PDA

View Full Version : Best park to wander around in

dumbo ears
02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
I was just wondering what park do I like to just walk around and wander in and not focus on rides but just see the shops and other attractions. It was actually tough for me but I had to chose Epcot just because of world showcase. Im wondering what are your favorites?

disneydeb
02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
That's it!:thumbsup:

jakeybake
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Easily Epcot given World Showcase and the layout of the park.

Jay

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-20-2008, 06:35 PM
World showcase hands down!

cgriff
02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
DAK was made for wandering. So lush and maximally themed. And there are so many little off-the-beaten-path places to find yourself, especially in Harambi and the Oasis areas. And of course there are the walking trails...

cgriff

mrsgaribaldi
02-20-2008, 06:54 PM
I went with Epcot too:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 07:28 PM
They ALL are! I honestly cannot pick just one!

I love walking around the trails of AK.

I love walking through World Showcase and meandering through each pavilion.

I love walking around MK trying to find things I haven't noticed before.

And MGM, well, this one isn't as conducive to wandering for me. I'm not a big movie person.

kathiep
02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
I had to say Epcot. We spend all day doing family oriented activities and love every minute of it.

But in the evenings, we generally have dinner reservations somewhere in Epcot and love just wandering through World Showcase.

Stan
02-20-2008, 07:41 PM
They ALL are! I honestly cannot pick just one!

I agree. I voted MK just because when I have time to kill (before or after meeting a client) & I'm carrying too much to ride what appeals (& I'm too cheap to pay for a locker or too lazy to walk to the front of the park :D) it's still fun to wander around- good excuse for an orange/vanilla cone behind the Aladdin ride (I prefer those to Dole whips :faint: plus the line is usually shorter).

Gator
02-20-2008, 07:53 PM
I ALMOST picked AK because of all the long and beautiful trails. But Epcot has so much entertainment and brilliant architecture, I have to go with that one. Plus, they have a place to stop, rest, and down a Beverly or two :secret:

Wrigley
02-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Epcot for me too!:thumbsup: I just LOVE Epcot and especially the World Showcase. It is so nice to just wander through and check out all of the pavilions and see the little performances along the way. :mickey:

brianlw71
02-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Epcot

chrisb26
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Epcot is great to walk around in Especially the World Showcase :)

IloveDisney71
02-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I voted for AK. I love the "feel" of the park with all of the plants, trees, etc. I also enjoy strolling along and looking at the animals.
My second choice would be MK. There is just so much to see. I never fail to notice something new.
My third choice would be Epcot. I like to walk around the World Showcase and see all the beautiful architecture.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
I went with Epcot. My DH and I always enjoy wandering through this park. We take our time going from country to country - eating, drinking, shopping and talking with the people about their homeland. This is what we do to relax when we go to Disney.

Polynesian Dweller
02-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Easily Epcot. AK has nice trails but the rest of it is a little too tight for just wandering.

RAIDER
02-21-2008, 03:49 AM
It has to be EPCOT ....World Showcase and all its shops is the place to mull around in :thumbsup:

animalkingdomguy
02-21-2008, 07:58 AM
It's tailor made for wandering, ie. from country to country.

Von-Drake
02-21-2008, 08:09 AM
I also went with EPCOT, but on a previous trip I did enjoy wandering around Disney Studios, in the backlot area, I enjoy looking at the names of the different "fake" businesses, etc... but Disney did accomplish what they set out to do with World Showcase it offers such a wide variety of shop types and products, great to browse through when you can, of course with a rising 5 year old son, the wandering and casually browsing days will probably be put on hold for a couple of years. :mickey:

EpcotFan182
02-21-2008, 08:51 AM
I think Epcot is great to wander around in, espeicially World Showcase...you never know what you're going to discover :thumbsup:

Marker
02-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I voted Epcot. However, I thought this was a difficult question to answer. Magic Kingdom is wonderful place to wander as well.

DisneyDD2
02-21-2008, 09:03 AM
I'm going with the majority, Epcot.:thumbsup:

yjgirl715
02-21-2008, 09:04 AM
I went with AK- just because I love to watch the animals be themselves. I never get bored watching the monkeys. :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I also went with EPCOT, but on a previous trip I did enjoy wandering around Disney Studios, in the backlot area, I enjoy looking at the names of the different "fake" businesses, etc...

I agree. I chose EPCOT as the best, but I think DHS is a close 2nd. Not only what you mentioned, but the actors doing little skits all around are really entertaining too. And the theming is so good. I just feel like I'm walking in a different era when we stroll around there. Nostalgic and fun!

baby minnie's mommy
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
:elephant:

I'd go for Animal Kingdom. We love it there! Just walking around is so relaxing with the waterfalls, beautiful scenery, and wildlife. Each time you go you can get a different experience viewing the animals along the paths, too. AK is so large, and the paths so winding, that even on a busy day you can escape the crowds. :thumbsup:

CU Tiger
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I agree that EPCOT is the place to wander around. :thumbsup: Of the parks, I feel more relaxed at EPCOT than I do at all the others.:mickey:

BandMan
02-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I picked EPCOT because not only can you wander from country to country, but from restaurant to restaurant. I just love all the choices. 3 cheers for food while I wander! :number1:

Mackflava99
02-21-2008, 02:07 PM
I love wandering around all the parks- sometimes when my family is too tired or just wants to stay bye the pool ( which i do like but not every day..)
Epcot , especially world showcase
AK - i agree there are alot of isolated places you may never see unless you look for them.
DHS - surprisingly, i went to spend a few hours during Star Wars weekend there by myself prior to the family joining me. I went to see the Walt Disney exhibit and there are some really interesting stores there.
MK- totally good for wandering- ESPECIALLY Tom Sawyer island and Main street.

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Epcot - the World Showcase is perfect to wander around and take in the sights and sounds.

GrmGrninGost
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
MK is my favorite park, but I'd rather just wander around in Epcot. Especially World Showcase! :mickey:

prttynpnk
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh I can't believe there isn't more love for animal Kingdom! We just love to wander and look at the animals and find hidden niches of great theming.

WDW24
02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
I think AK is a great place to wander in.

You just walk around seeing new things everytime!

Also, if you get lucky, you can see the tree lady! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I completely agree with how the voting has gone. Epcot is clearly the best park to wander around in, with sooo many things to see and do. Also, AK is a very nice park to wander around in. There are several side trails and places to see there that makes it very interesting.

Even though, I think Epcot is the best, I think it could be even better. As is, Epcot takes a full day to explore, but I was thinking how it could easily be a 2 day park if the would just do more to World Showcase.

DizNee143
02-22-2008, 11:16 AM
epcot...its a great place to keep walking around..at least in my eyes it is..:mickey:

princessjojo
02-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I think Epcot is a great place to just wander. There's just so much to do and see. Another thing is that both World Showcase and Future World can be such a touchy-feely place to explore in.

cinderella crazy
02-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Definately Epcot. We love to roam around the World Showcase.

JuicyMoose17
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
EPCOT of coarse.

but AK was definitely second. I love the theme.

splashtest
02-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I love walking through the countries. Very relaxing and fun. You can browse the stores, have a different drink in each country, check out the scenery, and have some great food. One of my favorite things to do on vacation. There is no rushing around, nice relaxing time.

Soul_Power
02-23-2008, 12:00 AM
I knew that most of the votes would go for EPCOT! My boyfriend and I went for both of our first times last summer, and we didn't have enough time to walk around EPCOT. That's DEFINITELY on my "to do" list on our next trip!

DNS
02-23-2008, 12:15 PM
I went with Animal Kingdom. I love taking my time in this park and really taking in the surroundings.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I could spend days just walking around the world showcase theres so much to see.

ravsluvdisney
02-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Epcot - as the poll is bearing out - is no doubt a wanderer's paradise. More adult-oriented, great for people watching, etc. I would option for MK as a wandering choice if I chose to actually spend ($$-get it!) my MK day just walking around. It would be great to actually take the time to soak up the "original" park for a day with all its nooks and crannies. The history. The hidden Mickeys. Usually it's lines and rides and fastpasses. Repeat. Of course my two DS' would have none of this funny business.

moe513
02-24-2008, 05:26 PM
World Showcase was made to wander around. I love the countries.

Mickey91
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
World Showcase at EPCOT.

King Triton
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Epcot easily. I definitely enjoy just wandering around Epcot, especially WS. I always try to get some time in Epcot to just wander around, sit on a bench and people watch, etc.

dolphinmickey9170
02-25-2008, 01:06 PM
I love Epcot, especially during EMH! WS is awesome at night.

Hull-onian
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, I guess I got this poll right. I voted EPCOT, because I feel as though you can take time. You do not have to do everything. There is something there for everyone. I just love strolling along and looking at everything. If I want to go into a country or just do a ride here and there, I don't feel any pressure.:thumbsup: