PDA

View Full Version : Parade Viewing question...

Hog Wild
02-21-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm working on planning our first trip to DL and DCA. We are huge WDW fans and are trying to learn as much as possible about DL. In doing my homework I've run across something that I just don't understand. At WDW the parade starts at point A and move to point B, which is where the parade ends. In reading about DL and DCA parades, it seems that the parades stop? So will you see the whole parade if you stay in one location? Or are you expected to run around to each of these stops? Also, Where is the best spot for viewing and photographing the parades (both parks). I like to be situated where the parade is going to be turning toward me, where I can get on an angel so that the "floats" are almost squared up to me. If you've ever been to WDW my parade watching spot is on the hub side of the divide between frountier land and where the hall of presidents is. They also have lights up there to light up the walk way at night, so it helps with the night time parade photos.

Any suggestions?

Blue Genie
02-21-2008, 08:12 PM
I see the Parade of Dreams alot and the place I stand at to see the Parade is in Main Street by the Coke Cola or Photo shop place. The reason why I go there is you get to see 2 show stop shows there. You get to see the first float stop which is Peter Pan's float as I call it were you have the following characters there. Peter,Tink,Blue Fairy,Mearyweather,Flora,Fanuna and Fairy Godmother. Sometimes Merlin comes by if Fairy Godmother or Blue Fairy isn't there. And the other show stop is the end which is the Princess Aurora/Mickey Float which contend the follwing characters. Cinderella,Snow White,Princess Aurora,Donald Duck,Mickey,Minnie,Chip,Dale,Pluto,Goofy,Grumpy,Sl eepy,Dopey,Doc,Bashful,Sneezy, & Happy. This is on Disneyland side. Now for DCA right now there is no parades other then the Main Street Parade that I still like to call it. There is a new Parade coming to DCA in March 14th I believe but I don't know were the show stops if there is any will be at. One more thing. The Lion King float is right before Aurora's & Mickey's float and when they do the show stop the Lion King float is pretty cool. They have rope girls on the end of the float and they spin around on the float. If you miss the day flaot which is at 3:30 there is another one at 6:30. The one at 3:30 comes from Small World to Main Street. and the 6:30 Parade goes from Main Street to Small WORLD. They all are very beautyful floats and they have differnt thens on them. Lion King's Ariel's and Alice's float also race up when they do the show stops. So hope this helps. Oh one more then here is the order of the float that they go in.

Peter Pan
Belle
Pinocchio
Ariel
Ursula
Alice
Lion King
Princess Aurora/Mickey float

NotaGeek
02-22-2008, 01:33 AM
I'm working on planning our first trip to DL and DCA. We are huge WDW fans and are trying to learn as much as possible about DL. In doing my homework I've run across something that I just don't understand. At WDW the parade starts at point A and move to point B, which is where the parade ends. In reading about DL and DCA parades, it seems that the parades stop? So will you see the whole parade if you stay in one location? Or are you expected to run around to each of these stops? Also, Where is the best spot for viewing and photographing the parades (both parks). I like to be situated where the parade is going to be turning toward me, where I can get on an angel so that the "floats" are almost squared up to me. If you've ever been to WDW my parade watching spot is on the hub side of the divide between frountier land and where the hall of presidents is. They also have lights up there to light up the walk way at night, so it helps with the night time parade photos.

Any suggestions?

The Parade has several "stops" during the run ... during each parade stop there is a dance sequence for all of the characters and CMs in the Parade of Dreams and the floats have different action to go with the dance sequence.

I always like to stand on main street of in front of Carnation Cafe ... if you want a place that the floats will be head-on you can stand in the hub facing the walkway to the Matterhorn as that's the Parade route (or on the opposite side depending on which way the parade is routed). You will see all the floats, if you stand near Coke Corner, as Blue Genie said, you will see 2 parade stops, but either way you will see all the floats, and yes, at night the streets light up with stage lighting.

By the way, I LOVE the Parade of Dreams! :mickey:

Belle619
02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
:ditto:

I am also a fan of watching the Parade of Dreams on Main Street. The first time we went, we sat at the hub area, however the lighting seemed to be from behind and therefore our pics came out dark. The second time we sat by the photo shop and the lighting was better and there was also the added benefit of being by the stops that Blue Genie mentioned.

The parade is really amazing, so I would just recommend getting a seat early so that you'll be able to see everything! :mickey:

Jozymouse
03-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi!

We will be visiting Disneyland in December 08 and I was wondering if the Xmas parade has show stops too? Thank you!!!!!! :mickey:

tinkwest
03-26-2008, 01:06 PM
The Christmas Fantasy Parade is a continuous parade, no show stops. It moves along slowly though, so at times it almost seems to come to a stand still. Just long enough so you get a good look at everything. One of my favorite parades. :sleigh: