PDA

View Full Version : Character Autographs

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-23-2008, 12:21 PM
A long time ago, about 18 years I took my 3 kids to disney and made up special t-shirts for each of them. when we met characters they signed the t-shirt . I still have them.

Will characters still do this? i am taking my granddaughters in september and would make them a special shirt to have signed, but I don't want to disappoint them if the characters won't do it. I know it is busier now than 15 years ago.

DisneyCrazyET
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I don't see why they can't. I took a bucket hat and the signed it in different colored sharpies. This was last year.

joanna71985
02-23-2008, 01:13 PM
A long time ago, about 18 years I took my 3 kids to disney and made up special t-shirts for each of them. when we met characters they signed the t-shirt . I still have them.

Will characters still do this? i am taking my granddaughters in september and would make them a special shirt to have signed, but I don't want to disappoint them if the characters won't do it. I know it is busier now than 15 years ago.

They sure will! Just a heads-up that the shirt can't be worn. But other then that it is fine.

#1donaldfan
02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
That's a great idea, except the part of trying to keep up with the t-shirt.....always dragging it in and out of the bag.......BUT, it's a very nice idea !!!!!!!!!!!

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
when i did it before they wore the t shirts. put a piece of cardboard under so they could sign. But I like the idea of the hats too!

TexasPrincessAurora
02-23-2008, 03:34 PM
On DS's first trip to DW I took a pillowcase for the characters to sign. I had just made him a Mickey Mouse quilt and wanted this to go with his quilt. I put a piece of cardboard under where the characters signed and had them use sharpies. It has been washed several times and washed with no problems. It's a great keepsake.

Goofeygal
02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I like the pillowcase idea.:mickey::cloud9:

BMan62
02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
when i did it before they wore the t shirts. put a piece of cardboard under so they could sign. But I like the idea of the hats too!

With all the lawsuits for 'inappropriate touching' going around, Disney wants no chances of it happening, so nothing that is being work by the autograph hunter can be signed.

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Like the others said, characters will sign anything, so long as it is not an article of clothing currently being worn. Disney takes no chances for lawsuits due to inappropriate touching. Make the shirts, I'm sure your granddaughters will love them now, and just as much in years to come. Great idea for a personal souvenir!