PDA

View Full Version : Ohana review

Vinny
02-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Just got back last Friday from a week in WDW and wanted to give a quick review about our dinner at Ohana. We arrived at the Polynesian about half an hour early for out 7:00 ADR time to relax and walk around the resort for a bit. We were seated right at our scheduled time.

Our server first brought the bread, salad and fried dumplings followed by the chicken wings, vegetables and scalloped potatoes. The main and best part of the meal was the meat and shrimp. The sirloin steak and shrimp on the barbie were both very good. The bread pudding with vanilla ice cream and warm carmel/banana chip sauce is a great way to top the meal.

The best part of the evening was being able to enjoy desert while having a great view of the Wishes fireworks show from MK.

cwarner
02-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Thats's good to know. I will be going to WDW in May for 5 days with my sis and a 5 year old and we have also made ADR for Ohana. I am so looking to that dinner. Thanks for the review

Christina

Duchess99
02-23-2008, 09:00 AM
:welcome: Christina

I need to try Ohana's again. The last time I went was over 12 years ago and I don't remember enjoying it that much. But there are so many good reviews it's time to go back...thanks!

#1donaldfan
02-23-2008, 09:46 AM
We like Ohana's too......your review is very good, glad to know it's still serving up good food !!

Jared
02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for another review, Vinny. 'Ohana is easily one of my favorite restaurants and Disney, but I haven't tried the new menu yet. I'm glad to see the shrimp as an entree again, not an appetizer. Unfortunately, I'm not eating there in May.

:tasty:

hoop de do
02-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for sharing. We are going in June and can't wait to try the new menu. Gotta go now I'm gettin' hungry. :thumbsup::eat::thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
02-23-2008, 10:59 AM
'Ohana is one of my favorite restaurants. Gimme some of that Shrimp :eat:

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the review. I never would have considered O'hana except for the advice of my Intercot friends. It's now a definite on our list for this summer. I didn't know that you could see Wishes from the restaurant - I may have to reconsider my preferred dining time. One more week and I can start making my 180 day ADR's.

SurferStitch
02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear you liked it! DH and I will be going there in May, and are looking forward to another great meal!

Mikey Piano 23
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
O'hana is my favorite restaurant at Disney World! I love the wings and the shrimp. I go every time I am there!

JPL
02-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I had dinner at Ohana back in January and while the food was very good they weren't very generous the night we were there and I left a little disappointed. I really wanted some more steak and shrimp. They came around once with the meats and seemed to rush us into dessert and out the door.

pluto 77
02-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Well i am glad to hear so many good responses. We go to Ohana's every time we go to DW, and last time we found it slightly lacking. We actually had to wait over 45 min. after our ADR time to get a table. Then when we were seated it was getting late and the food and service seemed a little dry. I am looking forward to a great meal this time! We booked an early ADR, so hopefully that will help!!!
Can't wait for the bread pudding :cloud9:

January-2007
02-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Thanks for sharing!! :mickey:

tjstrike
02-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Ohana's was definetaly the highlite of our DDP this last trip we took. Will do again, love the shrimp and meat skewers !! :woohoo:

RAIDER
02-26-2008, 04:24 AM
Ohanas is a great experience ...We were lucky enough last year to get a window seat to watch wishes and that while sipping a lapu lapu ....It was a meal to remember ....The food is excellent and as usual they give you so much at the start your bursting by the time they are serving the bbq food :thumbsup:

MickeyChick
02-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Lapu Lapu! I didn't care what was in it or what it was called, I wanted the drink in the pineapple. It was a pleasant surprise that it was actually good.

Of course I am a phenomenal geek... :mickey:

LilOrmstonViolet38
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM
as a special hint to those that don't like Bread pudding you can get just ice cream just by asking. no extra cost! i enjoyed it alot because it's the best darn ice cream following the most amazing meal of my life... and the ice cream while the fireworks are going off is even more spectacular! oh do i love Disney...