PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities at the World

HairyBear
02-23-2008, 12:04 AM
:mickey:Last year my family and I went to WDW and Universal. While in the MGM studios park towards the end of the day Inoticed a very small man walking the same direction I was at second glance he looked familiar. I told him that he reminded me of the guy from the charlie and the chocolate factory movie. He said, 'Im that guy'. He was headed to the bathroom and said I could talk with him in a few minutes. A few minutes later, he came back out and he took pix with our group. One of our group members said I was terrible for bothering him since he was trying to take a restroom break and enjoying his vacation. After looking at the pix we noticed that he had on a brightly striped shirt. My theory is that the park had compensated him for being there , this park is supposed to be like hollywood. Although he was not a big star I was impressed that they would do this and very Cool. I have not seen any other 'stars' but while at Universal my daughter who watches a lot more tv than I said that some of the kids looked like some on the Disney channel show. I told her that they could be them and might either be here on vacation or as a public appearance. Did I overstep the line in 'bugging' the oompa loompa going dooopadee doo?

Who else has seen celebrities at the WORLD?

TinkRocks
02-23-2008, 02:21 AM
In late September 2006, I was at one of the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween parties.

Towards the end of the evening, as we were slowly making our towards the park exit, the friends I had gone to the party with went into the Emporium to make some last minute purchases. I decided to wait outside for them to avoid the crowds inside the store.

Am I ever glad I did!

I was stood by a lamp post, just at the edge of the sidewalk, just before the street level, and was looking around, and also at the castle. Of course, everyone is walking towards me.

This guy caught my attention - he looked really familiar, but didn't want to call out his name 'cos he was at MK with his girlfriend and didn't want to draw attention to him.

It was none other than Brad Delp (lead singer from Boston). One of my (& my Dad's) all time favorite bands!

It was one of those moments where I was truly speechless. Part of me just wanted to stop Brad and chat with him for a few minutes (maybe take a pic), but the moment passed before I realized he had walked by. I'm still kicking myself! I know he's a really nice guy and would have gladly signed an autograph and taken a pic.

Brad unfortunately passed away last year, so that just drove the nail into the coffin for me - I'll never get that opportunity again...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-23-2008, 03:11 AM
This list is too long for me to reply on. Some of them include Mariah Carey, Chris Rock, Harrison Ford, Jessica Simpson, and The Rock and several of the stars who performed during the Christmas Parade taping.

gerald72
02-23-2008, 04:43 AM
If someone is wearing a brightly striped shirt, they must be there to answer all your questions. I'm sure the little guy wasn't bugged at all. You should have offered him a Wonka Bar.

LudwigVonDrake
02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
If someone is wearing a brightly striped shirt, they must be there to answer all your questions. I'm sure the little guy wasn't bugged at all. You should have offered him a Wonka Bar.

Was he a Oompa-Loompa? :laughing:

DisneyTwirler13!
02-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I once saw Faith Ford and Kelly Ripa at DHS when it was still MGM. It was around Christmas time, so I guess that would explain it.

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2008, 06:08 PM
My latest celebrity sighting was just last month at MK. I was just as close to The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) as I am to my computer screen. Holy cow, is this guy good looking and very friendly and saying "Hi" when he realized we knew who he was. Made this old ladies day let me tell you!

sheltie
02-26-2008, 05:20 PM
i was at the studios about 7 or 8 years ago and i saw roy disney jr there. boy was i mad i did not have my camera or a pen for an autograph.

Marilyn Michetti
02-26-2008, 05:31 PM
We were at MGM on Dec. 5th, 2001, (Walt's birthday - 100), and there were celebs all over the place. It was only three months after 9/11 so the park was amazingly uncrowded, but many of the original mouseketeers were there, along with Dean Jones, and other of the "stars" from Walt's movies.

