PDA

View Full Version : Current Incentive

kbvette
02-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Is the current incentive for AKL something that I should not pass up or should I hold out for something better? We prefer Beach Club (proximity to Epcot and it is where we stayed on our honeymoon), but AKL ends in 2057. What is everyones thoughts on this? Pros and Cons.

Terk24
02-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Something better just depends on any new resort they are building. You are only choosing your home resort you can book out 11 months prior to your trip and then you can stay at any other resort with a 7 month prior booking of your vacation. The only ones available now are Saratoga and Animal Kingdom. The next one up appears to be Contemporary but no one will officially acknowledge that. We signed up last week at Saratoga with a $10 a point discount plus a bonus 100 points good for one year from sign on date. Decent deal. Also the longer you wait the rate could and probably will go up per point.

DVC Mike
02-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Buy where you want to stay. If you really love the Beach Club Villas and want to stay there, I would buy there. Since BCV is one of the smallest and most popular DVC resorts, it can be difficult at times to book it at the 7-mo window.

Yet, BCV expires in 2042 while AKV expires in 2057.

Terk24
02-20-2008, 11:43 PM
YOu can only buy into AK or Saratoga Springs right now... At least that is what our guide told us..????

sillyolbear
02-21-2008, 08:56 AM
YOu can only buy into AK or Saratoga Springs right now... At least that is what our guide told us..????

You can purchase resale and get any DVC resort. Disney also occasionally has points to sell at other resorts that they pick up from exercise ROFR on resales.

DVC Mike
02-21-2008, 09:34 AM

You can buy any DVC resort through DVC. If the points aren't immediately available, you may have to waitlist.

Terk24
02-21-2008, 11:16 AM
I see. Thank you for the clarification.

MarkC
02-21-2008, 01:21 PM
By all means, if Beach Club is what you enjoy then that's where you should buy. We did and bought through the Timeshare Store. You can still stay at other properties but we know we'll want to stay at BC most every visit. We will occasionally try other spots but I really think you should buy the resort where you'll stay most often to get maximum enjoyment out of it. Send me a private email if you want some more info and I'll be glad to help. Mark

Terk24
02-21-2008, 04:03 PM
Anyone in Chicago thinking about joining. Doorway To Dreams is offering Saratoga Springs at $10 off per point and AK of $8 per point, both you get 160 bonus points good for one year, and a choice of 2 Annual Passes or 1 $500 gift card. This is good through 2/29. A pretty good deal. Thank goodness we hadn't signed our papers this past weekend like we were suppose to at the World due to them misspelling my wifes name on everything and a shortage of time to wait for the reprint of papers.:party:

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Buy where you want to stay. If you really love the Beach Club Villas and want to stay there, I would buy there. Since BCV is one of the smallest and most popular DVC resorts, it can be difficult at times to book it at the 7-mo window.

Yet, BCV expires in 2042 while AKV expires in 2057.
Completely and totally agree.
Buy where you want to stay!

With membership absolutely exploding the past 7 years, it's become increasingly difficult (and frustrating) to get accomodations at your non-home resort.

Carefully weigh your options, as those extra years at SSR and AKLV really do make a difference.

Mickey 101
02-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Anyone in Chicago thinking about joining. Doorway To Dreams is offering Saratoga Springs at $10 off per point and AK of $8 per point, both you get 160 bonus points good for one year, and a choice of 2 Annual Passes or 1 $500 gift card. This is good through 2/29. A pretty good deal. Thank goodness we hadn't signed our papers this past weekend like we were suppose to at the World due to them misspelling my wifes name on everything and a shortage of time to wait for the reprint of papers.:party:

When we visited Doorway about a month ago, the incentive was 2007's points as well as 2008, in addition to 160 bonus points good for one year for a limited time. It seems like that's a good place to buy if you're in the market.