PDA

View Full Version : Camp Inch

jenash10
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine and I are huge fans of The Parent Trap and always go into raptures talking about how great it would have been to go to camp someplace like Camp Inch. So I have two questions:
1) Does Disney own/operate any camps for children (similar to Camp Inch or the Triple R)?
2) And does anyone know of any camps with a similar look/feel to Camp Inch/Triple R?

We are both well past "camping" age, but I would like my kids to have that kind of camp experience.

Thanks!

Jennifer S.
Arlington, VA

goofy for pluto
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
:welcome: TO INTERCOT Jenash10 !!

While I can not help you with a camp, I just wanted to say that The parent Trap with Haley Mills, and Haley Mills is my favorite movie and I always thought about Camp Inch would have been a wonderful way to spend a summer as a young girl, :pine: :cowgirl:

and with the Thunder Head Boys Camp on the next hill top over. :cloud9:

TikiGoddess
02-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't think Disney has something like this, but boy, it sounds like a good idea!

Think about how cool the kids clubs are on the cruise ships... multiply that by an entire week, and put it in a gorgeous setting in the woods by a lake.

It would be expensive but worth it!
TikiG

jpH/keD
02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
There is a tiny camp similar to this in West Virginia in a small town called Alderson, WV. Sadly I think it's only a boys camp.It is located on the pristine Green Briar river! It's a darling little town too! With a Main Street and everything! We always got stuck there on the way home from my grandmother's home on the 4th of July because they close the main road for the parade!! I am still searching for Camp Inch for my DD7! Good luck! :thumbsup:

jenash10
02-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info on the Boys Camp! It's called Camp Greenbrier and looks terrific (they even have Tent Cleaning and Inspection, but I didn't see anything about demerits or uniforms - probably a good thing). As it turns out I have a son, so it works for me (and I live near DC so it's also geographically convenient), but my friend has two daughters so I would still love to hear from anyone else who knows of great Girls' camps.