PDA

View Full Version : How many days?

Tinks my favorite
02-21-2008, 06:56 PM
We are booking our trip in 2 weeks! YEAH! We have planned it for 14 days, 2 being travel. Is 12 days too much for all the parks plus Sea World?:mickey:

PetefromRI
02-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Congrats on your first post and welcome to Intercot!Are you driving from Canada and if so do you mean 2 days traveling each way?I'm getting tired just thinking about that.
12 days in Disney sounds good.You can do SeaWorld in a day as long as your there for opening hour.SeaWorld is awesome.It's nice to stay longer so that you can do a few R&R days at the resort.Where are you staying and when are you going?

GrmGrninGost
02-21-2008, 07:13 PM
The most days we have been able to fit into a vacation is 9. We spent all 9 at the parks. At the end, we still hadn't done everything and seen everything we wanted to. We were sorry to leave, and started planning our next trip on the way back home. I guess what I'm saying is, for my family, there is no "too much time" for WDW! I would love to have a month in one stretch to enjoy and explore the WDW property! I feel like when that time was up, I would still be sorry to leave! :mickey:

Tinks my favorite
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the welcome! We will be flying. We went to book today for the end of January 2009 but found out we are about 2 weeks ahead of the rates so we have to wait 2 weeks to book. We are a family of 5 and are planning to stay at the All Star Music family suites. I have read and read about where to stay and this is the place that will work for us and our budget. Besides, we don't plan on spending a lot of time in our room!

Universal was on our list but our kids aren't much into roller coasters and to do Universal and Islands it would be $400 and I would rather spend that elsewhere! We are also planning on going to the Medieval times one night!

So much info, I am glad that I started a year ahead to plan it.:cloud9:

princessjojo
02-21-2008, 07:51 PM
:welcome:Last time we went we were there for 9 days and hated to leave, though by this time we were missing home just a little. We were all tired of each other just a little.

This year, we are going for 10 days, and will have my sister and her 2 kids, along with my baby sister for a few days. I have found myself actually saying out loud, will we actually have time to do this or that. We wanted to do the water parks, but decided against it, since we will use the pools as our water day to just sit, relax, and de-stress from the hustle and bustle of the parks. But we will also go to the parks that evening after we eat dinner.

Is 12 days too long, I don't think so. But I would plan a rest day about 1/4 of the way through the vacation and another about 3/4 of the way through just to rejuvenate your self. You will thank yourself later, as will your feet and body.

Donald
02-21-2008, 08:31 PM
:welcome:

Twelve days sounds awesome. Just enough time to enjoy everything at an easy pace.

I have heard that the Medieval dinner show is a lot of fun! Enjoy the jousting!

Happy planning and have a great time!

#1donaldfan
02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
:fworks::welcome::fworks:

12 days will be GREAT !!!!! Have you checked into POR AB ??? They have rooms for 5, and if I'm not too far off, I think it's about the same rate between POR and the suites???? Plus, POR is a mod and much less crowded and hetic?? Anyway, you'll have a great time and surely won't want to leave after the 12 days. Like someone said above.....we too start plannig our next trip on the drive back home......a little crazy, I know.............

Tinks my favorite
02-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the input on resorts. Our kids will be 13, 11 and 7 at the time of our trip. We feel that it would not be good for them to share a bed due to not settling down etc. So this way, they will have their own bed plus we will have 2 bathrooms and lots of room.

DNS
02-22-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't think 12 days is too long at all. There are so many things to do at and around Disney I can't imagine running out of things even in a month. One thing is that you will have time to take in more than just the parks. Maybe rent a boat one day, dinner shows, miniature golf horseback riding, behind the scenes tours. And those are just some suggestions on Disney property. And Sea World is awesome! Sounds to me like you have an wonderful trip planned.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-22-2008, 01:48 PM
I don't think it's too much. My DH and I typically go for 10 days and don't go to any other parks outside of Disney.

Aunt Terri
02-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Me and DH are only going for 6 nights and 7 days (really only 6 days.. got to get up at 3am to catch flight back home) I wish we could have longer because there is still so much that i want to get done.. but that is what the next few trips are for... only 21 more days:joy:

Tinkerfreak
02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I think 12 days will be wonderful. It gives enough time to do what you want to without rushing. You can take a couple of days to relax by the pool etc.
The longest we have been able to go for is 7 nights/8 days. We take our kids out of school and more than one week is just too much for them to make up when they get back.
Enjoy your trip!!!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Hello to a fellow Canadian!

I don't think that 12 days is too long at all. We usually stay 7 - 8 days, and never get a chance to do everything we want to do. The extra time will allow you to take a break when you need it, and see almost everything that you want to do (there is never enough time for EVERYTHING at Disney).

Enjoy the planning for your trip...it is so exciting!

wedway76
02-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I don’t think that is too long at all. We've done several 12 day trips. The best thing about long trips is you can take your time, relax and not be a slave to your itinerary.

Tinks my favorite
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
It is crazy to read your responses and see how many times some of you have been to WDW. This will be our one and only trip! It costs way to much to go for the 5 of us! This has been a dream of mine since we had kids. Now they are old enough to enjoy it. It brings tears to my eyes (I know, big sap!) just to imagine their faces the first time they see it all! I tear up when we watch the dang dvd!

You, that get to go more than once, you just don't know how lucky you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

DreamFinder2
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I think you're addressing this question to the wrong group of people...

...would any of us at Intercot say 12 days at WDW is too much???

Not me :mickey:.

The most we've ever gotten to stay is 7 nights, and that was several years back, so I'm more-than-envious to say the least. Enjoy planning your trip!