PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Shower Themes

Flower
02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
I am co-hosting a bridal shower in July for a wedding I will be in, the wedding is in September. I have been to many showers and hosted many, but I am always interested in new & exciting ideas!

The shower I hosted last summer was a garden tea theme.

I would just like to try something different.Has anyone ever been to an evening wine/cheese/cocktail shower? :wine:

What other ideas are out there?

CzepielCrew
02-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I hosted my sister's shower a couple years ago. We did a beach theme and gave salt water taffy in bags tied with different color bows. We had seashells on the table and I had everyone sign a book with well wishes. The book had a photo of the beach on the front. The invitations had a picture of her on the front of her at the beach when she was little. It was lots of fun and everyone enjoyed. It was just a regular breakfast shower.

Dakota Rose
02-20-2008, 08:13 PM
My sister hosted a fun shower for me. It was a bed/bath/boudoir themed party. She decorated the tables with little bathtubs filled with towels, candles and soaps and then put rose petals around them along with little votive candles. All the gifts were for bedroom, bathroom, or lingerie. The favors were little packages of mini-soaps wrapped up with pretty ribbon.

When I threw my cousin's shower, I did a kitchen shower with a garden theme. The invites had recipe cards attached to them and the guests were asked to detach the card, write their favorite recipe on it and bring it to the shower. We put them all in a recipe box. For favors I found these really cute blank recipe booklets that had pictures of gardens on them. We ate outside and I bought one of those metal garden arches from the craft store ($15 or so), covered it in tulle, flowers and kitchen utensils like wooden spoons. Instead of a cake, we had individual strawberry shortcakes.

Have fun. :)

mjaclyn
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
I love parties!! My mom and sister did a wine/cheese/cocktail baby shower for me. It was SO nice compared to the usual cheesy showers people throw for moms-to-be. It was in the evening and everyone dressed up, there were candles and light music in the background. I loved it!!

I've also planned a few bridal showers and they've all been SO much fun. I love theme showers!! I did an oriental theme for my sister's bridal shower. I had a local Chinese food restaurant cater it and I decorated with lots of chinese lanterns. I also painted different chinese symbols on paper (like love, joy, etc) and hung them around the room. We had a few games and all the prizes went along with the theme - like a nice chopstick and bowl set, etc. Also, all the girls in the wedding party wore matching chinese dresses and we bought my sister a different chinese dress that stood out from the rest of us. My favorite part was the cake though - we had a friend make it, it had bamboo on the outside and huge oriental flowers on top. SO Gorgeous!!

The other bridal party I did was a 50's theme. All the girls in the bridal party (and the bride) wore poodle skirts & saddle shoes. The food was car-hop inspired so we did burgers, fries, onion rings & milk shakes. We had a cake made in the shape of a classic car and had pie & ice cream as well. We played 50's music and made up diner menus as centerpieces for the tables. It was so much fun!

Anyway, I'm sure whatever you decide to do will be great. I love planing parties!