PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Hail to the chief...

Dr_Nigel_C
02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Hello, everyone -- Happy Friday!

Break out the streamers, turn up the music, time to party...it's George Washington's Birthday! :flag:

That's right...our 1st President was born this day way back in 1732. :old: In honor of his big day, here are some little known facts:

- George Washington had no children
- He didn't have a set of wooden teeth
- He invented the Internet

That's the truth, I swear! ;-)

Last but not least, here's the Drink-of-the-day (tm):

COLONIAL COCKTAIL

1 1/2 oz. Gin
1/2 oz. Grapefruit Juice
1 tsp. Maraschino Cherry
1 Olive

Shake all ingredients (except olive) with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Add the olive and serve.

Have a great day, everyone...see ya next time!

RedheadWriter
02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
:thumbsup:Are Al Gore and George going to be sparring over who invented the internet?
HAPPY DAY, everyone!!!!

alpro2
02-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Happy Friday everyone and enjoy the well-deserved weekend! :beer:

Caroleh
02-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone!!! Have a great day and weekend!!!

JanetMegan
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Cherry and olive? Holy cow where did you get that one? How about just some good ol tequila? Straight up!

$ is a little tight here so I looked to see what was on sale and saw that pork was on sale, so I brought pork...where do you want me to put the pig?

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2008, 09:15 AM
:sing: Hail to the Chief, He's the Chief and He needs hailing! :sing:

That was a line from that movie with Jack Lemmon and James Garner "My Fellow Americans" .... hilarious.

Happy President's Day! We don't have a President, so we will party vicariously through you!

disneydrmr
02-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Happy Friday! Due to our weather and road conditions I better pass on the drink today.. may I have some hot chocolate instead? Hope everyone has safe and wonderful weekends!

MsMin
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Cherry and olive? Holy cow where did you get that one? How about just some good ol tequila? Straight up!

$ is a little tight here so I looked to see what was on sale and saw that pork was on sale, so I brought pork...where do you want me to put the pig?
I couldn't agree more Cherry and olive -- yuck.. I say we substitute the olive for a blueberry and make it a little more patriotic.
and Janet let's wake up Bret and get him to fire up the grill for that pork before we get any more hail.
Diane, hot chocolate, seriously is it still that cold up there? I know I shouldn't tease, my son is in Baltimore this wknd and the weathers is bad there too. Looks like spring here :flower: my sweetpeas are about 5" tall right now.
Rob I don't know why you are hoping for hail.
My dd's vet school interview is today @ 1:30 central time so give me :marg: 3 to start the morning! ( I know I posted it was the 21st but it's the 22nd) What do mom's know...

PirateLover
02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Hmm... grapefruit juice... olives... I think I'll just stick with a Sam Adams winter brew if I'm going to go colonial style. :party::thumbsup:

Dr_Nigel_C
02-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Hmm... grapefruit juice... olives... I think I'll just stick with a Sam Adams winter brew if I'm going to go colonial style. :party::thumbsup:

I'm with you! :secret:

Hope everyone is having a great day so far -- drinks are on the way! :marg::beer:

Nascfan
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

Beth, yes, it's still that cold up here. We haven't been above freezing for a week, and that includes our highs! If we're lucky, we MIGHT see 37 this weekend. We won't hardly get a sniff of spring until at least mid April. And before you say "I don't know how you do it", neither do I. Haha!

Have a great weekend everybody!

vizsla
02-22-2008, 05:20 PM
:beer:Happy Friday Everyone:beer:

SgtTigger
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Happy Friday

I hope everyone is having a good day.......

Or a great day.......

I hope everyone has a great weekend......

:cop: :tigger:

drummerboy
02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
That's right...our 1st President was born this day way back in 1732. :old:

I remember little Georgie. We used to laugh at that powdered wig he wore to school.

COLONIAL COCKTAIL

1 1/2 oz. Gin
1/2 oz. Grapefruit Juice
1 tsp. Maraschino Cherry
1 Olive

Shake all ingredients (except olive) with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Add the olive and serve.

That one started out so good until the olive came in. :sick:

HAPPY FRIDAY anyway. Hope it's been a good one.