PDA

View Full Version : info on Boardwalk Inn please

Tink2002
02-20-2008, 09:27 AM
We are traveling to Disney in June and had been hoping to stay at BC. Due to the size of our group, looks like we may have to stay at Boardwalk instead. Am I going to be disappointed with this??? Would love some comments from Boardwalk lovers out there:mickey:

BigRedDad
02-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Boardwalk is an awesome place to stay. The only downside compared to BC is the pool. Other than that, Boardwalk is great place to stay.

playdead88
02-20-2008, 10:46 AM
the boardwalk was the very first disney hotel we stayed at - we loved it so much we stayed there the next year - you won't be disappointed with the boardwalk - the rooms are fabulous and the staff are great - plus having the boardwalk in the evenings was so nice - im sure you'll have a great time :mickey:

TooGoofy
02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
Your Uncle Dave and I loved it! We thought it was super convenient to be able to walk to both Epcot and MGM (although it was December...not sure I would have enjoyed the walk as much in June!) We also loved the boat launch service.

Our room (in the Villas) was clean and very comfortable. We also found it to be quiet. (we've got lots of pictures if you want to see them sometime!)

We loved the atmosphere of the Boardwalk at night! There were magicians, jugglers and musical acts performing at various different times. And there is a funnel cake stand right in front of the hotel entrance! Yumm-o!

JuicyMoose17
02-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Boardwalk is great! The pool is still cool even though its no beach club. 2nd best in my opinion.

The lobby is pretty neat too! Its pretty similar to beach club's. Plus you have all the activities to do on the boardwalk and the restaurants.

Do not be disappointed!

wendy*darling
02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
The Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach Club are all right close to one another and all share that "water/beach" theme.
I like them equally.

I am curious though as to why the size of your group has anything to do with the regular resort rooms at one vs the other?

All 3 deluxe resort rooms hold 5 people. Actually, the BWI has some rooms that only hold 4, but I believe all of the Y&BC rooms accommodate 5.

Tink2002
02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
We went to book two rooms, and were told there was only ONE left available :(

We're on a waiting list in case another room opens up, but the clock is ticking down to when we'll have to pay our boardwalk deposit.

wendy*darling
02-22-2008, 03:02 PM
We went to book two rooms, and were told there was only ONE left available :(
That makes sense.
And again- you will enjoy BWI as much as BC. No problems there. :thumbsup:

Mackflava99
02-22-2008, 03:12 PM
The Boardwalk has alot around- - there is always something to do-

I have not stayed there but my Mom has on 2 occassions while we were over at beach Club- so we spent alot of time there-

The pool is alot of fun- good water slide-surprisingly no really good fod option at pool.

Their are alot of restaurants on the boardwalk and you can always find something fun going on-

You are also close to beach Club, yacht club, Swan and Dolphin - so alot of close restaurants

Walking distance to Epcot and DHS (use path behind the pool to get to DHS)

Only downside, is if you get a waterfront room- while the view is tremendous, it might be noisy

luvdiznee
02-22-2008, 06:29 PM
We stayed at the BWI a couple months ago, :( and enjoyed it tremendously. Just sad that we had to come back. But it was especially great because of the distance between it and EPCOT and MGM. We even walked to BC a couple times for a couple meals. And we had the Waterview and loved it soooooo much. Was so nice to sit out and watch the crowds listening to music. And once we went in the room and closed the door, noise was not an issue. Enjoy! :mickey: