PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten??

ravsluvdisney
02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
We are thinking about trying this place for dinner on our next trip. It seems like fun and hubby and I like the food choices but we are concerned about what food options there will be for our two DS (9 & 6) who are picky eaters. Can anyone help me out with the kids food choices? Thanks in advance.

EllieMae
02-19-2008, 07:55 PM
From what I remember, when we were there in June they had chicken fingers and the like for kids. I really enjoyed the meal and the show, but according to my parents, my sisters and I did not like the food as kids. I think that WDW has really taken kids food into account and have the basics on each menu now. I know that most kids also enjoy hot dogs and there was a great hot dog salad (that I enjoyed) and sausages that your kids may like. The atmosphere is really great and its a really fun meal.

MarkC
02-19-2008, 07:56 PM
We have two teenage boys, but having said that this has been our favorite Disney restaurant for several years, even when they were the age your kids are now. There is some "German" food but it is very similar to American food in many ways. It has chicken, noodles, pasta dishes, desserts, sausages, etc. Everyone will love it. The atmosphere is awesome. My parents have been there and they also loved it. In short, I would be very surprised if your family didn't find it to be a totally enjoyable experience. We are going back in August and it's the one place we will not miss. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Mark

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-19-2008, 09:36 PM
If I remember right they have some basic items like mac and cheese, potatoe salad, etc. It's not all German food. I've seen several kids eating there. It is my favorite restaurant (along with O'hana's). I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as my family does.

02-20-2008, 12:03 AM
We didn't have any kids in our party but there were many there so I'm figuring your kids would find something there that they would like.

kathiep
02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
We've taken our kids every year since they were 3 and 18 months and we always eat at the Biergarten.

We love the atmosphere and entertainment.

My kids always find something to eat. My DS likes the "german hot dogs". No need to tell him otherwise.

There's also some breaded chicken or pork items and noodles.

I think your kids will be fine.

BuzzLiteYear
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
My kids are very picky and had no problems finding things to eat. I don't remember what choices they had, but food was not an issue. The atmosphere was great!! I wouldn't worry!

Disney Doll
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
The buffet has tons of choices. Even picky eaters will be able to find something. I was worried myself thinking it would all be sausage and kraut, but that's not the case at all. They have chicken, macaroni, and bread which I know most picky kids will eat.

mudpuppysmom
02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Not that our DS is picky, but sometimes he decides to assert his being a kid and it's usually when we eat somewhere that has "weird" food.....Biergarten is no exception with him.

We were just there in January and he pulled this one the day we ate there......he still had

Bologna (aka german sausage)
pretzel bread sticks
mac & cheese (aka spaetzle with cheese if I remember correctly)
breaded "chicken" (aka schnitzel)

PLUS for dessert he had a few things too!!

So for a picky eater, even then you can find SOMETHING they will like!

The show is great too -- our DS likes to polka when they start that........too bad mumma is the one that knows how to.......daddy can't dance and everyone knows that when he tries!!

ravsluvdisney
02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks so much for all the info guys. Based upon everything I've read we are putting this on our ADR list. Biergarten here we come!!

cinderella crazy
02-22-2008, 12:43 PM
We always have to go eat here. We've never had any trouble finding anything for our 2 children to eat. (DS is 4, DD is 19 months). We absolutely love the atmosphere!

princessimagineer
02-22-2008, 01:14 PM
i am a picky eater, and i have never had problems at beirgarten, they have a chickenfinger type thing and the rolls are YUMMMY too.

atmosphere and show are :thumbsup: too