PDA

View Full Version : Specials?

Dakota Rose
02-22-2008, 10:29 PM
After much debating, we've decided to try camping at the World next January. Is FW included in the special package discounts, etc?

faline
02-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Will you be booking a cabin or a campsite?

Dakota Rose
02-23-2008, 10:14 PM
A campsite for our RV. I realize the rates are already really reasonable, but I'm always on the look-out for a good deal. :) I'm nothing if not frugal. :)

faline
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I know that the promotions include the cabins - not sure about the camp sites. I have heard of folks who have gotten AAA discounts on camp sites.

Dakota Rose
02-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Cool. Thanks. I"ll check that out. What about when Disney does promotions such as "free water parks" or "free dining." Do those packages include campsites?

faline
02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure how that works with campsites but I'll bet the folks at Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)can help you with that.

They can book your campsite at the best possible rate and will also keep an eye out for any specials that apply to you. When, and if, they find any, they'll automatically book that for you!

January-2007
02-26-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't know about all the specials but I know they exclude the campsites from the Free Dining promotion, there was a question about this a couple of years ago. As the previous poster mentioned, AAA discounts are available on the campsites. Might not hurt to call Disney directly with your question. Wouldn't that be nice if you could get the special ticket offer they seem to keep presenting year after year. Good luck- happy planning! :mickey:

tys_mommy
02-27-2008, 04:01 PM
the current ticket upgrade promotion is not available to campsites:pout:

Dakota Rose
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
That's a bummer but not surprising. :(

I did check with AAA and found that the campsite price is about $12 cheaper per night. That's a pretty good savings and I usually book thru them anyway, so that's probably what we'll do.

I'm still a bit wary about camping at WDW in general, so we'll see.