PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on rides?

kimommy63
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
:mickey:
Have you ever been stuck on a ride before? I have. Once we got stuck on the Haunted Mansion for a very long time. :covered: It was the ballroom scene on my second time on the ride ever. It felt like we were there forever, but my mom says it was only for about five minutes. :paranoid: Then one time we got stuck on Splash Mountain right at the point where the fish jumps out of the water for like nearly ten minutes! That fish jumped out of the water over and over and over...well, you get the idea...kind of annoying. :wait: Have any of you ever been stuck on a ride? What was it like?

Note: the above is actually my 7 year old sons post. He wanted to get in on the act. He wants to have his own account on the site, but I explained he's too young so he's posting through me.

Yeardley
02-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep, on Peter Pan's Flight. We heard, "Help me, Wendy, help me!" over and over and over and.........

swimchicksmom
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
We were stuck for about 10 minutes on Spaceship Earth; at the end of the ride, on an angle, in front of the classroom scene. It was almost 8 years ago and my daughters can still repeat the dialog!

TFrauts
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Just think....while you were watching the fish jump over and over, someone elses boat was teetering on the top of the big drop!! IT didn't happen to me, but I definitely watched a group of people in one of the splash mountain boats teetering at the top of the drop for about 10 minutes, before I left!! I am sure they eventually went down, but I am glad it wasn't me!!

Aggie97
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
We've been stuck on a few rides in the past -- Spaceship Earth on the part with the incline, Haunted Mansion at the part where the shadow of the hand goes over the clock face (kind of a boring part to look at for 15 minutes! :)). Just a few weeks ago we were stuck on Buzz Lightyear for awhile -- all the lights came on, some railings came up along the sides of the track, and the power in our vehicles shut off. Sadly, I had my highest-ever score (I'm not very good!), but when the ride started back up, our scores started over at 0 points. :(

dolphinmickey9170
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
We've been stuck twice. Once on the HM as you turn backwards and come down we were stuck leaned over backwards for about 10 minutes. Not too bad. Then the second time I was stuck on Splash just as you are making the first climb up, so I was stuck leaning back again. Again, another 10 minutes or so.

GrmGrninGost
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
I was stuck on TestTrack for about ten minutes, right in the middle of the high banked turn. I was on the outside and it was tough to keep from squishing the people on the inside! You don't realize how much angle is on that curve until you stop in it! Also, we were stuck on the Barnstormer last year. We were almost to the top of the hill when it stopped. We were there almost 30 minutes. Again, for a guy 6'4", it was very uncomfortable. However, we did have a great view!

DisneyCrazyET
02-19-2008, 08:54 PM
COP - we were able to watch the same show twice in a row.
POTC - near the end. We were able to hear Jack Sparrow talking and singing for at least ten times. Not a bad way to pass the time when you're stuck.

tink'72
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
My last trip in april '07 we got stuck on 2 rides. Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom. Pirates we got stuck in the middle of the shooting scene by the ship, which for some reason totally freaked me out! Maelstrom kept getting stuck throughout the entire ride. Finally they ended up turning on the lights right before you see the troll. We sat there for about 10 minutes...I'll tell you though it seemed like a life time! Actually, now that I'm sitting here typing this I also remember we got stuck on Kali River rapids. We got stuck right in the middle of the fire scene before you go down the last drop. The gates at the top of the drop closed and even though we were wet and cold the heat from the fires was wicked!

WDWFREAK101
02-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I got stuck on Buzz with a high score of 678,200 or something like that and the lights came on and the power of the vehicles came off. I lost that score. That was my best score too! :mad:
Then, my friends and I got stuck on Splash Mountain where the vultures are. The lights came on and the audio KEPT playing!! We were stuck for about 15-20 minutes.
Then we went on Pirates and got stuck where you see the drunk pirate on the right and keeps saying "Here kitty kitty" OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!! We were stuck there for about a half hour that time.

