PDA

View Full Version : Disney Intership Classes!

Sariel
02-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I am a dance major at Wester Michigan University and I am going to be going to the Disney Intern in August. I need to know how many classes I can take. I went to see my advisor today and we picked my classes, but I wondering if I am taking too many for the amount of time that I am going to be there. The classes that I am taking for part of my College Learning Class are College Program Practicum, Maketing You, Oragnizational Leadership, and Professional Development Studies in Entertainment. For my Additional Learning Activities I am taking two classes online; Grammer Skills and Improving Your Memory, and also taking My Disney Career Series. Is this too many classes to be taking? I only have 9 crts if i take these classes that will transfer to my school and I should be taking at least 12 crts. If anyone could give me some information about it that would be fanfabultastic!!!!

:tink:

imisswdw
02-19-2008, 11:03 PM
Having done the program before i would def recomend taking classes i toke the college program practicum while down there and thought it was great i also knew many people who had taken marketing U and had nothing but good things to say about it so i would def try and take those two. It seems to me like you are taking a lot of classes though you havr to also keep in mind you could be working 40+ hours a week im not sure if you university is going to give you credit for the disney classes because not all do. i know i feel behind a little while i was down there as did many because of not taking a full class laode but you can always make up classes in the future i would not take to many classes because you want to be sure to leave yourself time to enjoy the experience and the friends you meet there. hope this help and congrats on the internship what role will you be working in??

Sariel
02-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Hopefully I will be doing something in the entertainent section of the college program.

:tink:

joanna71985
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
If you are doing the Fall program (the shorter one), the most you can take is 2 classes. Fall Advantage people (the longer program) can take up to 4 classes.