PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ final ADR

Young@Heart
02-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I can't decide on a final ADR for our Aug. trip. So far, we have Chef Mickey's (dinner-MK day), Akershus (dinner-Epcot day), Cape May (Breakfast-Waterpark/DTD day), 1900 Park Fare (dinner-second MK day), and that's it. Our final full day will be at DHS, but we really don't want to plan a meal there (for various reasons, we can't agree on a restaurant).

We've been throwing around the idea of Cap'n Jacks or Raglan Road or maybe Boatwrights, all places that would be new to us. It's okay if it's not near MGM, since we're driving down and will have a car.

I've also thought about cancelling Akershus and maybe doing a show w/ 2 DDP credits, but I know DD would love to see the Princesses.

Any suggestions for me? We want to try something new (one reason for skipping DHS dinner), but have a lot of picky eaters. TIA! :mickey:

lightyearfan
02-20-2008, 11:20 AM
well since you won't be eating at the park i would also have to suggest Boatwrights, or maybe even The Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort? me and dw have always eaten at Boatwrights for breakfest and it's always 1 of the meals on our trip, we'll be trying The Maya Grill for the first time this upcoming trip to try something new, we've read qood reviews about the Maya so why not give it a try right.

Victor

#1donaldfan
02-20-2008, 12:07 PM
I can't suggest Maya Grill at CS, we didn't care for it too much, however the place was very nice. Boatwrights has to be one of the absolute best for breakfast, as for the dinner it was very good, but not really to our taste. I would like to suggest to you, Fulton's.....we had such a great meal there last June....Capt Jacks would also be on my list of favs.......if your going to do a character dinner we really liked chef Mickey's, which you have, and we like the princess dinner buffet very much also (1900 park fare).....you have a lot to choose from, so have fun doing it !!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
02-21-2008, 07:19 AM
I know you said not in the park but The Brown Derby has excellent food. DH liked his meal there better than the California Grill. I've never been to Boatwrights for dinner or any of the other ones mentioned in DTD. I love the Earl of Sandwich:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
02-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! We're still trying to figure this one out. I think I'm really leaning toward Raglan Road, but I'm not sure if it's the right choice for our whole family.