PDA

View Full Version : When we become members

kbvette
02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I was just wondering what do you get when you become members? I assume some kind of book or guide. Anything else? Is it the same if you buy a resale vs. thru Disney?

DVC Mike
02-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Buying direct from DVC, you get a nice welcome packet and you're in the system right away and can make reservations right off. I don't think you get the welcome packet buying resale and it takes much longer to get in the system.

However, once you're a member, it doesn't matter how you originally purchased your membership as you are all treated the same.

kbvette
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
What exactly is in the welcome packet?

sillyolbear
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
If I remember correctly, it is a packet that details use year, borrowing and banking points, a current resort points calendar, and general info on using your membership. I can't remember if Info on getting registered to use the DVC website came in the Welcome Home packet or under separate cover, but I'm thinking it came separately. The website has much of the same info.

mouse-logic
02-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I bought two resales and received the welcome packet. They have a vested interest in keeping all members informed of more stuff to buy and more ways to spend money.

Ed
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
The welcome package also included a New Members' Guide (think of it as an "Idiot's Guide to DVC" :D ) and everything was packed in a nice heavy canvas bag embroidered with the DVC logo.