PDA

View Full Version : Just Sharing My Excitement!!!

RedheadWriter
02-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Not being political at all here just wanted to share that my excitement with my friends here on Intercot at going to see Hillary Clinton tomorrow at a rally in Providence. Mom and I are very happy to have gotten invitations to see her.
Regardless of the election outcome, I feel this is sharing in history!
:)

daparish
02-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Hope you and your mom have a good time tomorrow.

DisneyDudet
02-23-2008, 08:26 PM
That is pretty neat! Hope you have a good time!

Jenemmy
02-23-2008, 08:35 PM
She came to my college campus for a rally back when Bill was running for President. I wasn't a supporter of theirs, but it really was kind of surreal to see her standing there on the steps of the student union making a speech.

It's great that you get to go. Opportunities like that don't happen often! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
I know just how you feel! I still remember seeing Bobby Kennedy at a rally when I was a kid (it was a few months before he was assassinated).

Kairi_7378
02-24-2008, 08:00 AM
That's awesome! Have a great time... and tell us all about it when you get back!

disneydeb
02-24-2008, 08:18 AM
It is awesome to get imvolved in history! Something you can look back to when you talk to your grandchildren about your personal involvement in history.:thumbsup:

Ed
02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I know just how you feel! I still remember seeing Bobby Kennedy at a rally when I was a kid (it was a few months before he was assassinated).

Similarly, I met JFK in a hotel in New York exactly one week before he was assassinated. :(

And in my past career, I had the opportunity to serve on security details for Presidents Carter, Reagan, and GHW Bush. Politics aside, it's always a bit of a thrill to be so close to some of the most powerful people in the world.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Rallies can be pretty exciting! I went to a John Kerry rally in Detroit the day before election day in '04 and let me tell you the intensity and enthusiasm of the crowd was pretty amazing!

RedheadWriter
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
It was the most incredible experience of my life. I shook her hand as she came around to talk to people. I will try to include a link to the pictures when i upload them to photobucket.
She is an amazing speaker. Politics aside, she is very engaging.
It was a great day!:thumbsup:

murphy1
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
That is really a great opportunity. I met Pres. and Mrs. Carter at their church a couple of years ago and took my then 5 yo dd, it was amazing and his sermon (he was preaching) was very powerful. One of my friends got to have her baby photographed with Laura Bush, she is a really beautiful lady in the pics she sent me.

bleukarma
02-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Wow, Rachael that's awesome!!!! I'm happy you got that opportunity!!!!!!!!!!