PDA

View Full Version : December Temps

#1donaldfan
02-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm sure it's been covered a zillion times.....but I was wondering what the "norm" for temps are in December???? I think I've been talked into a December trip, versus our summer trip???? Thanks to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harkleroad
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
We just visited this Dec from the 15th-21st. Temps ranged from the mid 30s-high 80s. We planned for layers so we could be ready for anything. I think this is pretty typical so hope this helps.

stephntampa
02-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Usually the average daily high will reach around 73 degrees, the low around 50. Hope this helps!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-22-2008, 06:34 PM
the answer is E) less hot or F) all of the above

Magic Smiles
02-22-2008, 09:05 PM
We were there from 5 - 21 Dec 07. Everyday was in the high 70s to mid 80s with sun, except for two. One morning it was 39 and sunny. It did however warm up to the high 60s that day. Another day I guess it rained, but we had headed off to Ron Jons in Coco Beach where it was very very hot and sunny. When we got back to WDW we could tell it had rained, but we had missed it. We went prepared for any type of weather but really lucked in with great weather for the whole trip. Even though the temperatures were good, it did not seem to be as hot as when we visit in the Apr/May time period.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-22-2008, 10:31 PM
When I landed in Orlando on 12/17 it was a cool 34'!!! :eek:

Warmed up a little on the 18th and was quite pleasant on the 19th. I still wore jeans all three days. Not to mention my winter coat and gloves on the 17th...lol.

I know that is not the norm but, we were glad we packed a little of everything!!

snerd475
02-22-2008, 10:41 PM
You just never know. Even living down here, it's hard to predict, until the few days before your trip. January of this year was quite cool.

In Dec of 06, we wore jeans and t-shirts with maybe a light jacket at night (translated to FL, that means it was cool). In Dec 07, we had to wear shorts because it was much warmer. No jacket required.

You have to plan based on the weather forecast of a few days ahead of your trip. There is no hard and fast rule down here.

It's never going to be icy, I guarantee!

Carol
02-23-2008, 07:46 AM
When in doubt hit the info central tab up above.

Historical Temperatures & Precipitation (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp)

bouncer
02-23-2008, 07:56 AM
If you have to be talked into it ---you'll love seeing the decorations for Christmas in December. That is one of my favorite times to go. Yes, weather can get quite chilly. We make sure to have a full spectrum of clothes along from mittens, ear muffs & coats to shorts & swim suits. You can't say for sure that it will average 60 or 70 because it fluctuates so dramatically but we have had 80 during the day and have a front move in at night kicking up the wind and making it very cold. Bring a sweatshirt/pants to the park for the evening and you should be fine. ;)

#1donaldfan
02-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all the replies.....I guess we'll have to pack and extra suite case with pants, gloves, and heavier clothing......not bad .....thanks again !!:mickey:

laward32
02-23-2008, 11:33 AM
We went Dec 9-16 '06 and I wore jeans every day with a t-shirt. I would start with a light jacket, but by 11 I would have it in the stroller. I think the lows in the morning were high 40's low 50's and highs were in the low 70's that year. Hope this helps!! Have a great trip! The decorations are awesome.:mickey:

CaptainSad
02-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I remember December 16th was 39 degrees. I was at EPCOT the whole day. It reminded me of home. The day I left (23rd)it made it to 87. But it was mostly 50's at night and 70/80 the rest of those day's.

Soul_Power
03-10-2008, 01:55 AM
You all are getting me so excited to see the Christmas decorations!

I hope everything ends up falling through for my December 2009 trip!

tennantsrwe
03-10-2008, 07:27 AM
We loooove going in Dec. That & Jan are the only times we go. The temps can vary...in 05 highs were in the low-mid 60's but this past Dec highs were in the high 70's. Either way, it beats the 90's of the summer. The crowds are lighter and the decorations are awesome! I think it's a must do trip, at least once!

Funcruiser56
03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
We are planning on a Dec 6-12 trip, guess we will hope for warm weather. Since we will be comming from probably snow and single digit temps we will take what we get!
I always check the weather for the 10 day forcaste and plan from there.
If I can wear a sweater, capris and sandles I will be very happy. I'll be packing the gloves just incase!

Bev