PDA

View Full Version : Which ADR would you drop?

alaMode
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Hola!
I have made too many ADRs for our upcoming trip in April. I need to cancel one, but since we haven't eaten at any of these restaurants yet, I don't know which one to let go...

Akershus Princess B'fast
Donald Safari B'fast
Dinner @ Whispering Canyon Cafe

We are a party of 3 adults and one 8 year-old who loves character meals.

We also have dinner ADRs at LTT (during P&P party), Ohana (8 yr. old's b-day), and LeCellier (have to keep this one based on great reviews!)

Thanks for your help with this "difficult" decision!

Tess
poly 07
poly 08

princessimagineer
02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
i mite not be much help but...

ive never had dinner at wispering canyon, but i love breakfast there, its an extremely fun reastaurant, i cant see dinner being any less of an adventure!

i havnt done eather of the other two, but i havnt heard great things about the princess breakfast (sorry, i dont kno how to spell it so ill just call it that) except for its scenery being pretty. but im sure if your family is very into character meals, its probably not that bad.

vamaggie
02-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Since your DD is really into characters I would drop WCC. IT was very good and a fun atmosphere but no characters. It also seems that you have a number of other dinners booked and having a few character b'fasts is good.

lockedoutlogic
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
dump akershus

#1disneyfan
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
We took our DD to Askerhus and she LOVED the princess breakfast, and now it is much cheaper than CRT. We have never eaten at Donald's in AK, and we had a bad experience at WCC. If you choose to keep WCC over Donald's, just make sure that you request on a table in the main dining area. We were seated in the back and missed all the fun, which kind of defeated our purpose of eating there to begin with. Have a great time on your vacation! And :birthday: to your soon to be 8yr old!

Magic Smiles
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I have only eaten at the Tusker House (Donald's Safari) for the breakfast and O'Hana's out of your list. I would dump either one of these as we did not enjoy either of them. Actually Tusker House, characters were GREAT, food not even good, service about the same as the food.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Akershus Princess Breakfast - On our last trip we meet 6 or 7 families that had done this and said that they didn't recommend trying it. They said they personally didn't care for the food and that their children wouldn't eat it. They said that their children enjoyed seeing the Princesses but they would have rather waited in line at the park to see them.

The rest of them look great though. Have fun!

d_m_n_n
02-20-2008, 08:21 AM
IMO I would drop Donald's breakfast. We've been to it before and have absolutely no desire to return. :shake:

You can't drop the princesses and WCC is one of our favorites, with good food, good fun and good service. :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Is your 8 yr old a boy or girl?

If a girl, drop Tusker House (Donald's).
If a boy- drop Akershus.

Do you have to drop one because there's not enough time?
Or are you on the DDP and have run out of TS credits? If it's a credit issue, consider paying out of pocket for Tusker House- it's the least expensive of your meals.

Tinkerfreak
02-20-2008, 08:36 AM
My DD's loved the Princess breakfast but not the dinner. The characters at dinner time rushed right by them several times because we were seated way in the back by the door they came in and out of. It took forever for us to get to see them all and when we did they did not spend much time at our table. The food was really bad for us. I guess we just don't like that type of food. Out of our party of 2 kids and 4 adults nobody found anything they liked on the menu.
We did this again last year for breakfast and it was a totally different experience. The food was excellent, one of the best breadfasts we had. The characters spent lots of quality time with us and we never felt like they were rushed or like they were rushing us.
If your 8 year old is a girl and you have chosen this for breakfast I say keep it and drop one of the other ones.
Also look at how convenient it will be to get to. If you are torn between two pick the one that will be easiest to get to.

CleveSJM
02-20-2008, 09:49 AM

If a boy- drop Akershus.

Do you have to drop one because there's not enough time?
Or are you on the DDP and have run out of TS credits? If it's a credit issue, consider paying out of pocket for Tusker House- it's the least expensive of your meals.

Totally agree. WCC is very fun and the most cost-effective use of a TS credit. Paying OOP is best for breakfast and you'll still get the character meal if you have the time.

Young@Heart
02-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, I have no experience w/ Akershus. We're trying it for the first time this year. But it's a must for my DD who is in love w/ all the Princesses. :princess:

I dind't personally care for Donald's b'fast, but the rest of my family enjoyed it. I thought the food tasted stale. None of us cared for WCC. I was so excited about this one, and we planned it for our last night at WDW. Combining a table in the back w/ a waiter who was being trained was not good. It was a slow, boring meal w/ average food. I would give it another shot, but DH says no way.

laward32
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
I would drop Donald's breakfast. We ate there in Dec 06 and I won't do that again. We did WCC in Oct 07 and loved it. Akershus we've never done. We might try it on our next trip. But the girls loved Chef Mickeys, so it will be a tough decision.:mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I would drop the Donald breakfast. You have lots of character dining planned. Plus, you will see Mickey characters at LTT. While not a character meal, WCC sounds like a very fun and interactive place to eat. I think you'd get a good meal and a slightly different experience here. Plus, you'd get to see the Wilderness Lodge.

jpH/keD
02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I would say drop Donald's breakfast since you have 2 of those and you will duplicate most characters from LTT. While I hesitate on that since Donalds is new and I haven't eaten the food but I have done all the others and loved them all! Akershus was DD6's favorite of our last trip. WCC was such a hoot you've gotta go! Have fun!

brownie
02-20-2008, 05:51 PM

If a boy- drop Akershus.

Ditto this.

Natazu
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd probably skip Donald. It's really nothing special. The food at WCC is good and it's fun. Akershus has princesses and that's hard to beat.