PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, is CRT worth it????

mrshams
02-23-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to make up my list of ADRs for my family's trip in October. I've got the ones that I really want, now I'm trying to decide if we should waste 2 TS credits on CRT. We're going with DD9 and DD4, we've done the Princess Storybook breakfast the last trip (11/06) and all thought it was great, so we've booked it again. So I basically need to know is eating in the castle worth it? We will have seen the princesses already. The logical side of my brain says you're better off with two TS meals vs. the one at CRT, but I don't want my DDs to miss out on anything.

BuzzLiteYear
02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
How into the princesses are your DD's? We did lunch there last year, and I had a hard time justifying it. The picture I took of my DD4 as she hugged Cinderella was worth every penny. That being said, I booked breakfast for our next vacation.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2008, 02:44 PM
This is a harder one than it seems on the surface. For the simple cost vs value, then no CRT isn't worth it.

However, I have a DD who is still princess crazy, and to her going to the castle is just the BEST thing we could ever do for her. So, for us, it is worth every penny!

LilBugsMa
02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Depends on how into being in the castle the kids are....

We took DD at 3 - and was disappointed - it wasn't terribly packed (early dinner), but character interaction was horrible. No one in our party was impressed with the food or service.

DD wanted to meet the Fairy Godmother, but, she doesn't meet individually, just does a little show.

I think the EPCOT princess breakfast is much, much better.

If DD wanted to go back, we would probably try a breakfast.

laughingplace<3
02-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I went for a breakfast and thought the service was really good, actually. It was very pretty, but I thought there wasn't anything distinct about being in the castle, besides seeing some rides out the window.

My personal opinion- the service was great and so were the character interactions. It was not crowded at all. However, if your DD isn't bugging you to go, don't. You're already seeing the princesses. The main two reasons why people waste their credits at CRT is to see the princesses or because the kids want to eat in the castle. If she isn't bugging you, you're already seeing the princesses, so I'd skip it.

kakn7294
02-23-2008, 04:03 PM
For the food, no it's not worth it. For the atmosphere of eating in the Castle just once in your life, it's definately worth it for some people (like me :thumbsup:). We've done it twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner and now I'm satisfied for quite some time.

joanna71985
02-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I think it's worth it. I have eaten there 4 times (breakfast once, lunch 3 times), and will be having lunch there again in July. I love it!

scootch713
02-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I worked and worked and fussed and cried when I did not get it... and celebrated when I did......

but we did not really have a great time. I don't like Cinderella in the lobby.. I can see her at toontown like that......

my girls and I both like epcot princess breakfast better. we won't even try for CRT again.

fairies*n*fireflies
02-24-2008, 01:57 AM
I have been advised that instead of wasting 2 credits when we go on dinner at CRT that we should make ADR's for dinner at 1900 Park Fare. We were told we could see Cindy, The Fairy Godmother, the Stepsisters and Prince Charming and it would only cost us one credit. We were also advised that you get more interaction at 1900 with the Characters and that the meal was much better there. I think I am going to go this route in December, so my girls can see Cinderella.

kathiep
02-24-2008, 09:43 AM
It depends on what you are looking for.

It sounds like you already have plans that include character interaction. At CRT, you only get to meet with Cinderella downstairs and have your picture taken. FOr my DD 2 1/2, that was more than enough.

The show during the meal is cute - but again no direct interaction. My DD liked this as well.

The food is nothing to write home about.

But, it was worth it for us just to experience being in the castle. DD was thrilled with meeting Cinderella and the picture turned out terrific. DS loved being called prince and getting his sword.

We happened to get a table right next to a window and the view was terrific.

I'm glad we did it once - but am making the ADR plans as I approach our 180 day mark, and we won't need to include this again.

jwallace378
02-24-2008, 09:45 AM
We ate there once. The atmosphere was good, but the food was horrible.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I've had lunch there 4 times and dinner twice. Never had breakfast but I can honestly say I'm a nut about the place. Honestly, I think the food is excellent and I just love the ambiance of being in the castle. Plus the whole dropping the rope to let you into the waiting area while other guests without ADRs come up trying to eat makes you feel a little bit more posh and exclusive, but that's just me.

biodtl
02-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I think it's worth it to do at least once. We did breakfast and loved it. the food was good, our server was excellent and the photo made it extra special. DD loved the interaction (especially Belle and the Fairy Godmother), getting photos and autographs from everyone. And the wand and wish-making were magical to her.

DizneyRox
02-24-2008, 01:08 PM
It's not worth spending two TS credits on. If you insist on gong, pay OOP and use the credits elsewhere. That's a much better deal in my humble opinion.

I'd skip breakfast all together though. I didn't care for the food at all, and the character interaction was sub par. The best breakfast for character interaction has always been Donald's over in Dinoland, but that's gone the way of the dino as well.

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 01:56 PM
For us it's the expectation of the atmosphere, not the actual food.....you can eat just about anywhere and get virtually the same food type and quality......atmosphere has a lot to do with how the meal is preceived and welcomed.:mickey:

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
For us it wasnt worth 2 sit downs.Yeah cinderella was cool and you are in the castle but the food is just so so.