PDA

View Full Version : So excited...and nervous

mouseaddict
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
So after 10 years of bedside nursing I was stuck in a rut. I was fed up with management at my hospital and the lack of support for the nurses. So I went for an interview at our local level 1 trauma center in special procedures on tuesday. Well..they just called me and I got the job. They want me to start on March 10!!! I am really looking forward to a brand new job and doing something new..but after 10 years...I am nervous!

pogo
02-22-2008, 11:57 AM
:congrats:

I predict you will do an excellent job ! :D

princessgirls
02-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Congratulations!!!

Good for you making a move.

You'll be terrific.

Julie:cool:

kakn7294
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats on the new job! It's so easy to fall into that rut and stay (that would be me - nearly 17 yrs and counting!). Best of luck to you!!!

Flower
02-22-2008, 12:46 PM
Congrats Michelle!!!!

(I saw your FB status and thought you may have written what was up over here!!!! I thought maybe you had put in for a job 'back home' and got it)

mouseaddict
02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement! I will probably spend the next two weeks panicking about what I have done!

Congrats on the
new job! It's so easy to fall into that rut and stay (that would be me - nearly 17 yrs and counting!). Best of luck to you!!!
Thanks Kathy. I don't mind staying at the same place for a long time. I was just so upset with management and their lack of support. I got the impression from the interview that management is a little more in tune with their employees. I guess we will see!

Congrats Michelle!!!!

(I saw your FB status and thought you may have written what was up over here!!!! I thought maybe you had put in for a job 'back home' and got it)

I would love to be back home. My ultimate goal is to wind up back in Canada..but with the housing market and economy not doing so well, I just can't pick up and move.
The hardest part of all of this will be putting Mackenzie in day care. I will not have as much alone time with her, but I will have A LOT more family time. Here you just jumped through hoops to stay at home with Ben and I am actually going to spend less time with my baby..bad mommy!

MsMin
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I think you've already made the hardest decision and that's the change itself. :pixie: for your new job and sure there may be moments of "why did I do this" but may they be only fleeting and hoping you love your new job!

Kairi_7378
02-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Best of luck with your new job! I hope that the new place provides the environment that you want to be in. I'm sure it was a difficult decision to put your daughter in daycare, but she will have a happier mom at the end of the day.