Julie Andrews signed 200 copies of her book. I was 150th in line. She was just wonderful - for about 15 seconds, she made me feel like I was the only person in her life.:thumbsup:

Walt Lucas
02-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Two years ago, i was at Star Wars Weekends. of course, theres star wars celebs at MGM for signings and for the parade, but later that week, i saw Peter Mayhew (Chewie from the films) going into Philharmagic with his wife. I didn't bother him since he was enjoying some R&R during the week.

elmjimmlm
02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I dont know if this counts because I didnt actually see this person but last year on KRR when we got off the ride I overheard a CM telling another that one of the Black Eyed Peas were on the ride...We stood there with some other people on the bridge trying to see him and never did...

sorarail
02-27-2008, 08:17 AM
In 2003 - DH and I were in Innoventions. We were looking at the electric car on display and people could sign up for test drives. The other person there checking it out was "Weird" Al Yankovic. No doubt about who he was, but we didn't bother him. :cool:

MicMouse
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
In July 2004 we were waiting in line for Peter Pan, and Raymont Harris of the Chicago Bears was right in front of us with his family.

We have season tickets to the Bears games and we are huge fans. After about 10 minutes, we finally got the courage to talk with him. He was so nice! It was the highlight of the trip for my husband.

In 2000, we saw Wayne Brady leaving the Portifino Bay hotel at Universal.

mickey&missy
02-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Julie Andrews signed 200 copies of her book. I was 150th in line. She was just wonderful - for about 15 seconds, she made me feel like I was the only person in her life.:thumbsup:

My FIL met Julie Andrews at least once, maybe twice I'm not sure. He inspected a house for her in the Hamptons. He said she was truely one of the nicest people he had every met and it was completely genuine.

Our celeb sighting was Bruce Jenner, the olympic decathlete. Our first weekend during our 05 trip was ESPN weekend so he must have been there for that. We saw him walking in the hall at AKL. MIL and I both kind of did a double take. He said hi to us. After passing MIL and I asked each other if it was him and we agreed it was. Funny thing was FIL and DH had no clue who Bruce Jenner was.

jaredkari
02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
In 2005 my wife and I were heading up to California Grill at Contempary and Alan Cummings was getting off the elevator. I know not a huge huge star but he was in X-Men 2 and a lot of other movies.

Not at WDW but at the Atlanta airport on the way to WDW we ran into Donovan McNabb (Eagles QB).

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-27-2008, 01:00 PM
When I worked at WDW a few of the notable ones I ran into were Zac Efron, Vincent D'Onofrio, Pat Sajak, Beyoncé, Brad Garrett, Aaron Carter, Chris Tucker, and Christina Aguilera.

Didn't really exchange words with them (we're not allowed to speak to them unless they speak to us first) but I can say that as a huge Christina Aguilera fan I stood about 2 feet away from her for more than 5 minutes. :blush:

dumbo_buddy
02-27-2008, 03:27 PM
a few years ago i saw katie couric with her two daughters. it was raining and they all had on the silly yellow panchos too!:mickey:

last january i saw samantha brown filming a bit in front of france. (she's the lady who does the stuff on the travel channel). unfortunately, i asked her for her autograph and she told me, "i don't do autographs" and then she told her producer they should get moving. :ack:

mar_sar_dad
02-28-2008, 12:25 PM
I saw Val Kilmer about 4 years ago at MK. Very nice guy, contrary to what you hear about him in the media. I talked football with Dwayne Johnson, The Rock, for like 15 minutes last April right before the NFL draft at MK. Super nice guy and was so nice to my daughters, who were playing in line with his daughter at Philharmagic. Very, very nice guy to everyone around him.

On the other hand, on the same trip that I saw Rock, I also saw Rosie O'Donnel and she was not so nice to people, yelling ( screaming, profanity included) at CM and other people around her and with her. Not a nice person at all and we'll leave it at that.

lightyearfan
02-28-2008, 05:06 PM
i haven't seen any celebrities as far as actors go but me and dw have seen sport celebrities. in AK we saw Kevin Greene great linbacker who has played for the Rams+Steelers+Panthers, and while walking in Epcot we bumped into John Maclean who used to play hockey for the Nj Devils and briefly New York Rangers, now they are not everyday celebrities, but for someone who is a sports fanatic like me i do consider them in this group.

Victor

jaredkari
02-28-2008, 05:27 PM
On the other hand, on the same trip that I saw Rock, I also saw Rosie O'Donnel and she was not so nice to people, yelling ( screaming, profanity included) at CM and other people around her and with her. Not a nice person at all and we'll leave it at that.

Why does that not surprise me :mickey: Sorry I am NOT a fan :ack:

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Why does that not surprise me :mickey: Sorry I am NOT a fan :ack:

Well said Mr.Trump! Now I have A celebrity siting on Intercot!!:clown: HA!

ElenitaB
02-28-2008, 08:19 PM
We saw Barry Bonds and his family as grand marshalls of Stars and Cars Parade at MGM.

If you're a scrapbooker and a reader of CK magazines, this name will be familiar to you. Last October I met Ali Edwards in the Emporium... we were both buying Crocs for DSs. She is as amazing in person as she is on paper. :thumbsup:

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I think Disney has made two things popular in my home: going to Disney and scrapbooking all the pictures taken while in Florida! I'm not sure Who Ali is but at least one person living in my home probably does! Obsessive is not the word!

LauraleeH
02-29-2008, 10:39 AM
My aunt swears she saw "that blonde guy from High School Musical" when we were at Disney Studios last December.

Personally, I've never seen a celebrity at Disney, though I have seen a few in airports and restaurants.

DISFREAKS
03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
in 2005, DW and I saw Greg Lloyd who played linebacker for the Steelers and Panthers. We also saw the female carpenter from Trading Spaces. I wish I could remember her name.:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Last year on Soarin' we were in line behind Cory from the Raven show. I had no clue who he was but one of the people with us did.

cgriff
03-02-2008, 11:19 AM
In 2005 my wife and I were heading up to California Grill at Contempary and Alan Cummings was getting off the elevator.

Wow, the Fabulous Floop himself! (SpyKids)

Cool!

cgriff

kbean
03-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Hulk Hogan and his family years ago were walking in front of me. His children were just little kids then.

tinklover
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
We also saw the female carpenter from Trading Spaces. I wish I could remember her name.:blush:

do you mean Leslie Segrete? she has a new show now on WE called ugliest house on the block.

When I was 12 my family went to DLR. My step sister and I were standing in line for the Matterhorn(SP?). well me being 12 and bore din line I turned to see how long it was behind us and to my suprise standing right bend me was Larry Wilcox ( Officer John Baker form CHiPs) I said Hi to him and told him he was on my favorite show and that he was my favorite character and he talked to us thru the whole wait in line . It was the best day for me:cloud9:

GINNY69
03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
When were were at Disney World a few years ago they were filming the Regis & Kelly Show.
So we saw Regis and Kelly. Also we saw Jon Cryer walking away from the area of Splash Mountain he was holding his baby son on his shoulders. Also when we were just getting off the Haunted Mansion ride I almost bumped into Aaron Carter he was with one of those Disney Chaperones and I found him to be very annoying and very into himself, I was never a big fan of Aarons so I was not overly excited to see him. But then at MGM I don't even know why I mentioning this but I saw a man I know I reconize him from a Rock Band but for the heck of me I can not think of his name he was with one of those Disney Chaperones too.

:)

WhiteRose1
03-12-2008, 08:10 PM
No, I am not lucky enough to have met someone famous at WDW, but I noticed comments about 'wondering if I am bugging them'.

I dated a professional wrestler before I 'grew up'.

Generally the rule with him was that if he was NOT deep in conversation, or sharing a private time with his family (dinner, movies, at a club dancing, etc) he LOVED the attention..as long as the person did not scream his name and try to hug him or show him their great wrestling moves.

He was kinder to kids than adults, and would do autographs for them, even during dinner. He generally did not wish to have a crowd of people around him when he was in 'street clothes'.

It really depended on his mood, honestly. Once we went shopping in a mall the day after a big show, and we had to make a quick escape because some guy (adult) drew alot of attention to us. I was really uncomfortable, and he was VERY angry.

After that, we avoided going out the day after his shows. Don't try to follow a 'star' to their hotel, or be a 'fanboy'!

Just think how you would feel if you were in their shoes, trying to have fun...be polite and understand if they refuse to autograph or pose for a picture.

NJ Camper
03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I once saw one of the WWE wrestlers Mic Foley didn't bother him he was with his kids so i left him alone thought about talking to him but then i thought if i was on vacation would i want to be bothered so i decided agianst it

Bohms4
03-13-2008, 01:17 PM
We ran into Vanilla Ice (Rob VanWinkle) and his family back in 2005 at POFQ. We were getting off of the bus and they had just arrived and were unloading their car and then went to check in. We contemplated approaching him but decided to leave them alone on their vacation.

Mfarquar
03-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Forever ago, the summer after the '88 Olympics, we stayed at the Grand Floridian.

While at the pool, we saw ice skaters Debbie Thomas, Kristy Yamaguchi, and Brian Boitano. I think they were there for some TV special.

Those are the only celebrities I've seen at WDW, but it seems they hang out more at Disneyland :)

TinkRocks
03-16-2008, 01:41 AM
In 2005 my wife and I were heading up to California Grill at Contempary and Alan Cummings was getting off the elevator. I know not a huge huge star but he was in X-Men 2 and a lot of other movies.

Not at WDW but at the Atlanta airport on the way to WDW we ran into Donovan McNabb (Eagles QB).

LOVE Alan Cumming - in retrospect, I would have loved to seen him in Cabaret, but missed the opportunity to see the show when it was in the city I lived in at the time.

He's got that mischievous quality about him.

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 07:09 PM
LOVE Alan Cumming - in retrospect, I would have loved to seen him in Cabaret, but missed the opportunity to see the show when it was in the city I lived in at the time.

He's got that mischievous quality about him.

He's fantastic!!! I probably would have been speechless. In Romy and Michelle's he was just so...... fantastic.

KineGirl
03-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Several years back we saw Steve Tyler from Aerosmith! He was obviously trying to hide himself with glasses and a ball cap and it was mustve been working for him cuz nobody else seemed to be noticing! When one of our party (discretely) asked for an autograph he declined stating that while he was happy we were fans he just wanted to enjoy his vacation. We understood and let him be. We still ended up getting a pic of him (in the background) by strategically posing our group wayyyyyyy in front of him (he was sitting an outside bench). The next year the Studios got Rock N Roller Coaster! ANNNND my Mom who is a concierge at WDW (for those who dont know) checked in Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel ANNNND Mickey Thomas from Jefferson Starship. I barely knew who he was but boy was she all a twitter LOL

snowflakegirl
03-16-2008, 10:40 PM
In April of 05 DH and I were inside the wine shop in France buying a couple glasses of wine when a man and his girlfriend walked by me. I did a double take because he looked so familiar. I went outside to where my SIL was sitting at a table and as I walked up to the table I realized who he had been... apparently he had just walked by her, too because as I came up to the table we both said "Joey Lawrence is here!"

The same trip we were in the shop after Test Track and I overheard the CMs behind the counter chatting about John Stamos being there earlier that day ... I would have *loved* to have seen him. I've always had a crush on him ;-).

tigmickey
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
It has been a long time since I posted...I am a lurker...

1998ish..MGM...ToT...In line with, what we thought was 5 very large brothers with their little brother, MICHAEL JACKSON and his bodyguards. We did not know this until we got off the ride. We thought just a loud group. After the ride we were in the gift shop and a CM told us that MICHAEL JACKSON just got off the ride. We ran back to try and buy the picture but it was too late. We should have asked someone to go back and get us a copy...

bruin1344
03-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I was in the same line on Thunder Mountain as Hulk Hogan and his family. Kirsten Storms was also in some line with me. When the NBA All-Star game was in Orlando in 1994, we saw a lot of NBA and ex-NBA players around the parks and resorts. Ive been downt here when Daytona 500 happens, some of the racers have gone to WDW. I dont watch NASCAR so i wouldnt know any of them. I am sure there have been more celebrities. I just dont pay attention.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Last year, I saw Chris Kirkpatrick from 'N Sync walking around World Showcase. I don't think he's much of a celebrity anymore, but my sis and I got a good laugh out of it.

momof3+twins
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
We saw Britney Spears, Nsync and Fred Savage about 9 years ago. But, I personally enjoy seeing the local newsreporters in the grocery store alot more. I don't really know why???? And for some reason it happens all the time to me???

