PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Attraction

rookie
02-21-2008, 04:45 PM
I think this could be an absolutely fantastic addition. Instead of compaining about the upcoming attraction let's work on a few tweaks to make it more appealing to the masses.

Here is a start:

Imagine entering the theatre to watch the days final 12 contestants compete.

First up King Louie singing "I want to be a man"
Next is Cinderella
Next is Dutchess with Scat Cat and his band
then Sabastian
followed by Aurora...

The judges would be Statler and Waldorf from Muppets along with Minnie (got to have someone overly positive here).

So what would you have this look like?

bfbulldog
02-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry, just because you wish it to be a good idea, doesn't mean it is.

This thing is gonna be a train wreck. How they're going to make something like this even slightly interesting in the 15 minutes or so each show wil last is beyond me?

You're not gonna have cast members insulting guests, so what's the point of the whole thing? Is there a winner, do you come back and compete against other people? I don't get it?

Finally, this thing is the definition of one and done, there's no repeatability factor for this thing. It's totally lame and they should've thought of something more interesting to put in that studio.

The last thing the studio needs is another Sounds Dangerous snore fest. But that's what this is gonna be.

DDuck66
02-22-2008, 09:20 AM
The fascination of American Idol that draws the crowds is the build up of the competition over many weeks. As they get down to smaller and smaller groups of contestants, the intensity and tension gets higher and higher. I do not see how Disney will be able to capture that excitement over a day.... based on the ideas I have seen on this post, others, and the original announcement, I am afraid we are in for a drastic disappointment.
Also, what happens when some cute little "princess" or "prince" is a horrible performer, and WDW's American Idol breaks her heart.
I hope that they are able to come up with a workable plan, but I have my fears.

jszczur5
02-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Where exactly is it going to be located?

dumbo ears
02-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I personally think the attraction could either bomb or become the new most popular attraction in wdw.