PDA

View Full Version : Please read if you have a My Pal Mickey

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-20-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting one of these things for our next trip. . . . but am wondering how we will keep up with the little guy!

What do you do with Mickey when you're on rides? Carry him along or leave in stroller?

He's kind of pricey, so I would be very annoyed with myself if we lose him. I also don't know if I want to give myself ONE MORE THING to keep up with! Vacations are supposed to be carefree, right?? :mickey:

Flower
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
The first few times it is cute, "Oh...he's vibrating and talking about the attraction", but then, I find it became just that...something else to tote around and yes, it ended up in the bottom of the stroller underneath all of the junk.

Eventually, he became a 'window ornament' in our hotel room so the boys would know which room was ours, and then the kids would play with him in the room at night.

We took him on 2 trips, I may bring him on our next one as the kids will be a little older, we'll see.

I bought mine in Orlando at one of the Character outlets so I payed $35 for mine. I could not justify the over $60 price tag.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I agree the novelty wears off FAST. He is bulky to carry and always seems to fall off the strap he comes with (don't know if they changed that, our is a few years old). My son carried him the 1st day and we carried him the second, the rest of the trip he stayed at the hotel. My son never missed it. I would suggest to save your money. Also with the new DS test phase they might not even sell him much longer. To me seems the DS thing will be easier to tote around and give way more info.

bcornette
02-20-2008, 04:36 PM
We still carry ours everytime just because the kids play the games when we are in line.

It can be more of an annoyance at times but when we don't have it they seem to want it more.

the last few trips I think it has gotten more use on the 13hr drive down playing the trivia game.

What is this DS thing you speak of? Is there something new that will give more useful or interesting tips from around the parks?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Our kids loved having him around and used him on two trips without complaint. He went on all the rides with us. The only one we had to put him away on was Kali River Rapids.

What is DS? I thought it meant Darling Son?

BMan62
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Our kids loved having him around and used him on two trips without complaint. He went on all the rides with us. The only one we had to put him away on was Kali River Rapids.

What is DS? I thought it meant Darling Son?

The poster was referring to the Nintendo DS package that Disney is testing currently.

thrillme
02-20-2008, 05:03 PM
I believe they're talking about the Nientendo DS (Dual Screen) it's like the Gameboy, or Sony PSP but it's a lot more "interactive" since you can make the game do thing by using a little touch pointer.

I've read in a previous post somewhere that Disney is experimenting with this (at one time you could download enhancements to the Pirates of the Carribean game)...Supposedly eventually you'll be able to download information and games to your DS. The gentleman in the picture had a module in the DS he was using supposedly that module hooked up to a download station. I don't know if there's going to be a cost, if you have to rent THEIR DS's or bring your own, or what...

This would probably be a lot more fun than Mickey and a lot easier to carry since it's small enough to fit in your pocket and something they can play with FOREVER.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
We have a Pal Mickey, and DD (was 8 on our last trip, will be 10 this May) loves him. She carries him everywhere, and plays with him and "talks" to him...for us he was a great buy!:mickey:

MMouse6937
02-20-2008, 05:50 PM
I have the first edition Pal Mickey and I like him. He does get bulky to carry around the park all day. The problem is when he vibrates you have to pick him up and put him near your ear so you can hear what he's saying, that's kind of a pain. I like the games he plays when he's not at the park.

I am looking forward to the interactive DS thing. There was a lady on my podcast the other day talking about an experience she had testing the program while at WDW and it sounded like a really neat thing.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
02-20-2008, 08:43 PM
The poster was referring to the Nintendo DS package that Disney is testing currently.Thanks, seems perfectly clear now. :blush:

I knew they were doing something similar revolving around Kim Possible - is this part of that same project?

*goofy'sgirls*
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
On our trip we purchased a Pal Mickey thinking it would help us much and the kids would love it. But that wasn't so. He got annoying after a while and traveling him around became a hassle. The clip kept undoing itself and we wound up losing Pal Mickey. Too expensive to buy again and regret having lost the money.