PeterPansMagic
03-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Any other sightings?

JasonH
03-24-2008, 03:56 AM
Boy my fam and I have seen a lot of stars, one good portion of them thanks to Star Wars Weekends and another good portion from when WDW used to have stars show up at then Disney-MGM and recreate the handprint ceremony in front of the "Chinese Theater". Wonder if they still do that anymore.

Now if I can remember them all. N'Sync before they became a national sensation (still won't forget the fact my brother with his professional looking camera went up to where the press were taking pictures and he was the only one to have asked them to pose as a group which caused a lot of the press to really take some pics then:thumbsup:). Ben Vereen, Levar Burton, Neil Patrick Harris during his Doogie days, Lorenzo Lamas right when he started doing his show Renegade, Barry Corbin from his Northern Exposure days, Jamie Fahr(from MASH), Jeff Foxworthy(my brother had him sign his Pro-BASS club card and all Jeff said then was "You might be a redneck..."), Robbie Benson, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Jake Lloyd, Doug Xiang (he was design director for Episode 1 if I remember correctly), David Prowse (my bro got to talk about cameras with him), Carrie Fisher, mom seen John Tesh pass by her on Main St., Gary Puckett, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Peter Noone, Mickey Dolenz, Eddie Serranto (from Cannibal & The Headhunters), Tiny Tim (my bro got him to sign his own bottle of Arm&Hammer toothpaste:funny:), Arlo Guthrie, Flo & Eddie from The Turtles, Rob Grill from Grass Roots, Drew Carey(he was there to see Paul Revere & The Raiders:thumbsup:), Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Michonne(did a cameo appearence as Aura Singg:unsure: in Episode 1 during the Podrace). Not to mention all the concerts I've seen as well but not meet the singer/group personally: Mickey Thomas from Starship, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, Donnie Brooks, Jewel Akins, Pat Upton from Spiral Staircase, Al Wilson, Jerry Corbetta from Sugarloaf, The Tokens and Huey Lewis & The News.

Whew! I think that's all of the ones I've seen or met at WDW. I'm sure through the next 24 years I'll be able to add that list. :D

Tigerinvestigator
03-25-2008, 01:31 PM
We saw Hulk Hogan and his son Nick at the pool at AKL a few years ago. We also saw Jean Claude Van Damme, NFL Quarterback Warren Moon, and the man that plays Judge Banks on Fresh Prince of BelAire. We met ESPN analyst Lee Corso at the Yacht Club and he gave my daughter an autograph. We took photos with Christina Aguilera at MGM one year. I met actor Tim Robbins of Shawshank Redemption on the elevators at the Dolphin years ago. I'm sure there are others I am not remembering right now.

garymacd
03-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Gee, I thought I was doing well when I saw Cinderella!!!

Hull-onian
03-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Well, I don't know if this counts. We went for super soap weekend. I met Alex Musser (Del) on AMC. He was sitting by himself. I went up to him and introduced myself (bold huh?) and he was very polite and kind. I had my pic taken with him. I said "Hi" to Melisha Menchew(Kendal Hart), said "Hi" to Julie and Zack (Thorsten Kay) met Susan Lucci, lovely,lovely, lady, and met Walt Willy (Jackson Montgomery) very funny guy. Got my pic taken with him too. The kid that plays Jamie (Justin Brunig) and Aiden Turner. Got all their autographs in my 25th Anniversary All My Children book. The day was superb. Can't forget Johnathan.

animalkingdomguy
03-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Usually Disney sends a celeb. around with a host (the plaid vested castmembers). While I have never attempted to approach or speak with someone it's my understanding that the host is there to open 'special' doors, smooth the visit and act as a buffer to the general guest audience. On one trip I saw some of the tween Disney stars and Queen Latefa. In both cases I left them alone as with me they were on vacation and surely wanted to enjoy their trip in peace.