PDA

View Full Version : Do you think . . .

Cinderelley
02-23-2008, 07:08 AM
With the economy slowing down, do you think Disney will offer more discounts next year?

kakn7294
02-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Not for the American public - the dollar is weak overseas and I hear that a lot of overseas guests are taking advantage and taking Disney vacations. Unless that slacks off as well, I don't think we'll be seeing any more discounts than they already offer. As long as the resorts and parks are full, they don't care who fills them.

lindique
02-23-2008, 06:01 PM
I was just listening to an all-news radio station, who had a report about just that. They said that Disney's stock is down because it is predicted that Disney will have to discount rooms in order to fill them during the economic slowdown. Although I am a stockholder, I would be happy to get a nice discount on my next trip! :mickey:

Cinderelley
02-24-2008, 06:54 AM
A chance to buy stock and a room for a lower price. Hmmm, sounds good to me.

Dsnygirl
02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Funny - I was just going to ask a similar question. Seems that Disney just put a third discount out there for the March - May timeframe, on top of the other discounts that were already there. So, I'm wondering if that will continue through the end of the year, esp. if the "recession" everyone is predicting acutally becomes a reality. We're planning on December, and although I know there are usually discounts then, it'd be nice to see them a little deeper than usual!! :thumbsup:

mickey&missy
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Not for the American public - the dollar is weak overseas and I hear that a lot of overseas guests are taking advantage and taking Disney vacations. Unless that slacks off as well, I don't think we'll be seeing any more discounts than they already offer. As long as the resorts and parks are full, they don't care who fills them.

You could be right! The value of the american dollar against foreign currency is so pitiful foreigners are coming here in droves!

I wonder if there is some why for them to discount for US residents. Along the same line as a FL resident discount.

Cinderelley
02-26-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't think that people from other countries coming to visit is such a bad thing. We send enough of our money outside the US. If they're going to have a discount, they might as well do it for everyone. :D