#1donaldfan
02-19-2008, 09:14 PM
We were stuck on prime evil whirl once at the very top, and had to walk all the way down on a cat walk down to the exit ramp. We were a little glad because we were killing time before the Nemo show and we didn't really want to go see it at that time. My DS lost his hat and sunglasses on that ride......we did get 'em back a month later....Disney's pretty good about that.

EpcotFan182
02-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I've been stuck on Spaceship Earth, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Buzz Lightyear. Luckily, we only stopped temporarily and continued on in a couple of minutes. Buzz was the worst because I got stuck in a part with a TON of flashing lights and it began to bother me after a while!

My worst "stuck" experience was on Test Track. We waited for well over an hour and then we got stuck right after you ride on the track. We sat there for a good 20 minutes before we had to be let out. Besides that I haven't had too many problems. Most of these incidents occured on the same trip!

monkeycity
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Note: the above is actually my 7 year old sons post. He wanted to get in on the act. He wants to have his own account on the site, but I explained he's too young so he's posting through me.

Good job little buddy!!! :thumbsup:

Well, I have two memorable stuckings (Is that a word?): We rode POTC a month or two after the refurb, and it continued to stop several times. We got to see Jack come up out of the barrel several times, and by several, of course, I mean we counted 23 after we started counting. Then, the boat stopped by the guys singing "Yo Ho", which I had absolutely no problem with :cloud9:. They must have went through it 5 or 6 times. Then, we stopped at the end and got to hear all of Jack's lines when he was in the treasure room. It was such a nice introduction to the updated ride!!! :)

My second experience isn't mine exactly :thedolls:. I remember right after Animal Kingdom opened, we had stopped on the bridge over Kali where the buttons are to get the elephants to shoot water out their trunks onto the passing boats. Do you know where I'm talking about? We've only been there that one time, and at that time, you didn't have to pay to push those buttons. I don't know what it's like now. Anyhoo, the boats had backed up under the bridge we stood on and beyond and had been stopped for several minutes. Well, there was a boat full of little girls. I mean, full. Of 10-12 year old little screaming girls. Of course, they weren't screaming a whole lot until they got in that spot where the elephants shot water out... :thedolls::thedolls::thedolls:

Well, when the boats started moving again, we hightailed it to Kilimanjaro safaris. I wish so badly that we had gotten pictures of it. We still hoot and holler about that one.

AHOTE
02-20-2008, 01:02 AM
In all the years I've been going to WDW I've only been stuck twice. The first time wasn't a ride but it was on the monorail. We were on the approach to the Contemporary when the track itself was hit by lightning. That resulted in a 15 minute power outage on the third rail. The second time, we got stuck on the hill on Epedition Everest.:coaster: It wasn't too bad, there was a nice view of the park from the first seat, BUT, it began to rain. You know the kind of rain Florida gets mid-afternoon in the summer. We were soon soaked to the skin. When the ride resumed not only did it rain harder but rain at 65mph really hurts. Needless to say we were quite happy when the ride ended under cover. As we disembarked the ever pleasant DW associates thanked us for riding Disney's newest water attraction. Next visit I guess I'll keep my :fingers:

PeterPansMagic
02-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Im glad I read this post because it made me remember my trip from Dec. My DH & I were on POTC & the ride got stuck in the area where they are singing Hey Ho Hey Ho Its A Pirates Life For Me over and over again. We were glad to get off that ride.

This is one of the reasons I wont go on roller coasters. I would hate to get stuck on the upside down part.

RoosMomKanga
02-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Twice on HM.

First time we were only up to the statue heads along the wall...boring...and eventually we had to exit the ride.

But the second time was great! My family was stuck in 2 doombuggies facing the mirrors with ghosts in our cars for about 5 minutes. We have the best movies of my kids lining up their faces with the ghosts...try lining up your eyes with theirs in the mirror...really creepy!!:cool:

BTW...welcome to INTERCOT DS-7!

