PDA

View Full Version : 300th post...my most missed thing

mac badger
02-22-2008, 06:10 PM
this is my post #300, so i thought i'd post one of my favorite topics-disney memories.

what is your single most missed thing (thing that is no longer there) in the parks?
for me, its gotta be mr. toad's wild ride. i dont know why, but i just loved that ride, rode it all the time as a kid. i loved the room where it was the town square, and all the cars were weaving in and out next to each other. it just reminds me of childhood.
so what's yours?:mickey:

T-Belle
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Alien Encounter! Such a cool ride!

scottgr
02-22-2008, 07:23 PM
20000 Leagues Under the Sea is the ride I missed the most. I remember going on the ride was I was a kid..... I loved it. :nemo:

Followthatmouse
02-22-2008, 07:42 PM
I will miss Cranium Command. I don't think it will return and that is a shame. It was witty from pre-show to end. Very few rides could claim a neurotic hypothalamus!

lindique
02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
what is your single most missed thing (thing that is no longer there) in the parks?
for me, its gotta be mr. toad's wild ride. i dont know why, but i just loved that ride, rode it all the time as a kid. i loved the room where it was the town square, and all the cars were weaving in and out next to each other. it just reminds me of childhood.

mac badger - you can relive your childhood again. Disneyland in Anaheim still has the Mr. Toad ride! And, since it was upgraded, is even a better version than what you remember. :mickey:

Ghost * Hostess
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
I miss the Sky Way. It was the best view of Magic Kingdom.

*tinker_belle*
02-22-2008, 11:15 PM
virtual-toad.com
This site is for all WDW Mr. Toad lovers! It's a nice tribute. The one at Disneyland is slightly different.

GrmGrninGost
02-23-2008, 12:30 AM
20,000 Leagues is the one I miss the most. But I also miss Mr. Toad, Cranium Command, Horizons, the original Journey into Imagination and the Skyway! They were all great in their own way!

chicade88
02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Definitely Alien Encounter! I truly believe I could've gotten my DBf hooked on Disney with that ride... Now I'll never have the chance

poohbearlover15
02-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Alien Encounter! I think the stitch one isnt as scary and its kind of boring. Alien Encounter was much scarier!:mickey:

AdventurerKim
02-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I miss Mr. Toad, Horizons, Kitchen Kabaret, World of Motion, Skyway, original Imagination, and Captain EO.

wedway76
02-23-2008, 11:26 AM
For me NO QUESTION... 20,000 Leagues! It was almost as great to wach from shore as it was to ride!

laward32
02-23-2008, 11:35 AM
20,000 Leagues and the Skyway.:mickey:

DNS
02-23-2008, 11:53 AM
The Wonders of Life pavilion.

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I miss the Alien Encounter ride -- it's just not the same now that it's Stitch. However, I think I miss the way the Living Seas used to be before they gave it the recent upgrade with its Finding Nemo theme. Nemo's a cutie, and I love the movie ... but I want my original Living Seas back!

Brownie54
02-23-2008, 12:12 PM
I have always answered this question with "Horizons". But now I may have to say Cranium Command. I miss that already!

mac badger
02-23-2008, 01:02 PM
originally posted by lindique:

mac badger - you can relive your childhood again. Disneyland in Anaheim still has the Mr. Toad ride! And, since it was upgraded, is even a better version than what you remember.

yeah, i know about that and definitely plan on doing it sometime, just cali is a long way from florida and so we have to put aside the time/money. but i do really want to go to DL and see all the original rides, and the ones that are different or not present at MK

Stan
02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Hmmm...

Candidates:
- Mr Toad
- Cranium Command
- Timekeeper (Robin Williams' best performance of his entire career)
- Captain EO (see my thread/poll)
- Journey into Imagination original
- World of Motion
- Millineum Village (BBQ sandwiches from Hawaii?)
- The Land original food court & music
- Magic Journey

But, which of these would I want to do/see if I could, every time I got in the parks?...

Captain EO :D

JuicyMoose17
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Alien Encounter and the snowing entrance to Club Cool in EPCOT. :(

mac badger
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
oh yeah, millenium village, id forgotten about that.
it doesn't have to be a ride either, although i think that's what we miss the most. i really miss the main street cinema, used to stop on our way out of the park and rest our tootsies and wait for the park to clear out.
and the main street ice cream store (which used to be sponsored by carnation-i dont think it is now) had the best peppermint stick ice cream. it was the first place i ever tasted that, and i loved it:mickey:

Friend of Figment
02-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Timekeeper
Original Journey into Imagination
Horizons
Cranium Command
20,000 Leagues

MinnieMommie
02-23-2008, 03:13 PM
this is my post #300, so i thought i'd post one of my favorite topics-disney memories.

so what's yours?:mickey:

:congrats: on your 300th post!!!

Yes MTWR is one of my favorite RIP rides. :mickey:

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:58 AM
I miss the Sky Way. It was the best view of Magic Kingdom.

I forgot about the SkyWay. So scary. My hubby used to like to point out that we were being suspended by one tiny little spot weld - completed by the lowest bidder.

jwallace378
02-24-2008, 09:40 AM
SkyWay and Horizons

pianobabe
02-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Cranium Command, that was such a cool idea.
Also, Food Rocks. I loved the music.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Body Wars! :blush: haha.

But really, and as much as it scared me SO much...I miss Alien Encounter being there.

Chris :hatter:

johnO
02-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Wonders of Life Pavillion..........

dumbo ears
02-24-2008, 02:28 PM
well my first visit to wdw was 4 years ago so i havent experienced many things that are already gone but I wish I could have seen Epcot when it had world of motion and Horizons and those kind of attractions. I really wanted to experience those but o well things change

dteed
02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I miss the Sky Way. It was the best view of Magic Kingdom

I will go along with that. As a kid I hated the height. As an adult I still hate the height but it would be a very cool view.

autumn
02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
horizons, for sure! i loved the smell of oranges at the beginning, and there were so many cool scenes. some of my faves are the robot butler, the girl in the bathtub with the bubbles, the moon face, the forced perspective on the orange grove scene, and the house of the future. oh, and i almost forgot the awesome 1950s future. i wanted that to be real so badly as a kid. the only thing i didn't like was that i swear the ride just pretended to give you a choice of scenes at the end. i always picked desert, and i almost never got it. :shrug:

but i LOVED that ride!!!

wdwfansince75
02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
The problem with nostalgia is that it is so old fashioned! But I, too, miss Horizons most of all. One of the advantages was the side by side by side seating. Most of my adventures were with some combination of myself and other family members, enjoying the virtual life journey together, just as we enjoyed our real lives journeys together.

Darin M
02-27-2008, 11:38 AM
I loved this ride as a child.

I also loved the Davy Crockett Paddle Boats.