PDA

View Full Version : Off property dining suggestions

PhilHarHarMagic
02-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Anyone have suggestions for off-property dining? Once or twice on our stay, we'll take a break mid-afternoon for a rest and stop somewhere for a bite before heading back to the parks. While we love the Disney dining experience, it's nice to get something a little different.

We've been to the normal Uno's, Friday's, Macaroni Grill, Chili's and some Bahama-themed restaurant on the freeway next to the park.

20 more days until MK!

mudpuppysmom
02-24-2008, 12:14 PM
We always like Dixie Crossroads......we used to drive up to Titusville to go, but now there is one on I Drive so it's much more accessible! You can check them out on the web by doing a simple google search.

wdw538884
02-24-2008, 01:50 PM
I believe that Dixie Crossroads has closed up shop and left town. understand they sold the land and will not be opening another one in orlando area.

DisneyDudet
02-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Since you've done Unos and such like that, there's a Bennigan's just under the Highway, plus a Golden Corral, for your buffet types. If you head down the other way, there's an Olive Garden as well.

We usually do some fast food choices just to hurry it up, like that Taco Bell, Chick Fil A, or something.

We like to do Uno's. You can always try that Chevy's that's in the same shopping center, but I haven't eaten there, personally.

I don't know what you're wanting, whether its a price change or just non-hamburger type stuff, but our favorite place is actually at DTD in the Marketplace, Earl of Sandwich. Its not park food at all!

Other than that, the choices that you listed and that I mentioned are pretty much all you'll have near the area. If you want to head down closer to Universal or Sea World, there's more options, but I imagine they will be about the same.

PhilHarHarMagic
02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
It's more of a change of pace - you reminded me of the Outback that isn't too far away - we don't have one of those nearby, so that is an option, as well!

Thanks!

jkj1224
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Chevy's is good at crossroads if you like mexican...or if you're a seafood crowd we like Joe's crab shack

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
We like Cafe Tu Tu Tango. They have good food.

mudpuppysmom
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
I believe that Dixie Crossroads has closed up shop and left town. understand they sold the land and will not be opening another one in orlando area.

DH thought he had heard my cousins saying this but when I asked him specifically he said no they were not closed, so if anyone can confirm this please do so......my sister will be crushed when we go in December if she can't get her fix of rock shrimp!!

DDuck66
02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
If you head out 192 West there is a newer Houlihan's Restaurant. It has always been a step up from the normal fern bar and we really like it. A lot of times we stop there the night before we check into Disney.

Magic Smiles
02-25-2008, 12:17 PM
We always enjoy a meal at Margaritaville at Universal. You do not have to pay for park admission to dine.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-25-2008, 05:02 PM
We always enjoy a meal at Margaritaville at Universal. You do not have to pay for park admission to dine.

I forgot they have one there. I'm going to have to add it to go on my next trip.

Taja
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
There's a Perkins at The Crossroads.

Nothing fancy, but good food.

NJ Camper
02-25-2008, 05:20 PM
there also is a red lobster by the uno there is lots of options in that area ihop etc. what is dixie cross roads i know dixie stampeed closed oh yeah there is several pizza places in the area also dominoes and pizza hut will deliver also they only go to front gate at FW I guess only front desk at other resorts so you probably will need to go wait for it but its a thought good luck and enjoy the magic :mickey:

Piglet822
02-25-2008, 07:40 PM

You're thinking of Dixie Stampede.
Dixie Crossroads is something else - a very popular restaurant on the east coast they now have a location on the north end of International Drive in the Festival Bay shopping center.

TFrauts
02-26-2008, 01:10 AM
I was going to say the GOlden Corral, but someone beat me to it! It is a huge buffet, with TONS of great options!!

tjstrike
02-26-2008, 03:42 AM
There's a nascar cafe in universal if you're into that type of stuff, also.:car: And a Hardrock cafe.

tinkerbell04
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM

You don't have to pay admission, but you do have to pay to park. I think it is about 10 dollars to do so.:mickey:
We really like Chevy's for off site dining, I think that we like it there because we don't have one here. There are alot of national chain restaurants in the Crossroads area.

teambricker04
02-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I haven't been to the one in Orlando, but I recently ate with DH at Texas de Brazil and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD. It was expensive, but we don't eat out like that often. I would say it was worth it.

Part of it is buffet with sushi, veggies, pasta, & more. Then they have gauchos that come around with grilled meats and slice it off right on to your plate. Fun atmosphere with lots of nummy food. You can also eat a vegetarian meal too of just the buffet.

It is on International Dr.

mudpuppysmom
02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
You're thinking of Dixie Stampede.
Dixie Crossroads is something else - a very popular restaurant on the east coast they now have a location on the north end of International Drive in the Festival Bay shopping center.

Thanks for the clarification Jeanne!! You just made my sister VERY happy!!! She has been waiting for three years to visit them again!!