MickeyChick
02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
When we were there in January, we got stuck on Its a Small World in front of the hula dancers toward the end. All the boats piled up bumped into one another and we just sat and listened to the song over and over again. It wasn't horrible, but it's not an experience I want to relive.

monkeycity
02-20-2008, 08:44 AM
When we were there in January, we got stuck on Its a Small World in front of the hula dancers toward the end. All the boats piled up bumped into one another and we just sat and listened to the song over and over again. It wasn't horrible, but it's not an experience I want to relive.

:jaw::doh::giveup::sorry:

Marker
02-20-2008, 09:14 AM
The easier question may be who has NOT been stuck on a ride.

I had a nice 10 minute nap as we were stuck while decending in Spaceship Earth, it was rather relaxing actually. I remember I was almost disappointed when it started moving again.

I believe my longest event was in July 06, on test track. We stopped for 20-25 minutes. I honestly can't tell you our precise location but it was apparently in transition spot because it was very, very dark. You really couldn't even see the person sitting next to you. I happened to be riding without the rest of my family. So I was in the car with 5 people I didn't know. But by the time we out, we all knew each other much better, although we didn't really know what the other people looked like because of the darkness. It was actually kind of fun in a way. Even though we were being in convenienced, we are all laughing and having a jolly ol' time. Glad I wasn't stuck in a car with a bunch of cranky people. Also VERY glad we weren't in the hot or cold rooms.

JWB3
02-20-2008, 09:32 AM
POTC at "Dead men tell no tales.....dead men tell no tales.....dead men tell no tales..." for about 10 - 15 minutes, but got free one-time-only fast passes to any ride of choice. Actually had to have a cast member go in the water in waders and push our boat back out!

BandMan
02-20-2008, 09:51 AM
Our last trip we got stuck on Winnie the Pooh. the thing is, it is my autistic son's favorite movie and his favorite ride. We got stuck in the room with the Huffelumps and Woozles - his favorite part of the movie - for about 10 minutes or so. It was like heaven for him.:cloud9: My DW said it was God's little gift to him to get stuck in that exact place.

I guess getting stuck can be sometimes be the best part of your trip! ;)

kathiep
02-20-2008, 09:55 AM
I feel like we've been stuck on Pooh every time we've gone on. I don't think we've gone straight through it once.

On our last trip we were also stuck for a short time in small world.

Von-Drake
02-20-2008, 10:06 AM
Never really got upset getting stuck on a ride. Sometimes it is annoying at the end of It's A Small World (have never been on it where you don;t sit at the end waiting for at least 3 boats in front of you to unload/reload and move on so you can get off.
When we went a few years ago, my parents went on Space Mountain, my wife, son and I walked around and then got on the TTA, when we went through Space Mountain the lights were on and the ride stopped.
About an hour later we met up with my parents again, and they said they were stuck somewhere on the track and the lights came on. Of course we did not see each other, but still funny.

disneymom15
02-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Two that stick out most to me-
the first is Splash Mnt, right at the point were your boat starts to climb to the top we stopped.
We were in the front seat (just covered by the overhang) when it started to rain. The people behind us went nuts, they didn't speak english so we don't know what they were saying. They got out of the boat so they could stand under the overhang. The CM's came running over and made them leave the ride. I don't know what the problem was, they would have gotten soaked anyway. The second, HM stopped at the hitch hiking ghosts spot. The ghost was positioned right in the center of Husband and me. When the ride started, the ghosts head tilted and landed right on my husbands shoulder. Just like they were sweethearts. It was so funny.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I feel like we've been stuck on Pooh every time we've gone on. I don't think we've gone straight through it once.

On our last trip we were also stuck for a short time in small world.

we ALWAYS get stuck either right before, right after, or right at "HOORAY"... like, my DD tells me we are going to stop. Ugh.

Yesterday, we got stuck on Buzz for a good 5 minutes or so. DD, who is 3, got 32,100!!! and I got 776,200!!!!!!!! heck yeah. But I guess it isn't fair since we were stuck in a room and I just aimed and shot for the same one over and over...lol DD I think just got lucky. But it's her favorite ride so she really enjoyed getting stuck there.

poeticeclipse
02-20-2008, 10:45 AM
There are only three times that I can think of right now.

