PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoons in WDW

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Not sure where to post this ...

To those of you who have honeymooned at WDW -- were you given anything or treated special by the resort or castmembers because you mentioned that it was your honeymoon? I've heard of newlywed guests receiving almost everything, from Mickey ears to room upgrades.

Strmchsr
02-23-2008, 07:23 PM
We received congratulations from several folks, but nothing else, which is fine. We don't go expecting anything. Sometimes stuff happens, but if you don't expect it then you're not disappointed and if something does happen it's all the more magical.

SBETigg
02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
We honeymooned before they had the newlywed mouse ears or buttons (that we knew of-- 1990), but we chose the Grand Floridian and they definitely treated us very nicely. We paid for a lagoon view room, not concierge, but we did have nightly turn down service and often came back to find treats in our room-- bottle of champagne, tuxedo-dressed chocolate covered strawberries, little notes. It was very sweet and we loved it.

We didn't get anything special in the parks or at dinners, just in the room. I couldn't have asked for a more amazing honeymoon and the GF remains our favorite resort today. We went back last year for our seventeenth anniversary and had a room upgrade to an extraordinary view, complimentary champagne, a rose, and a card from Cinderella and Prince Charming. It was another magical time for us, and no doubt we'll return. Like Chris above, we didn't expect anything and the extras were nice, but it would have been an amazing time no matter what.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2008, 09:24 PM
We had a wonderful honeymoon at Disney!

We got tons of congrats from other park visitors and CM's alike, but what really stands out for us was when the Voices of Liberty sang to us in the American pavillion, and when the "Beatles" made us get up and dance in the UK.

Oh! We also got free dole-whips! All in all though, we had great fun wearing :bride: and :groom: ears, and had an awesome honeymoon.

ibrowse17
02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
The only thing we got that was different than mentioned by the above posters was dessert at a couple of places. We also got a certificate at the CP.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-24-2008, 09:57 AM
We had our honeymoon in WDW back in 1996.

Our travel agent had mentioned that it would be our honeymoon, we later found out.

We stayed at CBR and had a card signed from Mickey and Minnie with some balloons when we arrived in our room.

We also had them back in September when we stayed at SSR. The CM noticed our pins, told us Congratulations and the card and balloons arrived in our Villa shortly after that. :mickey:

We get the pins to wear in the parks. We always get tons of well wishes which is nice. Not bride and groom ears for us though. DH would never wear them..lol.

kakn7294
02-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Our honeymoon was nearly 15 years ago at CBR. We received a car upgrade from our rental company, a Congrats card from Mickey and Minnie upon check-in, little light-up heart pins to wear at Hoop-dee-doo, shell leis instead of the flower ones at the Luau, a small cake at the Luau, and an upgrade to first class on our flight home (although that had more to do with the fact that our flight was canceled and the airline didn't notify us than it did with it being our honeymoon - they didn't want to pay to keep us in Orlando one more night). They were all great little touches but we would have enjoyed it just as much without any of them.

January-2007
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
When we honeymooned in WDW we got a card from Mickey and Minnie when we checked into our resort, a free souvinEar mug at MGM, and free champagne at the Grand Floridian Cafe. DH wore the "Just Married" button everywhere and I had it noted on all our reservations.

Belle619
02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, we went to Disneyland for our honeymoon back in October, so I'm not sure if this will hold true for WDW - but yes! We were upgraded from a standard view room (the cheapest room) at the Grand Californian to a park view room (one of the most expensive!)

When I called to book the trip, I did mention it was our honeymoon, but I honestly wasn't expecting to gain anything from it - I was really chatty because I was so excited!

Upon check-in, we were given our "just married" buttons, which we had forgotten to take off for dinner. But, when the waiter saw them, he gave us a complementary bottle of champagne!

Then we when came back to our room after dinner, we found that mousekeeping had decorated the whole place! They had ballons, rose petals on the bed, used our bride/groom mouse ears as props, and had "autographed" pictures from Mickey and Minnie wishing us well! It was such a great surprise! :mickey:

pixiegoose
02-26-2008, 03:35 PM
DH and I went in July 2006 for our honeymoon and got lots of upgrades and attention! We were upgraded from a king room at CSR to a suite that was almost bigger than our apartment at home, we got balloons and a card from Mickey and Minnie, we got free champaigne, we got a personalized menu at Coral Reef, we got free champaigne flutes at CRT, and we had lots of people, cm's and guests alike, congratulate us. We wore the pins and I wore my ears most of the time (DH only wore his at night, when it was cooler). We had a blast and that trip converted him to Disneyism! :mickey:

I made sure to tell everyone I spoke to while making reservations that it was our honeymoon, so I'm sure that played a role. Definitely get the pins and ears and enjoy everything!