PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best pizza in The World?

snerd475
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
I know it's subjective, but so is everything else on the boards.

Where have you had the best pizza? I LOVE pizza and will usually get it everywhere I go. The Mama Melrose flatbread one was pretty good, but I don't really care for the thicker Pizza Hut type ones so popular at the counter service places.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
I don't like criticizing WDW as its the only vacation place I like going too! but Pizza is one food that needs a major overhaul at the parks or any resort restaurant. I laugh when I see the DVC video showing that they teach kids how to make Pizza in Italy. WDW should send their Pizza Chefs there for a few lessons! I am sure that there are many vacationers from many Cities that also feel that their local Pizzas are far superior!

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
My local pizza IS far superior than WDW pizza. In fact, my local pizza is some of the best in the WORLD.

Regardless, having eaten so much frozen pizza during my undergrad years, I have a soft spot in my heart (and mouth) for frozen pizzas. :secret: I actually like the CS pizza at WDW, even though I'm fully aware it's not great pizza. :secret:

whistlewhileyouwork
02-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Just got back today from Ft Wilderness.....we had togo pizza last night with a togo salad. It really wasnt bad........and it hit the spot. It is thick crust but it was tasty. That being said...i still long for the days where you used to go and make your own pizza 10pm to midnight at trails end.......those days are over.:chef:

dolphinmickey9170
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I actually like the pizza at Pizzafarri in AK. It's like a Boboli crust.

#1donaldfan
02-19-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm sure there are many, many different claims to the best pizza in the "free world", but I assume your referring to "our world" the world of Disney....so with that, I'd have to say for taste and atmosphere it has to be Pizzafari.....without a doubt, of course that's IMHO !!:cool:

snerd475
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I assume your referring to "our world" the world of Disney

You are correct, df. I was going to clarify that, but I figured most people would know what I was talking about.

I think the CBR pizza is similar to Pizzafari. Next time, at Pizzafari, though, I will order one and split it with dd9 so I don't end up carrying 3/4 of a pizza all over AK!

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
:blush: yes I knew we was talkin about "Our World" :D and I promise I will try out Pizzafarri next time we go! but I will say that Windsor Ontario Canada Pizza is the best "Out of this World":cloud9::D

PETE FROM NYC
02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
As a NY born ,with an Italian upbringing,I want to say that there is no decent pizza in WDW,or the entire state of Florida.What they call pizza is mass produced garbage,AKA cardboard with ketchup on it.
Pizza has become the most bastardized food in this country,and most people do not know what good pizza should be.
I have tried several pizzas in the world,and they range from bad to worse.
Don't mind me,but I just hate it when I see what is being done to my ancestral foods.
Yes,I am a snob when it comes to Italian food.

princessimagineer
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
its a fact - the farther you get from NYC, the worse the pizza gets.

i agree with the other people on this board, now that i have grown up with an italian heritage about 20 minutes from NYC, i just cant eat pizza anywhere else.

its italian food in genral. thats why i could never eat in Alfredo di Roma, because the food to me was :ack:

Jared
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
As a NY born ,with an Italian upbringing,I want to say that there is no decent pizza in WDW,or the entire state of Florida.What they call pizza is mass produced garbage,AKA cardboard with ketchup on it.
Pizza has become the most bastardized food in this country,and most people do not know what good pizza should be.
I have tried several pizzas in the world,and they range from bad to worse.
Don't mind me,but I just hate it when I see what is being done to my ancestral foods.
Yes,I am a snob when it comes to Italian food.
I couldn't say it better myself.

I've said it a million times! The pizza in Disney is an absolute joke. The Chinese food is no better.

Mickey 101
02-20-2008, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=princessimagineer;1553188]its a fact - the farther you get from NYC, the worse the pizza gets.

I agree that NY pizza is the best, but Chicago is a pretty close second.

As far as at WDW, we've had some pretty good pizza at Spoodles take-out window on the Boardwalk. It seems like the pizza there, as well as that served at resorts, has changed for the worse in the last couple of years, though.

Crow
02-20-2008, 08:20 AM
I dont remember many good pizzas there. Ive had them delivered from offsite sometimes or go offsite.
SPoodles takeout ok
Ill probly be having Pop next wk
CBR delivery was so bad yrs ago like cigarette smoke.
the Territory lounge at WL had good flatbread.
i may try the CA Grill flatbread next wk.
Ill report any i find after next weeks visit

scootch713
02-20-2008, 09:41 AM
WL flatbread is good and their room service pizza was excellant. My girls don't like AK ones or pinnochio village ones at all! I think they need a rehaul of pizza too!

