem happy to do so, and I know I have taken other people's pictures with their cameras for them. Just seems like a nice thing to do.

WriteDisney
02-25-2008, 02:31 PM
As already said, Photopass photographers never seem to mind to take a photo on your personal camera as long as you don't mind standing there for the 5 or 6 poses they may want you to do for their professional camera. :mickey: We usally ask them, "Do you mind taking one on our camera as well?" I have only had one out of many, many CM's tell me "no." And to be honest, that really surprised me when he said no. On the flip side, I had another CM tell me, "Of course I'll take one on your camera. We're not that cheap!":D If a CM is not around or you do not want to take the time to pose for Photopass photos, another approach you can use is this: Go up to a family, couple, group, etc...that looks like they may want a photo taken then say, "I'll trade favors with you!" and offer to take thier picture for taking yours. Most Disney guests are very friendly and willing to help. My DH and I have both just offered to take somebody's picture when we've been walking by and it looks like somebody is being left out. I am usually the one taking our photos, so I often get left out. I've gotten to where I am not shy to ask strangers to take photos because I was tired of our family looking like the mom never went to WDW when we looked at all of our photos! :mickey:

Exactly! I was there last february with my DBF and I was worried about having to ask people to take pictures, it was never a problem! The photopass people are usually willing to take pictures (we took about 120 pics with the photo pass people and they ALWAYS took one with my camera too!). And they take fanastic pictures (its their job I know.. but they are great!).

And a couple times when my DBF was taking pictures of me, people would come up to him and ask if he'd like to be in the picture too! A few times I asked people to take our picture and they were very nice about it. Never had a problem, hope that helps!

RoosMomKanga
02-25-2008, 02:35 PM
With just the two of us, we also always asked the photopass photographers to take one with ours. I also found that if I offered to take one for someone else, that it was easier for me to ask them to reciprocate then.:mickey:

Roger Rabbit 89
02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I took probably 20 photos of families at different parks. I would either offer, or they would ask.

For the most part, I don't think people really mind if you ask. I always tell my wife,"See, someone likes my picture taking." Her usual reaction is :ack:.

Michael

Gooftroop5
02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Never a problem. At least that I ever had. A couple of the meals CMs offered without us asking to take a group shot and also when dh and I were taking pictures other places had nice people come up and offer to take a picture of the the whole family. They didn't run off with our camera either.
:bolt: