PDA

View Full Version : Happy Meal Toys??

i'm grumpy
02-22-2008, 11:16 PM
The box says next is Year of A Million Dreams.
:confused:

TinkiTime1989
02-22-2008, 11:37 PM
It's true. On the McDonalds website it says the next toys will be Walt Disney World Year of a Million Dreams toys. It says "Pirates and princesses, prepare for adventure." and shows a little boy and girl. The little boy appears to be holding a pirate action figure and has a pirate bandana on. The little girl has what appears to be a Cinderella ring and is wearing a princess crown. The current Spiderwick Chronicles toys should be available until March 14, when they will be replaced by the YoMD toys.

JPL
02-23-2008, 12:10 AM
What's really strange about this is Disney was suppose to end their relationship with McDonald's as part of their helathy food initiative.

Jenemmy
02-23-2008, 09:08 AM
What's really strange about this is Disney was suppose to end their relationship with McDonald's as part of their helathy food initiative.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. Interesting.

glenpreece
02-23-2008, 11:31 AM
I only thpught that their exclusivity contract with Mc D's was over not the fact they would no longer do Happy Meal toys. That's how I interpreted the news years back. I hope these are good toys I've been missing my Mc D's Disney toys for while now.

LauraleeH
02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info!

How can Disney say that McDonald's is too unhealthy for them, and yet they still serve their fries in the parks?

i'm grumpy
02-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info. Don't want to go to McD's any sooner. :ack: I guess they can say they've added the apple and milk choices. :confused:

JPL
02-24-2008, 08:47 PM
How can Disney say that McDonald's is too unhealthy for them, and yet they still serve their fries in the parks?

Actually that is a totally different deal and has to do with McDonald's sponsoring the Dinosaur attraction at AK part of the deal was Fry Carts in the parks.

Blue Genie
02-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Well you know you don't have to get the Happy meal if you don't want it just the toy. I've done that with the 50th Anniversy they had a few years ago and when they did the Aladdin stuff. The toys back then if I remember right cost 1.60 or 2.60 something like that. I learn that from a friend when he got the X-Men toys from Burger King when they were doing the movie. If I knew that then I would of got almost all of the 100 years of Walt Disney figures when they did them. But I only got 22 of them.

poohbearlover15
03-01-2008, 09:57 PM
I bought action figures at burger king and they were only $1 i imagine its the same for mcdonalds.

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
My son was born in 1998, and who knows how many happy meals we have had since then. Not too long ago, I went through all of his toys and threw away any happy meal toy that was not Disney. I kept all of the Disney toys. He has quite a bit of the Toy Story 2 collection, 101Dalmations, and the characters from the 100 years. We really don't go to Mickey D's that often anymore, but I will definitely try to get some of the YoAMD toys. I posted to this thread so I could stay in the loop!!:D

i'm grumpy
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I wonder when the pics will appear?

i'm grumpy
03-14-2008, 07:04 PM
They are actually Pirate and Princess toys. :confused:

Blue Genie
03-15-2008, 01:06 AM
I got the Princess Aurora crown today. At first they gave me the pirate figure but when I open it I when back and ask them that I wanted the Princess item sends I'm a Princess freak. So they gave me the Crown which is the only one I really wanted because I'm a huge Princess Aurora fan.

biodtl
03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I went through the drive-thru this weekend and got DD4 a Happy Meal. They asked boy or girl and it even came up on the order screen as girl. But I still spent the next half hour listening to her cry because she got a "boy toy".

Next time I'll remember to check...

Blue Genie
03-17-2008, 02:50 PM
They did that to me and one of my female friends at work. We had ask them for the girls toys and they gave us boys. But for me I was inside McDonalds to order my food and something told me to check the toy out before I leave good thing I did. I have this funny filling that there is alot of complands going on now that McDonalds is not giving out the right toys when we ask. I think they want to keep all the girls to them self.

Ian
03-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Does anyone besides me find it just a tad hypocritical that Disney, after all that blather about supporting healthier eating for kids, disassociating them from McDonald's, revamping their kids menus in the parks, etc. that they would then turn around and go back on their word by doing this deal with Mickey D's??

I've heard stories that the P&P parties are really struggling to draw attendance, so this looks like a pretty big desperation move on their part.

JPL
03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I would find it strange if I didn't know Disney only cares about my health when it can increase their profits.

Ian
03-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I would find it strange if I didn't know Disney only cares about my health when it can increase their profits.That was pretty much my point ... they're "green" and "healthy" when it's convenient for them.

Very hypocritical, if you ask me.

baby minnie's mommy
03-19-2008, 10:47 PM
We went to Micky D's today so DD could get a toy. :mickey: Since I was eating light anyway, I got a Happy Meal so she could get two toys. Had thought I might keep mine as a collector item, but I couldn't resist giving mine to DD. So she got the Aurora crown (her favorite princess!) and an Ariel wand that lights up.

Something interesting about the princess toys are that they have pictures of the real live princess on them, along with their signature.

Next time we eat out we'll have to try them again and see what we get...:)

JPL
03-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Something interesting about the princess toys are that they have pictures of the real live princess on them, along with their signature.

They are promoting the Pirate & Princess Party at the Magic Kingdom so real life princess make sense to entice kids to want to go and meet them and get their signatures at the parks.

Blue Genie
03-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Year but on Princess Aurora crown they have her autograph as Sleeping Beauty and not Princess Aurora. She signs her autograph Princess Aurora like so.

Done on 1-11-03
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%201/18.jpg

Done on 2-17-08
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disneyland%20Autographs/Autographs%20Part%202/107PrincessAurora93rd2ndAUTOGRAPH.jpg

Blue Genie
03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Here are my Princess items I got from McDonalds.

Aurora crown=Which I wanted for the card more then the toy. Jasmine head band.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/c33a.jpg

Belle's neckless= which I also wanted for the card more then the toy.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x167/BlueGenie_2007/Disney%20Collection/Disney%20Stuff/COLLCETION004.jpg