PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon

Tink&Goofy
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Has anyone eaten at Whispering Canyon at WL lately? I used to read posts about what a fun place this was, with good food. But I haven't heard anything lately. Is it still the same?
We have never eaten there, but thought it would be fun, and the menu looks decent. We have also not been to the WL, and thought it would be a great opportunity to check it out.

Any recent feedback?

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 01:01 AM
I don't know if September is recent enough, but we had a good time. Hubby loved the bottomless milkshakes, and my oldest son kept begging us to say that it was our anniversary. (Strange to me 'cause he is usually quite grossed out when we kiss).
Unfortunately no one was that hungry, as we'd had an unexpectedly late lunch due to youngest son being ill early in the day. What we ate was very tasty. And did I mention those bottomless shakes...?

Donald
02-24-2008, 08:20 AM
As of December they were still up to all of their crazy ways: stick horse races, large forks, embarrassing people who are talking on the phone...

The food was delicious. I had the skillet-definately worth the money. The cornbread was delish!!!

WL is a beautiful resort-we were lucky enough to stay there at our last vacation. I loved the location and all of it's beautiful surroundings!

Have a great vacation!:mickey:

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Can you get the skillet on the ddp?

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes you can get the skillet on the plan.

WL is a beautiful place and the dinner is very fun, if you make sure your server wants to play. We had an OK time, however we weren't aware, at the time, you had to make sure your server was in a playful mood....we didn't and she wasn't....

I had the skillet and it had some items that were pretty good, but overall, and in hindsight, I should've ordered something else.......sorry for the somewhat negative reply.....:mickey:

Briansmom
02-24-2008, 09:50 AM
We had an OK time, however we weren't aware, at the time, you had to make sure your server was in a playful mood....we didn't and she wasn't....
:

OK, so what you are saying is that when our server first comes to our table, we need to ask if they are in a playful mood? And if they're not, and we are, then what do you do? We are going for the first time in May and we want to experience the fun that I've seen reported on Intercot. We wanna be playful!:silly:

ltam16
02-24-2008, 11:29 AM
We had a great time in August. My kids thought it was very fun. Loved asking for ketchup and the stick race. The waitstaff is a riot. Food was good too! I had the skillet on the ddp. I liked it and would get it again. My kids ask to go back! They like the lincoln logs while we waited and we all enjoyed seeing WL. It is really beautiful!

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 02:01 PM
OK, so what you are saying is that when our server first comes to our table, we need to ask if they are in a playful mood? And if they're not, and we are, then what do you do? We are going for the first time in May and we want to experience the fun that I've seen reported on Intercot. We wanna be playful!:silly:

When you show up to check in ask THEN !! That way they will pair you up with a "winner" not a dud!!!!!!!!! I hope this helps......:mickey:

laward32
02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
We ate there in Oct and loved it!! My dad loves to pick on people and the waitress we got just picked right back. It was awesome. They had stick horse races for the birthdays and lots of other fun stuff. It's worth it to me.:mickey:

CaptSmee
02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Still the same...loud, raucous, lively, fun!:number1:

wdw_bound
02-24-2008, 07:05 PM
It's on our must-do list every trip. We went in December and loved it as always, although our waitress was not as "playful" as those we have had previously, she was still good. DD and I had the skillet and DH had the chicken. Our only recent disappointment is that they've replaced the sausage with shrimp on the skillet.

Food is really good, and the stick pony races and ketchup games are really fun.

Enjoy!

Disney Yankee
02-24-2008, 09:30 PM
I have been to the Whispering Canyon. The food is very nice. It is loud, but fun.:joy:
I think you should go there.

ilovemyjj31
02-25-2008, 09:24 AM
My family ate there in Dec...it was a fun our waiter we had wasn''t as interactive as the few others..but the kids enjoyed it..we seen people get like gallon glasses of soda..you gotta ask for pepsi, they have a funny rule about the "p" word..lol!!!! PLus if ya clean your plate, lick it clean and ya get a hand clap from the whole room!!! It was fun!! Ask for a bigger straw!!!:thumbsup:

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Food is very good- BUT the atmosphere is the BEST!!!!
the waiters are good but rude on purpose-

Remember to order extra ketchup !