PDA

View Full Version : Worst Urgent Care Clinic!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-22-2008, 02:46 AM
So I went to the Stone Urgent Care in Nashville and saw the worst doctor I've ever seen. I had called my physician and he wanted me to go to an Urgent Care and get a flu test. I told the staff as soon as I got there that I was there to get a rapid flu test.

The place is dirty. The only bathroom doesn't have a working sink. They set sterile items where bio-hazards had been placed and used a pair of gloves that were just sitting on a counter.

After all this they draw a vial of blood for metabolics and the doctor says they don't have a rapid flu test and they aren't willing to send in a swab.

So how is she going to be able to tell if I have the flu?

I have never been to such a terrible clinic. To top it off she was incredible rude.

I just had to share my story. Anyone else ever had an experience like this?

NotaGeek
02-22-2008, 03:22 AM
I don't know anyone that loves Urgent Care, and there are TOO many stories about dirty badly run Urgent Care places. The two words are kind of an Oxymoron ... so if I am SO sick that I feel Urgent Care is the only option, I would go to the Hospital. Sorry you had a bad experience, it's not a fun thing to have to deal with that AND be sick.

BronxTigger
02-22-2008, 06:09 AM
I would really report them to the health department or whatever jurisdiction covers them. From what you said, it sounds like there are some critical health violations that need to be brought to somebody's attention.

And the city where I grew up had 2 urgent care centers that I went to several times growing up that were both very clean and very well run. So, it is possible.

Not2Loud
02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
I have never had that happen, although I have only been to Urgent Care once.

We had a friend take her DD6 last week to one late at night and she absolutely thought they did a great job.

So there is hope!

Kairi_7378
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
I have been to free health clinics that have been very clean and proofessional. There is no excuse for what you were subjected to. BronxTigger is right... call the health department!

And I hope that you get well soon! :ill:

SBETigg
02-22-2008, 09:04 AM
We don't even have Urgent Care clinics in our area. There's the doctor's office, and the hospital ER. And our hospitals are actually very well-maintained. Sorry about your bad experience.

ncscgirl2005
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry you had such an terrible time. It amazes me that your doc even asked you to go there. The docs at my job loathe those places. But anyhoo, maybe you should report them.

alphamommy
02-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I took DH to an urgent care once (he was having an allergic reaction to an antibiotic), and it was clean and well-run (just slow).

The ER near our previous house was HORRIBLE. It wasn't dirty, but was very unorganized, slow, etc. We took my mom there three times, and they had to ambulance her to another hospital each time - twice their X-ray machine was broken, and the other time she had broken her hip, and the orthopedic surgeon on call would not leave a basketball game to come look at her X-rays to see if she needed surgery. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to that hospital!

I agree that the place you went to should be reported.

Hope you feel better soon!

Tammy

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd definitely report them. There is NO excuse for that. You are risking your life going there with the unsafe practices.

jillluvsdisney
02-23-2008, 02:06 PM
We don't have Urgent Care clinics here either. 2 of the 3 hospitals here in town have walk in clinics attatched to the ER. The triage nurse decides if you need walk in or ER based on your complaint and symptoms. It's always worked well for me.