PDA

View Full Version : AP Dining add on

Ariel_Fan
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
This might get a bit confusing. My folks are going to WDW with us this Fall. They have APs, but we do not. IF they get the dining plan add on and we go out to a table service place, can they use some of their TS meals for my husband and me???

Figment!
02-20-2008, 01:32 PM
If you have not purchased the Dining Plan and are not on the same Magic My Way Package as they are, you are not allowed to use their credits.

From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Are there restrictions on how I can redeem my credits?

A: The following are currently restrictions on credit redemption:
Adult Credits credits can only be redeemed for Adult Meals and Child Credits can only be redeemed for Child Meals.
Credits may not be redeemed for Guests not vacationing on the credit holder's Magic My Way Package.

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Having APs does not get you the Disney Dining Plan. Your parents will still have to purchase at least a one day base ticket with their room reservation to qualify to buy the DDP. Then, only they can use the credits.

Now, if you are talking about the Disney Dining EXPERIENCE card (DDE) that many AP Holders purchase for discounts on dining, then yes, you can benefit if you are dining with them at the same meal. The DDE allows the holder to get a 20% discount at many TS restaurants (and a few CS) throughout WDW for up to 10 people at their table.

On the other hand, if you really do mean the DDP- then since you are staying at a WDW resort- YOU can get the DDP if you purchase the Magic Your Way Package (resort, tickets and Dining). You do not need an AP to do that. But everyone in your room must be on the plan for every night of your stay.

Ariel_Fan
02-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I saw something posted on the site that now AP holders can add the dining plan. I can't remember off the top of my head if it was only for a special time or not. Anyway, not sure its going to work for us.

sillyolbear
02-20-2008, 02:51 PM
There are reports around this week that there is an AP Dining Plan add on that is soon to be available.

TBY2225
02-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I have also read on another very reliable website that starting today you can AP holders can now purchase room and DDP plans without having to buy a 1 day ticket.

McGoofy
02-20-2008, 03:38 PM
I have also read on another very reliable website that starting today you can AP holders can now purchase room and DDP plans without having to buy a 1 day ticket.

I also read this. I wonder if WDW will still let you get your AP room discount with the dining package? Otherwise, it is not worth it to purchase the DDP based on my experience from 2 weeks ago.

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 03:53 PM
I also read this. I wonder if WDW will still let you get your AP room discount with the dining package? Otherwise, it is not worth it to purchase the DDP based on my experience from 2 weeks ago.
Wow! I learned something new today!:thumbsup:
OK- it does look like AP holders can purchase the DDP with their room ressie, effective today (2/20).
I agree- the big question is will an AP discount on the room rate still apply?

However, to answer the OPs original question- only the people paying for the DDP can use it. They cannot share it with you.

Goofy Dad 13
02-21-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree- the big question is will an AP discount on the room rate still apply?

Based on the information in the "sticky" at the top of the page for the most recent AP discount, you do still get the AP discount. But if I am correct, the 45 day cancelation policy that is the norm for packages applies (versus the normal AP cancel date of 5 days).