SAnderson70769
02-20-2008, 10:17 AM
I agree that the pizza selection is lacking at WDW but we actually like the pizza they serve at the Rainforest Cafe in DD and AK! It's not the best by far but its very good!

jefmblrd
02-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I agree that the pizza in WDW is pretty bad, but the Pizza at Wolfgang Pucks in Downtown Disney isn't too bad.

playdead88
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
we are CS people we pick 2 TS per vacation and the rest is CS for us - so that being said here is our top diney world pizza spots:

1. Pizzafari at AK - and the ceasar salads are great too

2. Toy Story Pizza Planet at DHS - i think just being at the pizza planet makes it taste better :)

3. There is a pizza cart outside of test track at epcot - we were starving and like an oasis in the sahara there was a pizza cart! i remember that being awesome pizza too

:pizza:

DisneyCouture
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Pepe's in New Haven, CT It's one of the first places to serve pizza up and its delish! Pizza in WDW its not so good.

lightyearfan
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
My local pizza IS far superior than WDW pizza. In fact, my local pizza is some of the best in the WORLD.

Regardless, having eaten so much frozen pizza during my undergrad years, I have a soft spot in my heart (and mouth) for frozen pizzas. :secret: I actually like the CS pizza at WDW, even though I'm fully aware it's not great pizza. :secret:

i totally agree with you, it's not all that bad
VIctor

Floridian Yeti
02-20-2008, 11:16 AM
...i still long for the days where you used to go and make your own pizza 10pm to midnight at trails end.......those days are over.:chef:

Wow, Whistle, that brought back some great memories -- thanks!

lockedoutlogic
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Disney Pizza is terrible....

you can get some decent flatbreads....but no traditional pizza....

Please...please...don't waste your time and money on quickserve pizza in the parks or resorts

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I really liked the pizza at Toy Story Pizza Planet. We tried it last time and were pleasantly surprised by how good it was. It was hot, fresh and had a lot of toppings and cheese.

Catzle
02-20-2008, 09:10 PM
We always get the Pizza at the Toy Story Pizza Place it's isn't too bad.

snerd475
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey, thanks, all!

I'm in complete agreement that Disney pizza leaves A LOT to be desired, but I was just wonderin' if any were better than the other. I prefer the flatbreads. The Mara was ok.

Seems to me that all other CS is pretty much the same fare. That 1/2" thick crust, looks like a mini DiGiorono or similar. For you guys that suggested the Toy Story place, it looked exactly like the one I had from the CBR food court the night before. It was edible. That's about it. I didn't make yummy sounds!

I was hoping that maybe delivery was better. (I don't want that cigarette smoke one, thanks!)Or maybe I was missing some wonderful restaurant that had the BEST pizza in WDW. I'm finding through this thread that I'm, uh, farting in a windstorm.

Food in WDW is the least of my concerns, but since I have to eat once in awhile, I was hoping for something good (other than my favorite Turkey Muffaletta - what the heck does that word mean anyway? - in The Land. That DOES make me make yummy sounds!)

Let's hope they will improve that pizza that so many of us NEED!

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as good Pizza in WDW.

Mackflava99
02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
I like the Spoodles pizza from the window-
its actually not bad-

Definitely not like NY/NJ pizza but actually not bad.

Mackflava99
02-21-2008, 02:49 PM
its a fact - the farther you get from NYC, the worse the pizza gets.
:

Actually, i used to think that- but in Boca Raton/Delray beach florida- there are some transplanted NYers who have a few pizza places. They use NYC water- but the pizza is very good- When i visit my mom there, i don't have to avoid pizza anymore.
So it is possible to have good pizza in florida- You just need some initiative.

brownie
02-22-2008, 10:17 AM
My favorite has always been the pizza at All-Star Movies, but it's been a while since I've had it now. I was really disappointed with the pizzas at Pizza Planet the one time we ate there.

tjstrike
02-23-2008, 01:51 AM
I think the flat bread at the artist's palette in Saratoga springs is pretty good. As far as the real world goes, the pizza I ate in Germany (while I was in the Army) is far better than anything in the states.

MinnieMommie
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Pepe's in New Haven, CT It's one of the first places to serve pizza up and its delish! Pizza in WDW its not so good.

One of my kids just loves the Pepe's Pizza. I think it's pretty good too. But in WDW DH says the pizza at Pinocchio Haus is OK, and another one of my kids likes Pizzafari and eats the flatbread pizza at SSR every day when we stay there. The pizza at Rainforest is pretty good too. :mickey: