PDA

View Full Version : Resort Hopping?

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 02:07 PM
My fiance and I have decided to spend at least part of our honeymoon at WDW. We are aiming for at least 10 days, but of course two full weeks would be even better if we can manage to swing it. ;) The resorts that we've been considering are the Poly, the Contemporary, CSR, CBR, and AKL.

Having been to WDW many times, my focus is to experience things that I normally don't have time for, such as the resorts and, in general, the wonderful Disney-provided sights that are often missed in the to-and-fro rush. The AKL is a definite for us, but we would also like to stay at one or two of the others as well.

And so, to all the resort-hoppers out there -- how has your hopping experience been? Was it time-consuming? Confusing? Or simply wonderful? My fear is wasting time in making the transition from one resort to another, but I'd like the experience of different resorts. All opinions and advice welcome and appreciated!

PetefromRI
02-23-2008, 02:47 PM
We've resort hopped once and would do it again.Personally we would only hop 2 times per trip because it usually takes me 4 days or so to really feel relaxed at a new resort.Not to say I don't relax the minute that I get off the plane but I like the feeling of really feeling like home at the resort.The process is easy,just drop your luggage off at the luggage station and tell them your going to another resort and they'll deliver it to that resort later that day.The only lost time is getting to that other resort.As far as another choice goes,it would have to be the Poly if money's no issue .Just make sure you stay at the Poly last or else you'll be comparing the AKL to it the rest of your stay wishing you'd have just stayed at the Poly!

TammiMcMan
02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I think 10 days is more than enough time to experience two different resorts. Transfer is really the easy part and with Disney moving your luggage, it can be pretty seamless. The hardest part may be packing up, but that all depends on how comfortable and spread out you get at each resort.

Based on the fact that it's just you and your fiance, I may lean towards CBR as the better option over CSR. It's one resort where you can actually book a king bedroom.

If money were no object,then staying at 2 deluxes is wonderful. A theme park view from the Contemporary is beautiful and you're steps from the park. On the other side of the coin, you can't beat the Poly grounds. If you plan on enjoying the resort more, then I'd go with the Poly.

Choosing a mod or deluxe as your second resort will probably depend on your budget as well. You mentioned possibly staying AKL concierge level on another thread. If you have a set budget, then combining a mod with concierge level might help keep you within your spending limit.

mouse-logic
02-23-2008, 04:37 PM
As a DVC member, we sometimes make last minute trips.....and as a result, we sometime can't get rooms where we want. And, then we are "forced" to resort hop to a new place. I have come to loath resort hopping. Yes, they try to make it seamless and easy...and they really do do a decent job, but I really don't like spending even 1 hour of my vacation, packing, unpacking, toting, loading, calling for bell service, etc. And if you want to head back to your resort for a rest during the middle of the day...you're out of luck--you generally can't get in until 4 pm. You are in effect gipped out of a room for at least 5 hours.

I've had the good fortune to get to stay at a number of great WDW & DVC resorts....I enjoyed them all (for the most part). But I prefer to try them one trip at a time.

wdw538884
02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Strongly recommend hopping. i do it anytime i go for more that 6 days and do 3 days at 2 different resorts. I never found it difficult and just make sure that I prep clothes the night before. I always take my own clothes, even if i have to drop at concierge at new resort. That way, clothes are available when I am, and i avoid having to wait for them to be sent over on Disneys schedule.

Try it! And have a great honeymoon.:number1:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Between CS and CB....I'd definitely go with CS. My husband and I love the resort and the bus transportation is short - almost never wait more than 10 mins. CB is the worst resort I've ever stayed at on Disney property.