PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's versus 1900 Park Fare for toddler?

WDWFan2005
02-21-2008, 05:12 AM
Hi all! I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on Chef Mickey's at Contemporary versus 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for a character dinner buffet with my little boy toddler (less than 2 years old).

FYI, other suggestions are of course very welcome, but we already have ADRs for Hollywood and Vine breakfast (with playhouse disney characters), have ADR for Crystal Palace breakfast, and have already tried many times Boma, Cape May Cafe, and Ohana. Not too interested in going to the whispering canyon at this time.

All comments appreciated!

WDWFan2005

pooh0601
02-21-2008, 06:53 AM
We have a 3y/o and 1y/o and they like the characters at Chef Mickey's better. The food is probably better at 1900 Park Fare though, we enjoy their made to order omelette station there. But the kids don't care for Mad Hatter and Alice. They do like Pooh & Tigger though at 1900. So we usually end up at Chef Mickey's breakfast each time unless we do a dinner there and then we'll do 1900 park fare breakfast.

IamaDisneyFan
02-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Chef Mickey's is definitely the one I would choose with a toddler. The character interaction seems longer. It seems as if there are more characters coming around, and they get to you faster and usually 2 different times, depending on how long you stay. Plus, you get pictures with Mickey and Minnie! We were at 1900 about a month ago and had to wait 1 1/2 hours for Prince Charming. For the wait, we got about 1 minute of face time. The other characters had gone around 2 times by that point. I don't know if the Prince was having an off night, but he didn't seem too princely with my girls.

CanadianWDWFan
02-21-2008, 08:44 AM
My DS4 has been going to Chef Mickey's since he was 6 months old. He has loved it every time.

Last trip we tried 1900 Park Fare for a change. Well both our boys (9 and 4) had a great time with the Mad Hatter. But I think that was only because he made my oldest spill his chocolate milk all over himself!

Even though our boys did like 190o Park Fare, they prefer the food and the character interaction at Chef Mickey's.

Jared
02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Chef Mickey's is one of the loudest and most popular character meals in Disney. It's always packed with kids, and the atmosphere is perfect for a toddler. The food is only mediocre, but your expectations shouldn't be too high, anyway.

You'll have a great time!

scootch713
02-21-2008, 09:37 AM
My girls have loved, LOVED Chef Mickey's since they were 2 and 4. This past year at 5 and 7 we did 1900 Park Fare. It was just ok, my kids were bummed we didn't do Chef Mickey's again. Hands down, if i had a small one, it would be Chef Mickey's. We are definitely going there this year. :mickey:

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 10:32 AM
We've done both for dinner - the food at 1900 PF was a little better, both were crowded but Chef Mickey's was noisier, characters were good at both. A boy may prefer Mickey and the rest of the Fab Five to Cinderella, her step-sisters, and Prince Charming but sometimes little boys really like those Princesses kisses!

tarzan_rocks
02-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Between the two, I’d give a slight nod to Chef Mickey’s for the experience. Both are on our “to do just about every trip” list with our two (two and five years).

Let me also offer this advice for dining with toddlers. We have found that it can be more enjoyable to dine at family style all-you-can eat places rather than buffets. With buffets, we feel like we never see each other because we have to take turns going to the buffet while someone is sitting with the kids. When they bring the food to you, we get to enjoy the experience all together.

Our favorite family style is ‘Ohana, but they only do the character experience for breakfast. Garden Grill and Liberty Tree both have family style character dinners.

tr

GrmGrninGost
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I think a lot of it will depend on which characters your child enjoys. I'm sure my son would pick Chef Mickeys, especially for breakfast. My daughter on the other hand would prefer 1900 Park Fare. As far as the food, for dinner, I think 1900 PF is better. For breakfast, I would pick Chef Mickeys. Either way, they are both very good! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Chef Mickey's for a boy !!!! He'll love Goofy and the rest....we had a blast there !!!!!