PDA

View Full Version : CA Food & Wine Weekends

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 02:35 PM
I will be at DLR from April 22-25. I have heard a little bit about the California Adventure Food & Wine Weekends, but I don't know much about it.

Is it similar to the F&W Festival at Epcot where there are booths set up all over the place and it gets very crowded? Or is it just classes that people pay for and it doesn't really affect the park?

Also, we will be there from a Tuesday-Friday so I think it's only on the Friday that anything may be happening.

I'm just trying to get a sense of what to expect. Thanks!

NotaGeek
02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately it's nothing like the WDW version. It normally only runs on the weekends and is hosted in the Wharf Area of DCA. They utilize the empty food vendors and they offer tasting of a few different items. They also offer beer and wine with tastings and classes. To be completely honest, the food is pretty lame, and it basically the same for the last 2 years. They did have a cool beer tasting thing last year, but I didn't take part ... they people that did were having fun. The classes they offer are the cool part, but are pretty pricey.

tinkwest
02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Disney's California Food and Wine Festival
Enjoy cooking demonstrations, seminars and fine meals that showcase the diverse flavors of the Golden State — every day from April 11 to May 5, 2008. Savor the rich aromas and delicious tastes of the most exquisite culinary treasures that California has to offer.

The third annual Disney's California Food and Wine Festival is presented by Vanity Fair® Premium Napkins.

Festival Welcome Center

The Sunshine Plaza serves as the hub for all festival information including daily event schedules and same day reservations – if available.

"Taste of California" Marketplace

Enjoy unique festival foods created especially for Disney's California Food and Wine Festival. Sample delicious tapas-sized delights with specially paired wines and beer at the Lucky Fortune Cookery in Pacific Wharf.

Festival Wine Shop

Shop for spectacular bottles of wines or enjoy a glass on the beautiful outdoor Lower Patio of the Golden Vine Winery. Open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. For your convenience, bottles may be delivered to Package Pickup near the Park main entrance.

Festival Gift Shop

Purchase specially designed Disney's California Food and Wine Festival merchandise to commemorate your visit. Open daily in the Pacific Wharf area.

Sparkling Bar

Relax on the beautiful Upper Terrace of the Golden Vine Winery and enjoy outstanding sparkling wines and spectacular California vintages — plus sample delicious wine country tapas.

Signature Events
Indulge in sumptuous special events that provide a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for food lovers to sample world-class culinary achievements in taste, texture and technique — including cooking classes, wine tastings and meals prepared by renowned celebrity chefs.

Taste – Presented by Vanity Fair® Premium Napkins
You are invited to an extraordinary celebration that delights the senses of sight, sound and, most importantly, taste. Hollywood Pictures Backlot Stage 17 is transformed into a grand culinary spectacle showcasing the talents of the finest Disneyland® Resort chefs and featuring dozens of wines, beers and spirits. Delight your palate and sample delectable creations in grand tasting style.

Scheduled to Participate:

* Blue Bayou
* Café Orleans
* Catal
* Club 33
* ESPN Zone
* Hook's Pointe
* House of Blues
* Napa Rose
* Naples Ristorante
* Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
* Steakhouse 55
* The Vineyard Room
* Yamabuki
* Chef Jamie Gwen

Date: Saturday, May 3, 2008
Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Location: Stage 17, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney's California Adventure® Park
Price: $125 per person (tax and gratuity included, no discounts apply)

Admission to Disney's California Adventure® Park is required and is not included in the event price. We recommend that Guests be at least 21 years of age. Subject to capacity. Advanced reservations are recommended.

Complimentary Events
Learn fascinating information about your favorite foods and wines as expert speakers share their invaluable knowledge and passion. All events are complimentary and included in your admission to Disney's California Adventure® Park. Reservations are not required, but please be sure and arrive early as availability is limited.
Culinary Demonstrations

Culinary Demonstrations
Marvel at delicious cooking demonstrations presented by expert chefs from the Disneyland® Resort and very special guests. Watch the pros in action as you discover new twists on timeless classics, learn about exotic spices and collect essential cooking tips.

Time: Please consult the event locations for the daily schedule.
Tasting Seminars

Wine, Beer and Spirits Education and Tasting Seminars
Explore the world of liquid refreshment — attend an educational seminar about wine, beer or spirits led by a noted winemaker, master brewer or Disneyland® Resort sommelier.

Time: Please consult the event locations for the daily schedule.
Location: The Lower Patio of the Golden Vine Winery and the Pacific Wharf Stage

All events and schedules are subject to change without notice. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to attend this event. Please bring valid identification.

Marla
03-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I caught the in park part one afternoon last year. I did not have the expierence that NotaGeek had. The food was awesome, and the wine for each dish was also. They are definetly tappas sized. I also caught a wine tasting class that was part of the cost of park entry. We had three different wines to taste (very generous portions) and a very interesting class about wine along with it. This year I will be attending a dinner with my Husband at the Food and Wine Festival. You can go to the Disneyland Gallery Calendar for all the events that will be hosted.:mickey: