PDA

View Full Version : Bus Stop at Theme Park ??

ltam16
02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this should go here or in accomodations...

Are the bus stops for the hotels at the theme parks all in the same order? Are the Deluxes usally the closest/values the furthest? Any one base their stay at a particular resort on this?

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
There's no rhyme or reason to it at all! What may be closest at one may be nearly the furthest at another.

MOJoe
02-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think they are laid out that way. For one thing, the design of the stops are not the same, so they can't be identical. And i never noticed that they are in any type of order. Maybe i just overlooked it if they are. Because, honestly, it would never even occur to me to base my resort choice on 20 fewer (or more) steps to a bus.

PetefromRI
02-21-2008, 04:32 PM
From what I can see,the Deluxe resorts seem to be closest,then the mods,then the values and whatever mod I'm staying at (LOL).

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 04:35 PM
At the MK, the Values are the furthest. The other parks don't seem to to follow any specific pattern.

NJRRK
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
MGM (ok DHS) the Contemporary stop is further away than Pop or AS's

GrumpyFan
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
This reminds me of an annoyance with the Bus Stop numbering scheme. If memory serves me correctly, they are all different. It would make a lot more sense to me if they were in some kind of logical order or always numbered the same at each park.

For example: The stop for Pop Century Century is 9 at DHS, 12 at AK, 8 at DTD, 12 at Epcot, and I think 18 or 19 at MK. It's just crazy. Why can't they make it the same number for all of these, or at least for the major parks? This way, it's one less thing for you and the bus drivers to have to remember. So, regardless of what park or location you go to, your return trip will always be bus stop x.

However, I will acknowledge, that there are plenty of signs and arrows directing you to the appropriate location. It just seems like this is one are where Disney could improve on.

CleveRocks
02-21-2008, 06:40 PM
It's common to perceive patterns where there are none, especially when we have pre-conceived notions.

There is no pattern to the bus slots.

And the order at each park changes several times a year. My trips tend to be about every 18 months. Since this question pops up every now and then, I specifically pay attention to this kinda stuff.

#1donaldfan
02-21-2008, 06:49 PM
I've never really thought about it too much.....we've always stayed at POR and it's the furtherest away at all of 'em......so with it being a mod, it doesn't fit the mode of deluxe, to mod, to value....??????

chick20679
02-22-2008, 07:32 AM
On our last trip, our bus stop at Epcot for POFQ changed... one night it was closer, the next night much further away. We figure they must swap them around so that no one hotel guest always has to walk to the furthest stop. Not sure if that's the case, but...

ltam16
02-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was just curious about it. I thought I remembered it varying from park to park.