PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga room request

Pollack
02-22-2008, 12:18 PM
I am staying at the SSR for the first time and I was wondering what area is the best to request. I am traveling with my 7 month old daughter and I will not be renting a car.

Thanks

disneycouple2004
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
THE SPRINGS is really nice..its just across from the main bldg..quick walk..and the bus stop is right there also..request a water view and at least 2cd floor or higher for a great view !!:thumbsup:

sillyolbear
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
We've always been in the Springs and it is very convenient to the main pool and Artist Palette.

JMTStone
02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
We stayed at Springs 11/2007 and liked it a lot!

MsMin
02-22-2008, 03:19 PM
We stayed at Congress Park and had a room facing the water. We could walk right out and head to DTD. Honestly I wouldn't want that set up with a toddler (though you still have a little time there) that might open the glass sliding door and head for the lake. I agree that closer to the main building might be better for you and your little one.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-22-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm the oddball as usual...lol.

We were in The Grandstand in September and it was the perfect location for us. Short walk to the main building and pool.
Most importantly, the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off. We have three kids so, making sure they have a seat is important to us. I also have a really bad knee and my balance is awful. So, knowing that I could sit and put DD on my lap if the bus was crowded was a real plus. The buses were usually standing only by the time we got to The Springs each day and the resort was not even that busy.

Have a great trip!! We love SSR!!

MinnieMommie
02-22-2008, 09:36 PM
HI agree with Alison - Grandstand has the advantage of close proximity to the main pool and dining options and is the first bus stop. Also, the Grandstand pool area has horse water sprites,its own refillable drink kiosk and poolside bar/snack area. It is ideal in many ways. :mickey:

tjstrike
02-23-2008, 02:07 AM
I also agree with the grandstand if you have little kids. Really, any stop before the springs you usually have a spot to sit on the bus. We stayed at congress park (room 2330) and had a great view of downtown disney which is very cool looking at night. I liked it alot better than when we stayed at the springs.

MinnieMommie
02-23-2008, 02:28 PM
I also agree with the grandstand if you have little kids. Really, any stop before the springs you usually have a spot to sit on the bus. We stayed at congress park (room 2330) and had a great view of downtown disney which is very cool looking at night. I liked it alot better than when we stayed at the springs.

Totally agree - It is very common to have standing room only by the time you get to the Springs stop. Congress is my second choice after Grandstand. It is a close and relaxed walk to DD Marketplace and has a nice pooland hot tub. Although If I were traveling with little ones I might vote for Grandstand 1st and Srings 2nd. The only downside to Springs again is its lactaion on the bus route. :mickey:

mouse-logic
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm the oddball as usual...lol.

.... The buses were usually standing only by the time we got to The Springs each day and the resort was not even that busy.

We had to send out last night at SSR last weekend. It was our first time at that DVC resort. SRT's Mom is absolutely correct. The busses are a problem at The Springs.

Obviously, this is just my experience....but.....

We had a dinner res set for 6:05 PM at Citrico's. So we went out to The Springs bus stop 1:20 early. Exactly one MK bus rolled through during a nearly an hour wait. And the one that came through was so full that only a handful of people managed to squeeze on out of the rather angry mob waiting. The bus drivers kept just shrugging their shoulders. We finally took an EPCOT bus, then the monorail to TTC then the resort monorail to GF. We were late for our dinner, but still had a great time.

Later that evening we ran in to a family that had been waiting at the bus stop. They said that it was another 30 minutes before another MK bus arrived, and it still could not accommodate all those waiting.

I have to admit that I'm spoiled staying at BCV and BWV--transportation is a breeze. I feel very bad for someone staying at SSR all the time.

In short, take the other posters advice and get a villa at SSR at one of the earlier bus stops. It's your only hope.

Pollack
02-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I've never stayed at the SSR. I always had my waitlist come thru for the BWV or BCV. Still have my fingers crossed for one to come thru.