PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Pearl 8130

princessjojo
02-23-2008, 03:37 PM
So I am one of those who is always on the lookout for a new cell phone. Right now I have a Motorola Krzr. It's ok, but I liked my Razr better. But it works well. Anyways, I am looking now at the new BlackBerry Pearl. I am kinda locked to my plan, Altell, not because of contract, but because it is one of the larger carriers in our area and with their "My Circle" plan, and the free Alltell to Alltel calls we are charged for almost no usage minutes. Almost everyone we know has Alltel.

Back to topic, what is everyone's opinion on this phone, or does anyone have any better suggestion for me. I can wait longer to get a new one, but I am just so impatient.

Thanks ahead for any info or suggestions you may have.

conorsmom2000
02-24-2008, 04:32 PM
Amy, have you done a google on the phone to look at reviews for it? There are lots of sites, like phonescoop and a few others that do really good reviews for all phones out there. I was in the market for a new phone in December and was looking a few of them, the Blackberry Pearl being one of them. I ended up going with the Samsung Blackjack II - to be honest, I don't remember at this point why I went with that over the Pearl, but I think part of it was the keyboard layout. But, if you haven't already, I'd definitely do some research - it always helps me when I'm making up my mind! :thumbsup:

Emily
02-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I have one and I like it. My service is with T-Mobile, has been for quite awhile now. No major complaints. The BlackBerry is a little quirky now and again, but overall it's worked out well. I had another BlackBerry previous to this one (can't remember the exact model) but it was bigger and bulkier, and I had a Sidekick before that (even bigger). I like the size of the Pearl, it's nice and small. The keyboard is a little odd, but I got used to it soon enough. All in all it does the job! :thumbsup:

ETA: Actually I guess I have the 8100, not exactly the same. But I think they're pretty similar.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I've had friends that have had them and Palms. I've heard better things about Palms. Most that have had BlackBerry had complaints.