**Haunted Mansion - We get stuck in the hall with the shaking doors. That part kind of creeps me out anyways but having to sit in a doom buggy with "ghosts" trying to get out after you is a bit freaky. I would HATE being stuck in the graveyard with the ghosts popping out.

**Spaceship Earth - We got stuck for about 15 minutes at the top with the view of "earth" except we had already turned and were prepared to go down. So, we got a nice view of black nothingness. Kind of ruined what could have been a romantic WDW moment.

**Pirates - This one we thought would be fun to get stuck on. We ended up getting stuck at the very end with Jack with all of his jewels. Not so entertaining. It was the worst 15 minutes i'd ever spent in WDW. It was hot at that point too and we just wanted out.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
02-20-2008, 11:24 AM

I can relate. The same thing happened to me. Listening to 10-15 minutes of the song sung over and over again drove me insane. I was ready to jump ship. :bang:I never wanted to hear It's a Small World again. Now whenever I go on the ride and the typical backup starts, I panic. Luckily it usually moves right along.

Ariel_Fan
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
On my HS senior class trip (grad nite) we got stuck in Its a Small World...oh goodness....that was the worst thing to happen to a 17 year old. That song just wouldn't go away.

I think Now I would appreciate being stuck on a ride to pay attention to the small details or be able to find that darn hidden Mickey.

laward32
02-20-2008, 11:48 AM
Our last trip (Oct) we got stuck on Buzz Lightyear twice. The second time was during our Dream Magic Hour, we were stuck for about 10-15 minutes, talk about the wrong time for it too happen.
I've also been stuck on Expedition Everest and it was the first time I ever rode it. Scared me half to death.:mickey:

dumbo_buddy
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
omg, if i ever got stuck on that hill on EE i would most definitely have an accident!:sick:

last year DH and i got stuck on GMR (traditional first ride of every trip). it was our first time going together and i had BEGGED for the trip forever! and the first ride - stuck!

we got stuck on the gangster scene and it played FOUR times! the "gangster" that took over the car tried his best to stay in character and was cracking jokes. poor guy. after the third time he just gave up. finally we moved and got stuck in alien for a while and then munckin land. saw the witch three times.

it was all pretty funny really!:mickey:

Tink2002
02-20-2008, 12:08 PM
Back on our first trip, my sister and I were stuck in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride for about five minutes at the part where it's completely pitch black (I think this was the part where the train sounds like it's coming at you), and considering she was only six at the time she handled it VERY well.. haha....

IloveDisney71
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Before the HM rehab we got stuck on it several times. The first time we got stuck at the dining room/dancing part for about 10 minutes. It was kind of neat to take in all the details and talk to the people in the doom buggies on both sides of us.
The next time was probably for about 5 to 8 minutes and it was in the seance part. That one about drove us nuts...hearing the same monologue over and over and over!
I've also been stuck on Buzz for a few minutes but got to rack up some points. And we actually had to walk out of the Great Movie Ride once. We got stuck in the Western section there.

Tink#64
02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
We had never had this happen until our last trip. Then we got stuck on 3 different rides in the MK all during the same day! Only a few minutes, each on Buzz & Peter Pan, with the longest in the HM, we were turned backwards & looking at a crow. An announcement was made several times about the ghosts pulling pranks or something to that effect. I can't remember, but I bet my DS's could! This has never been one of their fav's & it kinda freaked them out! :paranoid:

Kairi_7378
02-20-2008, 02:53 PM
My in laws and DH were stuck on Pirates for 45 minutes once, next to the auction scene. Now DH repeats the dialogue OVER AND OVER whenever we are on that ride.

Once we got stuck on Buzz for 10 minutes. I got a GREAT score! We've also been stuck on HM halfway through the descent into the graveyard so we were tilted backwards. It was actually pretty comfy.

TBY2225
02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
We got stuck in September 07 on HM twice. Once at the clock and once at the wall right before you turn backwards. Then in January 08 we got stuck again on HM in the ballroom scene. Each time it was 5 minutes or so. We also stopped for 5 mins in Snow White and the lights came on. Also both trips we got stuck in the last scene on CoP and for a brief moment in Buzz both times in the tunnel!

