PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Vine

2Princesses4Us
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM
We have DD6, DD3,and DS1 going in September. How have you liked Hollywood and Vine? This is Playhouse Disney characters, yes? Do they circulate pretty well?
Is the food served or is it a buffet?

any stories would be appreciated!
THANK YOU
:mickey:

onjbj
02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
We were there in Sept 07 and it was very entertaining for our twins who were 2 1/2 at the time. There were kids of all ages there. The breakfast is a buffett with traditional breakfast fare. The characters were very interactive, coming around to all the tables and dancing with all the kids in the center of the restaurant in between their table rotation. The characters then were JoJo, Goliath, June, and Leo from Little Einsteins. The kids will have a good time- so will you watching them!

Jared
02-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I haven't been to Hollywood & Vine since it became a character meal again, but my family was pleasantly surprised with the buffet when we dined there as part of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package a few years ago. It's nothing special, obviously, but the food was actually pretty good. If we needed a meal in a pinch, we'd probably return.

tadshome
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM
We loved it :mickey3: The characters were JoJo, Goliath, June, Leo and one other (can't remember the name, sorry!)

scootch713
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
My girls loved it. It is a buffet, food is fairly good... characters are spread out.. there are two on each side, they moved around fairly well for us. They switch sides, so you get pics with all of them.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-23-2008, 11:37 PM
We ate there last September. It was cute, the buffet food was just that buffet food, nothing special or out of the ordinary. We got seated at a corner table and the characters did not come see us. My son had to go to them. Where we were seated they could not fit with their costumes, the tables were crammed together and it was crowded. After while he lost interest since he was hungry and wanted to eat instead of squeezing through crowds which of course someone had to go with him. If your children are really interested in seeing the characters and you want to actually eat something when you check in ask for a table out in the open not the the back. There are 2 sides of the restaurant, when you walk in the door I think the best seats are to the dining room to the right or if you go left the seats in front of the buffet, any others and your little ones will be running. Hope that helps, enjoy!

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:02 AM
I haven't been to Hollywood & Vine since it became a character meal again, but my family was pleasantly surprised with the buffet when we dined there as part of the Fantasmic! Dinner Package a few years ago. It's nothing special, obviously, but the food was actually pretty good. If we needed a meal in a pinch, we'd probably return.

We were also pleasantly surprised with the Fantasmic dinner package. There was a pasta dish which I particularly enjoyed.
The characters are only there for breakfast right? We certainly didn't see any last September for the dinner package.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-24-2008, 01:49 AM
We haven't participated in the Character Meal at Hollywood n Vine, but it was one of the best buffets that we have ever been to. If you can't find something you like there to eat, then you are too picky.

carrie6466
02-24-2008, 08:48 AM
We were there last June with DD4 and niece 18 mos. This was some of the best character interaction we had anywhere. The girls absolutely loved that they could get up and dance and play with the characters. We went for lunch and the food was good. Carrie