PDA

View Full Version : Captioning

Tink&Goofy
02-22-2008, 11:27 PM
As some you know, my DD is profoundly deaf, and had a cochlear implant that allows her to hear. Still, she misses alot - especially voices over speakers, etc.
Last time we were at WDW, we discovered quite by accident that there was reflective captioning available in a seating area during Fantasmic. Does anyone know any other shows, etc. that has reflective captioning available?
I also know that hand held captioning devices are available at Guest Services, for use with some attractions. Has anyone ever used these? How well did they work?

TheDuckRocks
02-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I noticed the reflective captioning at both Mickey's Philharmagic and Muppets 3-D when we were there last month and I saw it somewhere else but I can't remember where. Boy, getting old is the pits sometimes.

ElenitaB
02-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Boy, getting old is the pits sometimes.
But it sure is better than the alternative! ;)

TheDuckRocks
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
But it sure is better than the alternative! ;)

Yes, and I'm very thankful for that every day!

missastrocat
03-25-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm sorry I'm just now seeing this post...

My mom is partially deaf and we used many of the reflective captioning and other devices to help her out. I will tell you, after going to disney world as a child knowing your mom can't hear what is going on, to watching her now that i'm adult, it's amazing. I love watching her rediscover disney as she can actually KNOW what is going on.

When we went to the resort (don't know if you are staying at one or not), we went to the guest services kiosk and they were able to provide us with a "map" for those with disabilities... and it points out all the different accommodations and locations.

I will reply back to this more as I just can't remember all the details right now. When do you go to WDW? We are going next week (March 30-April 6th) and I could pick up some information (although i'm sure they would send you it if you called) for you. :)

Laura