EmiB
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
--HM @ WDW: in front of Madam Leota nearly everytime.

--HM @ DL: One car away from the lap bar rising at the exit, the CMs would not let us squeeze out (no hard feelings) and we had to sit there next to the moving walkway for 15 minutes.

--Roger Rabbit @ DL: First trip to DL, apparently RR reopened that day for the first time after a bad accident. We waited forever, then got stuck in the "falling off a building" room. CMs has to come through and WALK us off the ride. They let us stop and take pictures and everything!

--Spaceship Earth: At the end with the backwards decline for a good 45 min, emergency lights turned on right next to us and I had to put on sunglasses...it was so funny.

--POTC/Small World: Boats clogging up near the end, slow ride, repetitive dialog, etc.

--West Elevators, middle one @ Dolphin hotel: Not really a ride, but I was maybe 6 years old and we were there ON Halloween and got stuck on the 13th floor (no lie) for about half an hour.
Led to an permanent aversion to ToT...

thrillme
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Got stuck on Buzz a couple of times. That was actually a lot of fun. It's probably the best ride to be stuck on.

The other time was on Test Track. We got stuck going up the hill with the little trees. Oh my we were there FOREVER it seemed. It turned out there was a sudden heavy storm that came through. When we finally burst through the doors everything was wet and there were tiny tree branches and leaves everywhere.

WriteDisney
02-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I got stuck on Splash Mountain for a longgg time, prob about 20 mins. We were on the outside part of the ride when you get a view of all of Magic Kingdom so not so bad.

Also last time I was there, when we were just about to get on Expedition Everest (actually already in out seats) they had to shut down the ride cause people were stuck INSIDE the mountain (yikes!). They ended up having us get off. If we had been there 5 minutes earlier we would have gotten stuck.. Yikes!

Bri
02-20-2008, 04:00 PM
We got stuck on Buzz Lightyear in Disneyland about a month ago. It was awesome! We got stuck at a part where if you hit the target a monster pops out of a box and when you hit the monster you get a ton of points. I got over like 300,000 pts. It was great cause my boyfriend and I always have a competition and I killed him. It was fantastic!

laughingplace<3
02-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I got stuck in Peter Pan, twice in one ride of it. Apparently someone kept on getting up or sticking their hands out because they turned off the music/voiceovers of the characters and a voice kept on saying to please sit in our seats (seemed recorded). The next time, however, a CM actually came on and said, "If you don't sit down we won't continue the ride and remove you". :confused: We were looking around to see who it was but couldn't see. We were in the scene above the boat battle, and Tick Tock's teeth were clacking in the silence. Scary! No, just kidding. It wasn't.

poohbearlover15
02-20-2008, 04:41 PM

I would HATE being stuck in the graveyard with the ghosts popping out.

Haha thats funny because I got stuck on haunted manison right in front of the ghost popping out! It was about 10 minutes and i jumped everytime i saw that ghost!:mickey:

dumbo ears
02-20-2008, 06:01 PM
yes a few times. My most memorable is the one when we got stuck on dinosaur at the end when the t-rex is just roaing in your face, ya i wasnt very fond of that

Goofy Fan
02-22-2008, 01:57 AM
We've been stuck plenty of times but the one that sticks out the most was several years ago on Splash.

We were on the outside part of the ride directly next to Brier Rabbit's hole and we ended up getting stuck for about 20 minutes. Let me tell you, hearing that 'echoed' version of "How do ya do" for 20 min. really drives you nuts. We ended up getting stuck one more time right at the bottom of the big incline which leads to the big drop.

mouselover93
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
i once got stuck on primeval whirl whe i was 8 and i was there in the hot sun for almost 2 hours and then i thought what else could go wrong. and guess what went wrong? it started to downpour and storm.

and then this pass december i got stuck on test track and nearly got grounded for for missing my familys dinner reservation

splashtest
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
I think the longest I ever got stuck on a ride was Test Track. We eventually needed to be wlaked off of the ride. That was pretty cool. I've also been stuck on Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Haunted Mansion. I'm sure there were others, but none that stick out.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM
September 2007 - Stuck on Splash Mountain several times, the worst being for 37 minutes RIGHT before the drop in to the Laughin' Place. It was alright though, got to see it with the lights on/etc. Cast members running around on the sides.

