PDA

View Full Version : If we check in before birthday is my son 2 the whole trip?

ChewyStriker
02-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Mods - please move if this is not the correct place for this.

Just wondering if anyone can clue me in on Disney's current policy on birthdays. We will check in at OKW on May 25 and my son will turn 3 on May 28. Is he, ticket-wise and meal-wise, considered two the whole trip?

We want to acknowledge his birthday while we're there and are renting points. When the person we're renting from tried to note the birthday on our reservation, the CM warned her if we did it, our son would need to pay admission to the parks from his birthday on.

Any input would be appreciated.:party:

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 09:51 AM
It's always been my understanding that a child is considered as being the same age as check-in for the entire trip regardless of whether he/she turns 3 or 10 during that trip. You shouldn't have to pay for your son if he turns 3 in the middle of your vacation.

mickey&missy
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
It's always been my understanding that a child is considered as being the same age as check-in for the entire trip regardless of whether he/she turns 3 or 10 during that trip. You shouldn't have to pay for your son if he turns 3 in the middle of your vacation.

That's my understanding of it too. My DD will turn 7 March 9th, we arrive March 8th. When making all the reservations and ADR's I told the CM that she would be turning 7 during the trip. I was told that if she was 6 when we checked in she was 6 for the trip.

Have a magical trip and an early :birthday: to your DS!

Jasper
02-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Our experience also has been that you are the age as of the date of check-in. Of course, things can always change so it may make sense to contact central reservations and ask that question.

wedway76
02-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Our experience also has been that you are the age as of the date of check-in.

That is GREAT news! Iam supposed to turn 50 in November. If I check in the day before my birthday and stay in WDW forever I will will stay 49? Woohooooo!!!

I guess Ponce de Leon was looking in the right place!

mickey&missy
02-21-2008, 10:52 AM
That is GREAT news! Iam supposed to turn 50 in November. If I check in the day before my birthday and stay in WDW forever I will will stay 49? Woohooooo!!!

:funny::funny:

gardenia
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
My son was turning 18 in the middle of a December visit. I booked at Boardwalk Inn and was told I would be charged for the extra adult for the DURATION of the stay even though he would be only 17 when we arrived. After mulling it over for a while, I cancelled that reservation and booked online at the Dolphin for a MUCH better rate and no additional charge. I asked at the desk at the Dolphin and they said age at checkin applies! I think I got an overzealous CM when booking the BWI, so beware.

Jasper
02-21-2008, 11:53 AM

Oh, very good!! I guess I didn't really think that statement completely through did I?

I think I got an overzealous CM when booking the BWI, so beware.

You are correct that sometimes even the cast members don't always give you the same answer every time. But all in all central reservations is still your best chance of getting the correct answer.

thrillme
02-21-2008, 12:25 PM

HA HA I like that one. Actually I quit when I was 25...figured that was enough. I blew up my Microwave while warming up my bunny slippers. Decided I didn't need anymore birthdays. I haven't blown up a microwave since.

#1donaldfan
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
First I've heard of that!!! I understand that the age you go in, is what you are the entire trip.....how would they "prorate" that anyway??? just doesn't make good sense ?? I think you'll be fine though......

Magic Smiles
02-21-2008, 05:51 PM

If this is the case, WDW should be packed with me and my co-workers next year. Love this theory!:thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
02-21-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't know how it is at WDW resorts, but I know for airlines, if a kid is 1 when you depart and turns 2 before your return flight, you have to pay for him.

Aurora
02-21-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know how it is at WDW resorts, but I know for airlines, if a kid is 1 when you depart and turns 2 before your return flight, you have to pay for him.

That policy makes more sense, because he doesn't actually turn one year older while ON the flight. If he did, (like if you flew the red-eye and on midnight your child turned 2) you certainly wouldn't have to suddenly dig in your pocket and hand over the extra cash to the stewardess. ;)