PDA

View Full Version : What's the cleanest villa?

LauraleeH
02-20-2008, 02:44 PM
What is the cleanest villa you've been in? I'm thinking about getting one for a couple days and I was wondering which one is the cleanest and newest. I know Saratoga Springs is pretty new and clean. I've stayed there twice and I haven't had any complaints, but I want something different. I know that the AKL is new but not exactly my taste.

Ed
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't found one yet at any of the DVC facilities that I would consider "unclean". They are usually impeccably clean when you check in. And routine maintenance helps keep them that way. We were at Vero Beach last week, and they were in the process of painting, both exterior and interior. Several rooms on our floor were being painted, and ours looked like it had been painted a week or two before we checked in. We've foung this to be the case at several of the other resorts where we've stayed.

That said, if AKL is just not your cup of tea, then Saratoga Springs is the next-newest and presumably showing less wear and tear than the older resorts.

LauraleeH
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Alright, thanks. My biggest concern are the showers/tubs. If the beds are unclean, I can always ask for new sheets, but I can't ask for a new tub.

I was considering the Boardwalk Villas. I walked through the Boardwalk about a year ago and I thought it was beautiful inside.

Ed
02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Totally understandable.

But remember that while you can't ask for a new bathtub (well, you can, but it's not likely to happen!), you CAN ask to be moved to a room that has a clean one! :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 06:44 PM
We have never found any unclean bathrooms/tubs in and DVC or regular WDW room we have stayed in over the past 20+ trips.
And, like Ed said, if I did find something unsuitable when I walked in my room, I would ask for it to be fixed or a room change.
Disney places cleanliness on a VERY high pedestal. :thumbsup:

LauraleeH
02-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Well I should mention that I am completely obsessive over germs and I clean my house daily. Still, I realize that no matter where I go, there will be some dirt and germs...it's to be expected, since thousands of people stay there.

We have asked to change rooms a few times in the past, but not because of cleanliness. One time, there was a major plumbing problem. Another time, someone had just smoked in it and it was triggering my allergies...so I know how well Disney works with situations. I just don't want to get there and make a big deal out of a shower that I will only use a few times.

ThanxForNoticin
02-20-2008, 08:41 PM
All of the VC resorts we've stayed at have been beautifully kept - from the new SS to the older OKW. They are always clean, in our experience.

LauraleeH
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Has anyone stayed in the Wilderness Lodge Villas? I love staying at the WL! But I wanted something different. Do they have villas at the Beach Club?

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Has anyone stayed in the Wilderness Lodge Villas? I love staying at the WL! But I wanted something different. Do they have villas at the Beach Club?
VWL are very nice - great theme and wonderfully peaceful.

BC does have villas as well - very popular, difficult to snag, so book early, even through CRO.

LauraleeH
02-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Alright, I think I am going to try to get a couple nights at the Beach Club. I've been wanting to stay there for years. I am going to try the Boardwalk later this year.

Thank you so much, everyone!

tomatoe pie
04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
i have stayed in the bcv, akv, bwv, okw and wlv, also poly conc. i found everything perfectly clean except bcv. there we found the shower not well cleaned, part of a belt on the floor, and a babies pacifier in the sofa bed when we pulled it out. bcv was also lacking in bath soap. this was all in the same place and same time. something was just a little bit off with housekeeping, which i am sure was corrected.:vacuum::exactly: the only other thing was a leaking commode at the poly concierge. as a general rule everything is just great.:thanks:

this is not a cleanliness problem but a problem. at the vwl there was no plastic dinner ware in the studio. altho everything seemed to be in place in the 1br.

MinnieMommie
04-14-2008, 08:48 PM
I had a problem at BCV as well - small lizard in the bathroom and large dust balls under the table between the 2 beds. SSR has always been immaculate though.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Our one bedroom at BWV in December was clean, it just seemed kind of run down. I guess you could say the villa showed some age.

But, I was comparing it to SSR which is new and immaculate.