PDA

View Full Version : What do you think our chances are . . .

Janmac
02-20-2008, 09:57 PM
of getting a ground floor 2 bedroom at OKW?

My sister got an exchange into OKW for Sept 08 for her, her daughter, and her granddaughter, me, DH and our grandson.

We're going to request ground floor as DH has 70+ year old knees that would get very cranky climbing very many stairs.

Also, has anyone checked in earlier than 4 pm?

TIA

Jan

mouse-logic
02-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Occasionally you can get in to DVC early. I have once at BWV.

Certainly request a ground floor villa...both before you arrive, and early in the day of your arrival. They will do their best to accommodate you. But they do not assign rooms until you actually check in.

dlpmikki
02-21-2008, 12:18 PM
They also have a couple of buildings with elevators which you could request as an alternative.

Janmac
02-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks mouse-logic. Good to know about room assignment times.

Mikki - now that you mention that, seems I remember something about newer bldgs having elevators. I'm thinking 62, 63 and 64?

We're pretty excited to be staying at OKW.

Jan

TinaT
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Tell member services why you need first floor, let them know that it is for medical reasons. We did this for my mother because she cannot walk far, they noted on the reservation that it was needed for medical purposes and told us that it was almost guaranteed that way.

MinnieMommie
02-23-2008, 02:37 PM
If your DH has a medical reason for needing 1st floor you will likely find that DVC will be accomodating. I would call first and have them write your request and reason for the request into your reservation and also ask if they would like you to bring a MD note.

I stayed at Beach Club in January and we were placed in our room as soon as we checked in (to our surprise). I think it is hard to predict how long the wait will be. I have experienced both extremes. :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-25-2008, 09:01 PM
You can check-in any time, but may not be able to use your villa right away.
I would check-in as early as you can though, since we have found that your chance of getting your requests get slimmer as the day goes on.
We always request 1st floor when my M-I-L or mother are with because they are both getting up in yrs. The only time we had a problem was last June when we arrived very late and had to settle for a 2nd floor for one night because that was the only 2 BR still available at that time. They did move us to the 1st floor the next day though.

Janmac
03-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks to everyone who has replied. It is good to know information. We seem to get busier and busier and I have not been able to get on the boards for awhile.

We are really looking forward to staying at OKW.

Jan