PDA

View Full Version : Sushi fans

JohnnyJayhawk
02-21-2008, 12:13 PM
If you enjoy sushi and haven't tried Tokyo Dining yet you are missing out. Wonderful maki, generous portions, and reasonable prices make for a winning combination. I don't remember it being this good before the refurb.

ginger19
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I absolutely agree! We thought it was fantastic and can't wait to go again. We had not tried it before the refurb so I'm not sure how it compares but the food was excellent :thumbsup:

Jared
02-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the review. I absolutely love sushi and always had high expectations for the Japan pavilion of World Showcase. I still wish Yakitori House, or some other counter service option, had better sushi options. It would be wonderful to grab a couple pieces of nigiri or a roll for lunch.

DisneyDD2
02-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the tip JJ! We, too, love sushi. Sounds like a place we should try out.

hoop de do
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Sounds fishy to me. :shark: "Just Kiddin'"
Thanks for the post. We are going in June and can't wait. It's great to hear the positive posts. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Crow
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
i loved the lounge & hope to try the Tokyo dining next week.
Im glad to hear its good.
CA Grill is the best sushi Ive come across so far & hope it compares. Ive also tried Kimonos & liked it.

AuntLaura
02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Silly question, but do they serve anything at Tokyo Dining besides sushi, like tempura or teriyaki? Some of our group want to eat there in April and we need to decide whether the non-sushi eaters in our family will want to eat there with us or not. Thanks.

Crow
02-22-2008, 07:38 AM
yep
check out the menus they have tempura etc

PetefromRI
02-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Ditto on the Sushi at Tokyo Dining.What a beautiful restaurant.It just may be a must do every trip.I have to agree with Crow,CA Grill was the best sushi that we've ever had anywhere.

Duchess99
02-22-2008, 04:45 PM
The only sushi I've had at WDW was at CA Grill...AMAZING! I'm very interested in trying Tokyo now.
I didn't see a menu up in the the menus section. Does anyone have a link or a menu?

TFrauts
02-22-2008, 04:54 PM
how does the dining plan work there?? would one of the combination platters for 25.00 be considered a dinner for ts....

Jimenyfan
02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I really want to love Sushi, but other than california rolls I cant bring myself to try anything with raw fish. DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary with dinner at Cali Grill and the sushi offerings look so good but I just dont know.

wedway fan
02-23-2008, 12:52 PM
where exactly is tokyo dining? and do they have any takeout/counter service option? if not, any recommendations for decent counter service sushi in the World?

inquiring sushi-loving minds want to know!

Crow
02-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Tokyo Dining is on the 2nd floor of the Japanese Pavilion.
not takeout there but Yakitori House across the courtyard is a counter service w sushi. Not as good as other places wo takeout though.
Id say eat at Tokyo Dining, Ca Grill or Kimonos

Mikey Piano 23
02-24-2008, 08:32 PM
MMMMMMMMM. Love sushi. Cali grill has the most amazing sushi I have ever had but its lots of $$$$

JohnnyJayhawk
02-26-2008, 06:12 PM
I really want to love Sushi, but other than california rolls I cant bring myself to try anything with raw fish. DH and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary with dinner at Cali Grill and the sushi offerings look so good but I just dont know.

The only raw stuff DW will eat on occasion is spicy tuna and salmon. She usually just eats the maki with cooked ingredients. There are plenty of rolls with no raw fish on the menu.