They'd stop by and tell us "adults" in the logs that they had to restart every computer zone. Then when kids asked what happened, the same cast members would tell the children, "Brer Fox and Brer Bear are up to no good and they got our computer systems!" It was cute :mickey:

We ended up getting a free fastpass...but thats it. I thought for 37 minutes we would have got a little more.

Nevertheless - it was fun for the most part!

Oh yes - the one detail I forgot above...there was an air-conditioned vent RIGHT above my mom and I on the ride so by the 20 minute mark..we were wet AND cold.

Chris :hatter:

Simbafan73
02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Last August we were stuck on Space Mountain for 25 minutes,it was just at the very beginning in the little tunnel and the CM came over to talk to us.
He ended up telling us alot of interesting tidbits about disney and some helpful hints.
He mentioned that the ride shuts down like that every week or so and has to reboot.

The conversation was quite enjoyable.

tjstrike
02-23-2008, 02:59 AM
Been stuck several times but we've actually had to get off 2 rides in the middle because they were temporarily permanentaly stuck. Those were splash mountain and Rockin rollercoaster.

disneygirlie11
02-23-2008, 07:02 AM
I've been stuck on Buzz Lightyear twice and test track everytime but twice. Our last trip in December we got stuck on EE for about 10 minutes or so. We were in the front two rows and it was the very top right before you go backwards. It was a great view of epcot from up there, but my friend started freaking out and crying after about 5 minutes b/c it was the day after the man had died on it and she didn't want to go on it to begin with. The ride started to rumble when it started back up, but we didn't move for about a minute after that. Not very fun!

pixiegoose
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
In September, we got stuck on HM 3 different times- once in the hallway with the glowing eyes "wallpaper", once going backwards down into the graveyard scene, and once towards the end of the graveyard scene. Each time it was between about 3-5 minutes. We also got stuck on Buzz Lightyear- too bad it was in the tunnel at the end where there are no targets.

Brownie54
02-23-2008, 12:09 PM
"Note: the above is actually my 7 year old sons post. He wanted to get in on the act. He wants to have his own account on the site, but I explained he's too young so he's posting through me."

Welcome!

I'll bet you never thought so many people would answer in a couple of days. I guess almost everyone has had a "stuck" ride. My most memorable time was on Spaceship Earth. We were about a third of the way up and after waiting about ten minutes they turned on the lights and led us out of our seats and we walked down and out of the ride. It was kind of cool. I stopped to take pictures a few times.

Can I tell you about a not so fun time being stuck? It wasn't at Disney World, but at Universal Studios. I was taking my daughter(about your age) on a ride called "duelling dragons". It is a roller coaster type ride and the first time my daughter rode one. We knew a storm was coming and we hurried to get on before the ride was closed because of it. We were so happy to make it on the ride. But not happy for long. We got to the top of the climb and it stopped! There we were, high in the air, our feet danglingin the air. Then the storm moves in. It's getting darker and darker. Then the wind really starts to blow hard! I didn't want my daughter to be scared so I joked with her and told her how "lucky" she was to be stuck up here. That she could tell all her friends about it. It was five minute we were stuck, but it felt like thirty. We were up there all alone, no cast members, not even an intercom to assure us. I don't even remember the rest of the ride once it started. I was so glad to be off that ride and of course the storm hit right after we got off.

So what did we learn? Disney goooood!!!!!!!! Universal baaaaaad!!!!!!

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Stuck on rides? Oh boy, have I sure been!

Everyone gets stuck on the Haunted Mansion, as well as on Spaceship Earth. I believe it has less to do with the ride breaking down and more to do with the ride stopping to let on some handicapped folks.

When I was in Disneyland with my friend in '05, however, we got stuck on Splash Mountain. We were about a boat-length from the big drop, and eventually the castmembers came out and aided us in getting out of our boat. Then we got to walk along some of the behind-the-scenes staff paths to exit the ride. All in all, it was actually pretty cool and funny to be hopping across Disney's lily pads.

The second story I have about getting stuck on a ride includes the Test Track at Epcot. I was in a car with my parents and my younger brother and sister. We got stuck outside on the track, at the point where the car is nearly at a 90-degree angle to the ground. We hung there for about ten minutes -- I think my arm went numb because I was on the outer edge (or in this case, at the top of the car) and hanging onto my little sis, who was afraid she was going to fall out!

Again, the castmembers came out and walked the car along back inside. However, my dad is claustrophobic and didn't like being trapped. He asked them repeatedly to let him out of the car so that he could walk along with them, but they refused. We eventually headed over to customer service, where he complained a great deal ... but scored us five FREE five-day adult park hopper passes, a free character dinner at the Liberty Tree in MK, souvenir mugs from the Liberty Tree, and special reserved seating for both the afternoon parade and the evening's Spectromagic Parade.

Another cool thing? To get to the afternoon parade on time, a castmember drove us over in a van along Disney's special cast roads. We exited out onto Main Street in the MK where the characters come out!

Disney definitely treats its guests well, and though I don't like to say it -- if you have a situation that requires a bit of complaining, do so.

MickeyAD
02-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I've had a few experiences getting stuck in cold spots on a ride where the air conditioner hits you head-on: in the "Dead Men Tell No Tales" part on POTC and the final turn before the unload area on Splash Mtn. I had fun when we got stuck on Big Thunder Mtn because we had enough time to kill that I called my sister back at home and left a message on her phone saying I was stuck on a run-away train on a mountain in a cave with boulders that were about to fall (remember the final hill climb?) :D.

sheltie
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
i have been stuck on buzz lightyear.but this is great because i really racked up my points:D

Gooftroop5
02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
We got stuck on POTC dd fell asleep and had a nice nap so it worked out well for us but we got almost shot I don't know how many times it was in the final part near the treasure. We were stuck for about 15-20 minutes.

I don't remember the 1st time I was stuck on a ride I was little little (it was either 73 or 75). However my parents tell me it was on the carasoul of progress. They had one of those sudden Florida summer showers an everyone crowded around so they couldn't safely turn it. Well they had started turning it so we were stuck between scenes so you heard "Its a great big beautiful tomorrow..." over and over again. Its probably why its one of my favorite songs in the world. I also made it my special ringtone for my mom...:D

snerd475
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep, that Test Track! I've taken to asking the CM on the outside if it's broken down yet that day!

One time, we got stuck for a couple minutes here and there on the inside, about 5 in front of the mountain curve, and I was getting impatient. But as soon as we got outside and cut loose, I was yelling "this makes it all worth it!"

Well, it died right at the end, before you go into the final tunnel... for 25 minutes. I guess I'd spoken too soon! We had a fast pass for Soarin', and I kept looking at my watch, wondering how long it'd take to run over there. Well, we found out! We got there the minute our FPs expired. I see from another thread on here that the CMs will honor them, but I didn't know that then, and I was prepared to put up the stink of the century if they denied us!

Love that GM technology!

Walt Lucas
02-27-2008, 09:02 PM
I was stuck in UoE once. sadly, it was in one of the theaters and not in the dino room :( we had to watch the movie 2 and a half times before we were escorted out of the buillding. This was before the "ellen" redo so it wasn't as bad :) I had to laugh, a solar powered ride broke down, must have been a rain cloud going overhead :D

TinaT
02-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I was stuck on Tomorrowland Transit Authority for about 45 minutes in September 07. It wasn't bad at first, we had a good view of Tomorrowland. It was night so everything was lit up and I was able to learn how to use the night settings on my new camera. But after about 20 minutes it started getting boring. :(